THE BROWNS BOARD

SANTONIO HOLMES: Definition of a Steeler

Riffer X

Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010 11:24 AM ET

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ame-suspension/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love me some good Squeeler dirt in the afternoon. Can't wait for their decade of riding the bottom and watch all those bandwagoners jump.

lol. Do you honestly believe the last part of your post? The Steelers are still one of the better if not the best drafting team in the NFL and as long as they continue to uphold that mantra they will NEVER be riding the bottom. As far as Holmes is concerned he's definitely a dipshit, at least as of late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get traded. Thankfully Mike Wallace has proven to be a steal in the 3rd round and we signed Randel El. The wildcard is now Sweed. EIther way a disheartening situation and twitter is a nightmare.

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.

DAMN BUCKEYES !!

Santonio was a well mannered young man at tOSU, and Big Ben could attend a high school dance without raping bitches in the bath room stalls.

WTF did you guys do to these young men over there in Shittsburgh?

Santonio was a well mannered young man at tOSU, and Big Ben could attend a high school dance without raping bitches in the bath room stalls.

WTF did you guys do to these young men over there in Shittsburgh?

I gotta think these are traits they picked up during their "Formative" Years in the Buckeye State. Tsk Tsk Tsk... No wonder you guys produce so many Serial Killers. Dahmer , Sowell and Charlie Manson (Born in Cincy) Come to mind...

Now for the bad news.

Does anyone STILL want to tell me the Rooneys run a CLEAN & CLASSY program? If so, I've got some quick sand for sale in Florida.

They had Joey Pottymouth exercising his public rage as often as possible. I always just wanted to find that guy so I could light a cigar next to him just to see what Middle Eastern country that puke would land in. Puke nuke!

And the Rooneys just quieted another investigation behind the scenes. Tell me there weren't alot of important people paid to smile and say we didn't see or hear anything. It's obvious that clumsy scum bag had more hormones in his body than his body is equipped to handle. This getting phyiscal with the ladies against their will - wasn't something we heard about pre-draft. Your buddy Flugel's weird science tracks it to life after the Steelers hired dirty doctors. Speaking of Rooney payoffs - the last thing written in public was their HGH doctor was being investigated for excessive volumes of HGH purchased. The Rooneys have that guy retired on some tropical island while they've paid investigators to practice the concept of "shhhhh!" and "we didn't find a thing." No shit Sherlock!

And people wonder why the league WANTS a nice kid like Tim Tebow to succeed? Can you imagine putting a nice Christian role model like that in that Rooney locker room? That's like Jesus putting Peter in charge of straightening out Sodom and Gommora. Not gonna happen kids!

- Tom F. (Deck the rapist with the football - falalalalalalalala)

Like he didn't pay the guy to say he threw the glass. Because most people mistake pro football players for insurance agents. What the f*ck is going on in Pittsburgh, I thought I hated those f*cks before. Who the hell likes that team that is not married to their cousin?

Does anyone STILL want to tell me the Rooneys run a CLEAN & CLASSY program? If so, I've got some quick sand for sale in Florida.

They had Joey Pottymouth exercising his public rage as often as possible. I always just wanted to find that guy so I could light a cigar next to him just to see what Middle Eastern country that puke would land in. Puke nuke!

And the Rooneys just quieted another investigation behind the scenes. Tell me there weren't alot of important people paid to smile and say we didn't see or hear anything. It's obvious that clumsy scum bag had more hormones in his body than his body is equipped to handle. This getting phyiscal with the ladies against their will - wasn't something we heard about pre-draft. Your buddy Flugel's weird science tracks it to life after the Steelers hired dirty doctors. Speaking of Rooney payoffs - the last thing written in public was their HGH doctor was being investigated for excessive volumes of HGH purchased. The Rooneys have that guy retired on some tropical island while they've paid investigators to practice the concept of "shhhhh!" and "we didn't find a thing." No shit Sherlock!

And people wonder why the league WANTS a nice kid like Tim Tebow to succeed? Can you imagine putting a nice Christian role model like that in that Rooney locker room? That's like Jesus putting Peter in charge of straightening out Sodom and Gommora. Not gonna happen kids!

- Tom F. (Deck the rapist with the football - falalalalalalalala)

What's scary about the above is that you're serious. If it helps you sleep better at night fantastic but if you want to continue with the above and additional ridiculous conspiracy theories I'll mail you some tin foil. I'm sure you're running low on hats.

