THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmes Trade...Biggest Rip Ever?

PlayoffsIN09

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an example of what a players integrity means.

I wonder what Big gay's stock is worth now?

Sucks to be a steelers fan, doesn't it.

No it doesn't . I dont see our team fading away , and good luck in beating the Steelers even once this year. But keep yapping Ms. T. Twist and SHOUT baby !!

ya mean like you said we wouldn't beat ya last year?

if you dont see your team fading, your just another delusional dumb-xxxx that willfully ignores reality.....you team is aging and you recent drafts have not been up to par with cowhers. if they were, you wouldn't be bringing back guys that cowher cut for his up and comers...

Roboswallow,

Could you be any more limp wristed? It's like you're showing us the shoot all over your chin with every post. Do yourself a favor and try not to be so obvious.

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention - Big Ben ain't getting love. His inability to accept the word no meant some girl just made about 5 million $ for quiet time. Ben-Dover prolly paid 2.5 mil and the Rooneys gladly matched it. And just for a nice diversion, the Rooneys got rid of Holmes to throw off the scent of this epic wrong doing.

Don't worry - Flugel will translate so even simpletons like you will understand what's being written and implied.

- Tom F.

Thanks for playing. I just finished sh.itting more intelligence than your feeble Steeler hating brain has produced all day. What is it with the 4th grad name calling around here? Roboswallow? Yesterday someone called me "squirtbreath" What the hell is a squirtbreath? Do you guys sit your kids down, grab a magnadoodle and work this out together? The Steelers got rid of Holmes because he's been a headache since day one. It's also a lot easier to terminate a receiver with a expiring contract than a Quarterback that just signed a 100 million dollar contract. It's also not cost effective for a franchise to eliminate the backbone of the franchise. All things you readily understand but refuse to acknowledge rationally via this lovely message board because you'd rather ask your 8 year old for a dip sh.it name suggestion. Sooooo congratulations at your more than weak attempt at being funny, cute, witty. All things you clearly aren't. You guys may finish 6-10 this year. Great news. It will probably produce another top 10 selection.

ya mean like you said we wouldn't beat ya last year?

if you dont see your team fading, your just another delusional dumb-xxxx that willfully ignores reality.....you team is aging and you recent drafts have not been up to par with cowhers. if they were, you wouldn't be bringing back guys that cowher cut for his up and comers...

Come on you were due . You did it and you damn sure aint a "Better Team" So far. I just dont see it this yr. Maybe next. But its just MHO.

This trade must rank in the top 20 NFL worst trades ever. Anyone agree? Disagree? How do you trade a potential HOFer, recent Super Bowl MVP, great young proven receiver for a petty 5th round pick? Despite his recent troubles, he is still worth a 2nt round pick to the right team.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Potential HOFer? Really? He is a beast, but potential HOFer when it took Art Monk years to get in, and Chris Carter is still trying to get in? I dunno man.

So? If the Rooney wanted to make a true statement, not a fake one, they would cut Roethlisberger.

Criminal acusations played NO part in the trading of Holmes. His is inability to follow LEAGUE rules (not laws, becuase according to the US court system he as committed just as many crimes as Ben, which is ZERO) and his demand for an unreasonably high pay led to his trade. The Steelers have always shipped out people who break league rules and never pay unreasonably high salaries.

To cut Ben without him breaking any laws, breaking team or league rules and not demanding an unreasonable contract would be to committ an unlawful termination. No, it doesn't make any type of logical, reasonable or intelligent statement for the Rooney's to break laws.....

Criminal acusations played NO part in the trading of Holmes. His is inability to follow LEAGUE rules (not laws, becuase according to the US court system he as committed just as many crimes as Ben, which is ZERO) and his demand for an unreasonably high pay led to his trade. The Steelers have always shipped out people who break league rules and never pay unreasonably high salaries.

To cut Ben without him breaking any laws, breaking team or league rules and not demanding an unreasonable contract would be to committ an unlawful termination. No, it doesn't make any type of logical, reasonable or intelligent statement for the Rooney's to break laws.....

Oh really? Then if Ben gets suspended then what?

QUOTE (ATENEARS @ Apr 12 2010, 02:21 PM)

Seriously Pittsburgh would have been better served just flat out cutting the guy. They look like idiots by taking the measily 5th round pick.

If you cut the guy, the teams scrambling for his services look like idiots, but now the Jets look like hero's for fleecing the dirtbag franchise.

What a joke of a franchise acting all moral and shit with their retired players dropping dead left and right from locker room performance enhancement drugs.

There are about a dozen ex-Steelers that wish they could not only wake-n-bake, but just wake.

Freaking hyprocrites

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are truly one of the biggest Dick-weeds I have ever come across. Bitter little Puss. Scoreboard dumb*** in just about every way imaginable. But just keep typing , you look more ridiculous with every stroke of your keyboard. Its Seriously ... pathetic. And save your dumb predictable responses , it will be lame and more of your blaa blaa rhetoric.

