THE BROWNS BOARD

Early Bird survey (short form)

The Gipper

I know I usually wait till Mondays to do this, but I think for over the weekend we can have a short survey to tide you over:

1. The NFL schedule comes out Tuesday. Do you plan to attend any Browns road games?(or if you have a different favorite team...a road game of that team). What factors would weigh on what road game, if any you would attend?

2. Do you think the Cavs will roll through the playoffs like the Blitzkrieg through Belgium?

3. Followup from Monday's survey: Do you think April 19, Patriot's Day which commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary War (Paul Revere's ride, the Battles of Lexington and Concord etc.) should be a National Holiday? Note: it is a holiday in Maine and Massachussetts.

I know I usually wait till Mondays to do this, but I think for over the weekend we can have a short survey to tide you over:

1. The NFL schedule comes out Tuesday. Do you plan to attend any Browns road games?(or if you have a different favorite team...a road game of that team). What factors would weigh on what road game, if any you would attend?

I will probably do Tampa. Since I have season tickets and go to 5 Browns games a year, my road tripping to other cities has curtailed....that's 5 road trips as it is.

2. Do you think the Cavs will roll through the playoffs like the Blitzkrieg through Belgium?

I doubt they win, so no....something is going to happen

3. Followup from Monday's survey: Do you think April 19, Patriot's Day which commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary War (Paul Revere's ride, the Battles of Lexington and Concord etc.) should be a National Holiday? Note: it is a holiday in Maine and Massachussetts.

If it hasn't happened to this point, there isn't any hope it does now

I might attend the Pittsburgh game as long as its not dead winter. I am making it a point this year to go see my boy Brent Celek play in Phili. I promised him id go so I got to haha. Otherwise, id just depends on the weather and how much I have on my plate with school.

I hope so. But i have that Cleveland feeling that tells me to expect something bad.

Yes I do. And i am not saying that to get a day off. It was a very important day in our nations history.

My own answers:

I never have. I only go to very few home games. But the concept is beginning to sound interesting. For 14-15 years I have "hosted" a fall "guys" trip. We have usually gone out west and hiked around the mountains of Ariz/New Mex/Washington/British Columbia/Colorado/California etc. Though, last year and this year I went tropical. Last year was the Cayman Islands and this fall is Puerto Vallarta. So one factor against me doing it this year is that I already have a fall trip set. However, for next year, going to a location during the week the Browns are playing a road game may weigh heavily on the destination I choose. The other factors would obviously be: $$$ and the availability of a nearby condo on my time share. Weather is a factor. New Orleans or Florida in November/December would be much more enjoyable than those locales in September when it is still a sauna box there. Likewise, going to Buffalo or Green Bay in December would not be so great. But Wisconsin in October could be beautifu. However, what would be very tempting this year for a short trip would be if the Browns were the team scheduled to play the Bills in their game in Toronto.

OK, no more of this Cleveland pessimism. Just because we have had our hearts broken over and over and over again, it WILL not happen this year. This team is going to shred its opponents like it was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

(Hell, it has never worked in this town to be pessimistic...why not be uber optimistic. Perhaps that will work)

I personally DO believe it should be, or at least I would very much like it to be. After all, between President's day and Memorial Day there are no official government holidays, (though some places give off Good Friday). Why shouldn't we celebrate kicking some British ass! (oh...sorry Howie and kamac...we like you anyway)

As I only get one game a year (bit of a distance issue - well more of a money issue really) I won't be doing a road game but I am guessing a few here will be planning on one in florida. I am hoping to see a divisional rival game this year but will have to see how the schedule pans out

I think the route through Belgium had less resistance.

Why would you want to celebrate that? ;) Was that the start of kicking the redcoats butts?

Depends where and when

I can only hope so.

I dont see it happening at the present time, it would probably take 2/3rds of congress to pass it.

I try to attend at least one road game a year. Last year it was Detroit, and I would have attended more, if the team hadn't stunk so bad. Buffalo is great from reports I've heard. I do have a goal to see the Browns play in all 31 other cities, and I'm at 6 and counting.

Cautiously optimistic. Do I expect them to roll 8-0 to the Orlando series like last year? No. But this team is on a Mission from God. They're going to be tough to beat, and Ferry and the boys got taught a severe lesson last year- it's all about matchups in the playoffs, and at least on paper, the Cavs have addressed their deficiencies. But you never know-with our luck LeBron could blow out his knee, or break an arm like Bogut did, and there goes the title.

3. Followup from Monday's survey: Do you think April 19, Patriot\'s Day which commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary War (Paul Revere\'s ride, the Battles of Lexington and Concord etc.) should be a National Holiday? Note: it is a holiday in Maine and Massachusetts.

Don't really care one way or the other about it- it sure wouldn't mean an extra day off work for me. :)

Just curious, how do you get tickets for a road game? Are they available online on the team's websites? Do you have to go through a broker like StubHub or Amazing Tickets or some such? Do you have to just go to the stadium and get a ticket from a street scalper? Do you have to pay an arm and a leg above face value for them? Which cities are easy and which are hard to get? Inquiring minds ask.

Maybe, if it happened to coincide with a visit with friends in N.C. or somewhere else...