What is funny is how jealous all you shit stained clowns fans are. You all are a bunch of queer losers rooting for a loser team. You all, like your leader rifferx (aka russ hansom) are all faggots and losers. get used to another 5-11 season you ozzie newsome rejects. Tell russ his mom has the whitest teeth I ever came across. LOSERS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's scary about the above is that you're serious. If it helps you sleep better at night fantastic but if you want to continue with the above and additional ridiculous conspiracy theories I'll mail you some tin foil. I'm sure you're running low on hats.

Wonder if it is the juice causing Big Gay to go all rapey on chicks.

Good point Flugs, I think you're right.

Wonder if it is the juice causing Big Gay to go all rapey on chicks.

Good point Flugs, I think you're right.

Big Gay is not on roids; if so he is forgetting to actually work out after taking them as if you check out the pics from that 'evening' in GA dude looked to be 300+ Lbs with a Satan shirt on...how apropos

Wake and Bake???? LOL What a fine education he must have received here in C-Bus...that is pathetic and to actually post it as your daily intent???? Yep fine organization you all have there in western PA

Big Gay is not on roids; if so he is forgetting to actually work out after taking them as if you check out the pics from that 'evening' in GA dude looked to be 300+ Lbs with a Satan shirt on...how apropos

Wake and Bake???? LOL What a fine education he must have received here in C-Bus...that is pathetic and to actually post it as your daily intent???? Yep fine organization you all have there in western PA

Yea since the Rooney's are thrilled with the actions of either player. Rumor has it they are furious and for good reason. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see santonio get traded. Also let's not kid ourselves for a second. Every fan base in the nfl or professional sports in general would kill to have a ownership base like the rooney's pittsburgh hate aside. They build through the draft, run a tight ship and stick with what works. They also aren't bailing on coaches left and right. Every organization runs in to problems and the steelers aren't exempt. You can be rest assured big ben will now be on the straight and narrow and don't be surprised if you see santonio on a different team.

Yea since the Rooney's are thrilled with the actions of either player. Rumor has it they are furious and for good reason. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see santonio get traded. Also let's not kid ourselves for a second. Every fan base in the nfl or professional sports in general would kill to have a ownership base like the rooney's pittsburgh hate aside. They build through the draft, run a tight ship and stick with what works. They also aren't bailing on coaches left and right. Every organization runs in to problems and the steelers aren't exempt. You can be rest assured big ben will now be on the straight and narrow and don't be surprised if you see santonio on a different team.

A fine post; I must concur that the best way to run an NFL org is building via the draft. Indeed I would be beyond furious as well; that nonsense would be addressed and adjuticated post haste.

I am of the belief that we have the correct folks in place; indeed will build via the draft and a free agent here or there to fill a SMALL gap....right now we simply have too many. With the correct FO in place we will be back and in short order...or as efficiently as drafting talent can produce

A fine post; I must concur that the best way to run an NFL org is building via the draft. Indeed I would be beyond furious as well; that nonsense would be addressed and adjuticated post haste.

I am of the belief that we have the correct folks in place; indeed will build via the draft and a free agent here or there to fill a SMALL gap....right now we simply have too many. With the correct FO in place we will be back and in short order...or as efficiently as drafting talent can produce

I agree. I think with holmgren running the show even tho I hate the guy, he should be able to right the ship. Although for your sake I hope mel kiper is wrong (he usually is) about bryant landing at seven. I think with robiskie and mo moss you have a nice little tandem. Yes bryant is a horse but I think it would be crimminal to pass on a guy like berry for example if he's there...either way I want the afc north to be the strongest divison in football and sometimes I think it is...if the stains can turn it around, it will be and I hope they do. And yes santonio is hit or miss. Its a shame because he's a great reciever. Here is to hoping the rooney's beat his ass. Hampton has been at ota's the entire time. His new contract and tomlin putting him on the pup list last year must have struck a cord.

Russ Hanson, definition of an Akron homosexual.

Dude you seem obsessed; is it not odd that those folks who make it a point to pontificate over the evils of homosexuality, gambling, all sorts of fornication are exactly the ones whom are caught in the act(s) that they rail against?

Run a tight ship? ROTFLMAO! I got your tight ship right here! If they are what you say - they send their clumsy QB packing as soon as his actions became a trend. This is the 3rd major distraction caused by that Diva (motorcycle with no helmet, victim #1 and victim #2). Actions peak louder than words. Parcels would have cut his ass not to be confused the Rooneys putting their 2-lips on Benji's organ. The Rooneys are famous for going public on SAYING classy things but they've had some REALLY unethical standards being reinforced behind closed doors there over the years. Enough for SI to do a story on them. Here's some things I've read that the Rooneys got silenced as quickly as possible:

Greg Lloyd knocked all his wife's front teeth in with the pistol shaft and for a little EXTRA fun he had his son tied to a chair and had the same pistol up against the side of his kid's cranium. NORMAL people do that all the time right?