Last offseason a Brown committed a very serious and dangerous crime that directly led to the death of another human. This offseason someone tried walking on a plane with a loaded gun, another very serious and terroristic crime. Just a few seasons ago the Browns willingly started a proven roid user on their O-line......But it's all about the Steelers....."Freaking hyprocrites".....

Oh really? Then if Ben gets suspended then what?

Then he would send in a complaint to the league and the players association that he is being punished for no reason. If Ben didn't break any team or league rules and the league/team didn't over turn the suspension Ben would be accompanied by the NFLPA in a lawsuit against the league. Do you understand yet?

Then he would send in a complaint to the league and the players association that he is being punished for no reason. If Ben didn't break any team or league rules and the league/team didn't over turn the suspension Ben would be accompanied by the NFLPA in a lawsuit against the league.

He did break the rule, the conduct policy currently goes like this. It states " It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances: Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses. Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."

Then he would send in a complaint to the league and the players association that he is being punished for no reason. If Ben didn't break any team or league rules and the league/team didn't over turn the suspension Ben would be accompanied by the NFLPA in a lawsuit against the league.

You are wrong. It states that the NFL players are held to higher standards and should respect their higher standing with grace.

You are wrong. It states that the NFL players are held to higher standards and should respect their higher standing with grace.

Since the NFL's rule on suspension is rather vague when not talking about players who committ crimes it would be up to the judge to decide whether or not celebrating your birthday by being under super vision of two body guards and getting drunk falls under that rule. The league almost never punishes a player who didn't committ a crime or didn't complain about refs or other league actions. I'm not saying it isn't allowed, but it's rarely done. One reason is the league has a very specific list of detrimental behavior, if it doesn't specifically fall on the list it's likely becuase it's bordline at best. If it is bordline and not specifically mentioned as punishable it could lead to far to many expensive lawsuits, which would also be detrimental to the league. Goodell is meeting with Ben this week to discuss this incident and Ben's actions in general. If Ben ignores Goodell's advice then at that point a suspension or other punishment would be warranted and most likely handed out.

Since the NFL's rule on suspension is rather vague when not talking about players who committ crimes it would be up to the judge to decide whether or not celebrating your birthday by being under super vision of two body guards and getting drunk falls under that rule. The league almost never punishes a player who didn't committ a crime or didn't complain about refs or other league actions. I'm not saying it isn't allowed, but it's rarely done. One reason is the league has a very specific list of detrimental behavior, if it doesn't specifically fall on the list it's likely becuase it's bordline at best. If it is bordline and not specifically mentioned as punishable it could lead to far to many expensive lawsuits, which would also be detrimental to the league. Goodell is meeting with Ben this week to discuss this incident and Ben's actions in general. If Ben ignores Goodell's advice then at that point a suspension or other punishment would be warranted and most likely handed out.

A two or three game suspension would be fair, imo. It's not too harsh, but still discipline Ben's actions. It's fair, but that's just my opinion. Two game suspension, no mas, no less.

A two or three game suspension would be fair, imo. It's not too harsh, but still discipline Ben's actions. It's fair, but that's just my opinion. Two game suspension, no mas, no less.

I certianly wouldn't being saying a 2 game suspension is unfair, but I don't think it will happen. Goodell will certianly give Ben some warnings, but I don't think he will get suspended for his first incident. Goodell will also take into consideration that by suspending Ben for his first incident it may give the appearence that Goodell suspened him for the sexual assult charge, not being a drunk idiot. This would make Ben and therefore the l,eague look worse than it really is.

I certianly wouldn't being saying a 2 game suspension is unfair, but I don't think it will happen. Goodell will certianly give Ben some warnings, but I don't think he will get suspended for his first incident. Goodell will also take into consideration that by suspending Ben for his first incident it may give the appearence that Goodell suspened him for the sexual assult charge, not being a drunk idiot. This would make Ben and therefore the l,eague look worse than it really is.

First incident, yeah right? Remember the Lake Tahoe incident. He has to suspend him for his actions. He has to! His actions are just not right. I know the Lake Tahoe was a money-grubbing affair, but hear me out here. Two incidents in nine months! How many can say that, especially in the NFL, unless you're pacman jones. :lol:

First incident, yeah right? Remember the Lake Tahoe incident. He has to suspend him for his actions. He has to! His actions are just not right. I know the Lake Tahoe was a money-grubbing affair, but hear me out here. Two incidents in nine months! How many can say that, especially in the NFL, unless you're pacman jones. :lol:

Ben did nothing in the Vegas incident that can lead to punishment by the NFL. Anyone can attempt to file a civil lawsuit for nearly any reason imaginable. You probably wouldn't win and most likely it wouldn't even make it to court but you could sue your 2nd grade teacher becuase you suffered minor childhood depression becuase one day she yelled at you for splashing water at the sink. :lol: No criminal charges will be filed and even if he lost the civil case I don't know that the NFL could suspend him becuase it's civil not criminal. Any attempt to punish Ben for a civil lawsuit that hasn't even made it to court would not be handed out by Goodell.

