THE BROWNS BOARD

RB, James Davis

ATENEARS

681455m.jpg

JAMES DAVIS

Davis held off C.J. Spiller for three years to start at Clemson, was a preseason sensation as a rookie. However, his role is to be determined under a new front office.

After appearing in two games and being inactive for a third, Davis was placed on injured reserve on October 3rd. "The rehab process went really (well)," Davis said. "Right now, I made this my hardest offseason that I ever had because I'm making a comeback. I'm trying to get as strong as possible, stronger than I've ever been before. I know it's going to take a lot of work this offseason to get there and that's what I'm doing right now, working as hard as I can. Right now, I'm 100 percent, but I'm only getting stronger. I'm going to come in and work like I did as a rookie. All those opportunities I get to get in there, I'm going to play like I'm a rookie. I'm out there trying to get a job, so that's what I'm looking forward to."

I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

I agree. I loved what I saw of him while attending camp in Berea last year. He followed that up with a stellar preseason. Ttoo bad for the injury, but hope this new regime can get him the opportunities he needs.

I like the attitude. If he continues he may give us that one two punch in the running game. Harrison should be coming in as the starter after last years season ending performance, but we cant run him 35 - 40 times a game and expect him to have fresh legs in December.

I agree. I loved what I saw of him while attending camp in Berea last year. He followed that up with a stellar preseason. Ttoo bad for the injury, but hope this new regime can get him the opportunities he needs.

Thats the worry. Opportunity is almost as important as talent. The guy who gets the chance is usually going to look the best.

Archived