Justin Strez was last seen buying a case of beer before he drove his car off a cliff, Terry Long's final happy hour was a frosty 16 oz glass of Anti-freeze, HGH Doctor was miraculously cleared of investigations a day or 2 after an article appeared about the urgency of getting to the bottom of that (Cowher would announce he was leaving at the SAME time of this article coincidentally enough), Ben is all cleared for victim #3 to harass victim #3, Joey Pottymouth had his Vegas fight a couple years after rival gang members learned he was back hom and shot him in the leg (how quickly we add fiction as we go along in the Steeler history). Is THAT a HIGH character guy that wonderful front office is all about? Santonio Holmes? Benji? I didn't write ANY of those articles Robo.

The SAME Rooneys let Mike Webster live in the streets and eat out of people's gargabge cans because they CARED so much. He was just a reminder of win at all costs they didn't want to see the brutal outcome of.

Anyone EVER care to research why Chuck Noll and Lynn Swann don't talk to Terry Bradshaw? I don't need to say a word - just research it and let me know if Benji is the first Steeler QB to play rough with the ladies. Let me know how you make out with that.

Sports Illustrated did a casket count BEFORE Steve Courson's book signing tour ended up looking like a Sopranos Crime scene. Which one of you gullable sodderheads REALLY believes that guy tied his dog up downhill and downwind from this tree he was allegedly cutting down? And when an article prints about the unethical team doctor buying excessive quntities of HGH - Flugel see Benji go down like Bambi - 3 weeks later Flugel see Benji, bigger, faster, stronger and more pain free than ever before.

Like Courson's message indicated before someone had him taken care of. "We were wrong - those rings don't mean anything. They send the wrong message to the next generation." As we would later learn the NEXT generation became Jim Haslett and Bill Romanowski - both who said the Steelers showed them how to be successful. I couldn't think of 2 better junkies to exemplify that. Worth noting: the Rooneys HIRED Haslett as a coach to keep the pulse of that win at all costs mentality alive.

When I see more DEATHS tied to the Pittsburgh Steelers than the story Death In the Lockerrrom tallied up for former Olympic athletes usinf steroids- you better believe I'm not standing in the candyass line that says you HAVE to call the Rooneys classy. You can have my spot in the front of that line Robo while I stand in the line that DEMANDS the truth from Pittsburgh for a refreshing change. It's too big of a trend that reminds me of Tom Osborne at Nebraska greasing his fanny for all the right people running the NCAA while his players were beating women, assaulting students and looking like the rationale behind ads for "just say no!"

- Tom F.

Run a tight ship? ROTFLMAO! I got your tight ship right here!

Greg Lloyd knocked all his wife's front teeth in with the pistol shaft and for a little EXTRA fun he had his son tied to a chair and had the same pistol up againts the side of his kid's cranium.

Justin Strez drove his car off a cliff, Terry Long's final happy hour was a frosty 16 oz glass of Anti-freeze, HGH Doctore cleared, Ben is all cleared for victim #3 to harass victim #3, Joey Pottymouth had his Vegas fight a coupleears after rival gang members learned he was back hom and shot him in the leg (how quickly we add fiction as we go along in the Steeler history),

The SAME Rooneys let Mike Webster live in the streets and eat out of people's gargabge cans because they CARED so much. He was just a reminder of win at all costs they didn't want to see the brutal outcome of.

Anyone EVER care to research why Chuck Noll and Lynn Swann don't talk to Terry Bradshaw? I don't need to say a word - just research it and let me know if Benji is the first Steeler QB to play rough with the ladies. Let me know how you make out with that.

Sports Illustrated did a casket BEFORE Steve Courson's book signing tour ended up looking like a Sopranos Crime scene. Which one of you gullable sodderheads REALLY believes that guy tied his dog up downhill and downwind from this tree he was allegedly cutting down? And when an article prints about the unethical team doctor buying excessive quntities of HGH - Flugel see Benji go down like Bambi - 3 weeks later Flugel see Benji, bigger, faster, stronger and more pain free than ever before.

Like Courson's message indicated before someone had him taken care of. "We were wrong - those rings don't mean anything. They send the wrong message to the next generation." As we would later learn the NEXT generation became Jim Haslett and Bill Romanowski - both who said the Steelers showed them how to be successful. I couldn't think of 2 better junkies to exemplify that. Worth noting: the Rooneys HIRED Haslett as a coach to keep the pulse of that win at all costs mentality alive.