Good thing they didn't have those high standards 50 years ago when Jim Brown played. He beat up woman every chance he got. If he played now he would be banned for life. I don't think he sexually abused them, he just liked beating the shit out of them. A real stain hero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh here we go....

james harrison has such roid rage, its even affecting his mother. her poor team got there ass whooped, she lost it and started attacking browns fans. really, how many cycles do you have to run to make your mother exhibit the same symptoms?

you have to go back 50 years to make a claim.....i can pick apart your current roster.

oh here we go....

james harrison has such roid rage, its even affecting his mother. her poor team got there ass whooped, she lost it and started attacking browns fans. really, how many cycles do you have to run to make your mother exhibit the same symptoms?

you have to go back 50 years to make a claim.....i can pick apart your current roster.

Hi coconut, here is the difference. Harrison is just another body the steeler uses to win games. When he is no longer productive, the steelers will dump his ass.

Now jim brown is the clowns patron saint of football. You and all your fellow homers on this board worship him for some reason. If he met a bunch of you Retards somewhere and pulled out his dick, there would be a fight over which one of you stain homers could suck it first. He will go down in history as the most cronic woman beater ever. Everyone also knows he is a racist. If he played now a days he would be average at best. Talk about living in the past.

Do you see the difference now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but when he's productive, there's no problem with looking the other way.

anything to win, right?

allow your players to kill themselves for trophies, permit a rapist to continue to play, drug offenders can be ignored....

living in teh past? youre Retarded ass brought up jim brown. go change you diaper....your shit stinks.

but when he's productive, there's no problem with looking the other way.

anything to win, right?

allow your players to kill themselves for trophies, permit a rapist to continue to play, drug offenders can be ignored....

living in teh past? youre Retarded ass brought up jim brown. go change you diaper....your shit stinks.

Coco, why do you have to be so insulting?

Pot meet kettle, you were OWNED, boy.

Choco is on today, man.

You picked an avatar named after your hero a degenerate drunk. The only thing coconuts own's is some land in allegheny county. He is your new hero.When you meet him, you can teabag him. Son :lol:

how original....jim brown again.

and youre really gonna pull out a guy that used roids "to heal up" after the steelers history of willfully killing their players for success?

get the xxxx outta here.....you got nothingg. you have more criminals currently on your team than we've had in 20 years.....wanna go back even farther? ive already pulled the links?

remember barret brooks? jonathan dekker? delton hall? chuck bonasorte? joey porter? bam morris? jeff reed? james harrison? santonio holmes? rod woodson? cedric wilson? i assure you, i've got plenty more.

even your xxxxing gay ass mascot got arrested....

Last offseason a Brown committed a very serious and dangerous crime that directly led to the death of another human. This offseason someone tried walking on a plane with a loaded gun, another very serious and terroristic crime. Just a few seasons ago the Browns willingly started a proven roid user on their O-line......But it's all about the Steelers....."Freaking hyprocrites".....

You are right. The Browns have had their share of miscreants. You also forget the Braylon Edwards was charged with assaulting a guy. To the Browns credit, they, like the Steelers, have dumped nearly all of their miscreants: Stallworth cut, Edwards sent off to Rehab Jet City along with Holmes. The book is still out on Rogers. (Like with Stallworth and Edwards, they may await the final disposition of his case to take action on him. These two were convicted, Rogers is pending)

I don't know who you are talking about on the "roid user" though. You may have to refresh my memory.

A good question though is this: Does it seem that the overwhelming number of these miscreants are Wide Receivers?

Holmes, Edwards, Stallworth, Chris Henry..RIP, Plaxico, Brandon Marshall, Charles Rogers, etc. etc.

Any others?

Then he would send in a complaint to the league and the players association that he is being punished for no reason. If Ben didn't break any team or league rules and the league/team didn't over turn the suspension Ben would be accompanied by the NFLPA in a lawsuit against the league. Do you understand yet?

Not necessarily. The NFLPA has signed off on a "code of conduct" that does NOT require that a conviction be handed down, or even that charges be brought. The agreement gives to the commissioner wide discretion to determine if a player has violated the code of conduct.

Essentially, it says that any act by a player that can bring embarrassment, shame, or besmirchment to the League or its member teams can be disciplined at the discretion of the commish. This gives Goodell wide latitude to suspend BR.

Now, I don't know if he will take that action....or even if he should. But if decides he should, he will be within his authority to do so...authority agreed to by the NFLPA.

Archived