- Tom F.

Lol. Oh you aren't bitter or anything. I'm certain if I spent some time I could dig up a wealth of s.hit about every franchise in the nfl. You successfully made yourself look like a total chach, congratulations. If I weren't posting on my phone i'd respond in greater detail but the above is a bunch of bitter "I'm tired of being bullied afc north haterade". Tell as how you REALLY FEEL Tom F.

Lol. Oh you aren't bitter or anything. I'm certain if I spent some time I could dig up a wealth of s.hit about every franchise in the nfl. You successfully made yourself look like a total chach, congratulations. If I weren't posting on my phone i'd respond in greater detail but the above is a bunch of bitter "I'm tired of being bullied afc north haterade". Tell as how you REALLY FEEL Tom F.

Pitt is definitely a shady organization to be sure. Great points Flugs but you know it'll go in one ear and out the other.

You're posting from your phone? How pretty in pink of you. What a fag!

Robocrack, I don't know if you're a soccer mom or you just come across like your full of estrogen and period cycle so I'm gonna refer to you from now on as Anita Beer. I'm sure Big Ben would love to see you in fanny floss. When he drink more beer he become Seymore Crack - then he play LBer and fill the hole.

The YEAR we learned about the HGH doctpr was the SAME year Joey Porter was running his pottymouth in public practically DARING the NFL to test his dirty urine.

I think seeing Bambi bust a wheel and then seeing Bambi sprinting around and cutting on it paralleled Moses walking on water and Lazarus being risen from the dead. I don't care what ANY one says - that's got HGH written all over it. And how else does a 5-7 football team go 8-0 the rest of the schedule against the toughest part of it? Every player had their own pez dispenser with some phoney prescription attached to it from Dr HGH.

They haven't changed a bit from, from anything Courson wrote. Ignorant Steeler fan refers to these as "All the Right Moves." Educated people that know how to READ - read! Those that react - are literate.

And Lister, not sure why you would be so certain that the Clumsy QB lacking a history of violence and aggression is suddenly out of control and unfamiliar with his endocrine system. He's unfamiliar with it because there's a lot of shit that's doesn't belong in his bloodstream. If you read the stuff I wrote about - there's too many incidents following the trend of too many early caskets in Pittsburgh.

Don't listen to Robocrack - he's distracted by his Big Ben vibrator that multi-tasks and gives him anal temperatures too. He didn't want any part of Flugel reminding people the rings are as counterfeit as former Steeler Steve Courson said they are.

#7 can rape again because the Rooneys got the cashflow to keep him free, employed and enabled. Make no mistake - they still want that kid juiced too. I'd bet bboth my testicles to science and my house and my car and my job! Hey if he WINS - that's all that matters there.

- Tom F. (The Rooneys have spent so much cake on collateral damages caused by unethical measures - they don't have enough cake left over to put some freakin grass over the mud in that dump.)

Ask and you shall receive. You're posting on your phone? How pretty in pink of you!

REAL Cleveland Browns fans with their OWN testosterone don't get on their knees for the Pittsburgh Steelers or type in from pretty pink phones. Way too limp wristed. Looks good on you though.

If this is the new millenium Browns fan that wants to join hands and sing Koombaya with Steeler fan - color me worried about the future of homefield advantage in Cleveland.

Robocrack, I don't know if you're a soccer mom or you just come across like your full of estrogen and period cycle so I'm gonna refer to you from now on as Anita Beer. I'm sure Big Ben would love to see you in fanny floss. When he drink more beer he become Seymore Crack!

- Tom F.

Coming back from texas. Flew in to columbus with my gf. She's still working in cbus while I get settled in pittsbrugh. We both went to college in ohio, gasp! I'm guessing your to old or at least to technologically Retarded to navigate the internet away from your piss yellow 486. I also want zero part of any hand holding with anyone wearing sh.it brown and construction cone orange. I guess I've just evolved enough to co exist on a suedo friendly wave length. Well that and pittsburgh hasn't spent the last 10 years losing. You'll hold tight to you win last seaon just like that playoff win years ago. If you didn't get those glimmers of light at the end of the tunnel you would no doubt have several orders placed for your sh.it brown snuggie waiting for the spaceship to land and rescue from your drug induced slumber of football mediocrity. You may also want to lay off the bart simpson insults unless of course insults of that magnitude are as far as your intelligence will allow. I think I may stop by the history museum tonight to take a picture of the 6 lombardi's. It would make a nice screen saver for my pretty phone.

Archived