YES. It's their time.

YES. Before you know who decides to make May 4th National Holiday. :angry:

A. We're talking about a national holiday.

B. I went to Kent for a couple of years. I was THERE on May 4th, 1970.

C. Maybe it deserves to be a state holiday in Cuba, but not here in our U.S.A. <_<

Just curious, how do you get tickets for a road game? Are they available online on the team's websites? Do you have to go through a broker like StubHub or Amazing Tickets or some such? Do you have to just go to the stadium and get a ticket from a street scalper? Do you have to pay an arm and a leg above face value for them? Which cities are easy and which are hard to get? Inquiring minds ask.

Just like a Browns game, you call the ticket office (that teams) an see if you can land one. Those go on sale in late June to early July.

If not, you start hitting the Stub Hubs of the world and buy a brokered ticket.....just plan on paying double or more for the seat.....or just head there and find some guy on the street and buy one from him.

Paying for 2-3 brokered tickets is what made me decide to just get season tickets. If I was going to pay $150 for a seat 2-3 times a year , I might as well pay $1400 a year for 2 seats 8 times a years....I am usually able to make back 1/3 selling seats I can't use .....or it gives me a tax deduction to claim for the seats I donate back to the Browns to give to kids.

You might be 11 miles away from the stain stadium. You wouldn't be in a fight, you're just get your ass kicked like the queer stain team you root for you cum guzzler faggot :lol::lol::lol::lol:

AHH! internet balls!!

Nothing more impressive than a keyboard tough guy!

NOPE

AS IF!!

OUR GOVERMENT IS ALREADY BROKE! JUST THINK HOW MUCH MONEY COULD BE SAVED IF WE'D CUT OUT A COUPLE OF PAID

HOLIDAYS

You might be 11 miles away from the stain stadium. You wouldn't be in a fight, you're just get your ass kicked like the queer stain team you root for you cum guzzler faggot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol...

according to my yinzer-> english translation, i think this means "internally, im worried about how poorly our team has been run the past 3 years. even if we nail this draft, we're gonna struggle to just field a respectable team. i've got nothing, so im gonna resort to slinging grade school insults...as that all my mental prowess will allow."

meanwhile, steeler fans continue to burn bens jersey's in teh streets.

If you're nice to people with tickets they might sell them to you at face value.

Mr. know it all asking a dumb ass question like this. Even the educated stain fans are stupid asses :lol:

You don't really think it is a dumbass question. General information of this sort can be invaluable to anyone. You just wanted to make a dumbass disparaging remark and to prove that your existance is full of spitefullness and bitterness.

Well you have succeeded. Now you can die happy (and hopefully, that will be soon).

Id really like to talk to you someday. TheClevelandSound

Hey, you can email me any time ! I didn't want to tick you off, just goofing around.

WTF does Cuba have to do with it? Gipper

If you knew the people back then, in the anti-war movement, at Kent, you'd know, Gip.

Just trust me... @@

Id really like to talk to you someday. TheClevelandSound

Hey, you can email me any time ! I didn't want to tick you off, just goofing around.

WTF does Cuba have to do with it? Gipper

If you knew the people back then, in the anti-war movement, at Kent, you'd know, Gip.

Just trust me... @@

UH, did you know them? Were you around there then? I know one of the guys that was shot. He lives about 2 blocks from where I am sitting right now. I know a number of other people that were there. My next door neighbor was on the scene when the shooting occurred. I use to work with one of the National Guardsmen. I was scheduled to be in Kent that very evening but my event got cancelled by the shootings. (It was a sporting event...a baseball game)

Were some of these people involved in the protests "radicalized"? Yes, but by opposition to the war, not to any "pro-communist" sympathy or anything.

Actually, I didn't know you knew all that. But trust me, I KNEW people who were not against the war, but were ardent revolutionaries.

I was there that day, and had talked with some of the National Guard that morning. Went to Kent for two years after that day, starting the next fall.

Even got elected to the student gov.,

One of the top Kent radicals signed my petition. He said I was a class guy, a good dude, he just disagreed with me. But he laughed and said

he wouldn't want to challenge me to a debate.

but I quit after a group took over a student gov. meeting with "takeover of the world" "change the world" .

and the more sinister, "Che ! Che ! Che !" chant.

Yeah, so that's why I mentioned it. There were tons of kids upset about the war, Gip. But there was also Jerry Rubin, talking

about "kill your parents" in one rally.

But, I still go back to the young lady with big tears rolling down her face at the student union. (sorry, I'm repeating this story)...

she had gone to the giant Washington D.C. rally. Her brother was in Vietnam, and she was crying over the betrayal. You see, they all went on buses to D.C., and ended up arrested and held for a bit at the JFK stadium, I think it was.

Well, the LEADERS of the trip and the "anti war" rallies... did NOT GO to the rally. They took the money for the trip home, etc,

and threw themselves a big party. A lot of students had to wire home for some money to get back home.

The young lady was crying in anger and bitter because of the huge betrayal. She wasn't alone in her bitterness.

She was against the war, and dearly loved her All-American brother, and wanted him home safely, and she was angry, and hurt, that the leaders didn't care at all. They were just playing on her feelings for political support.

I really have always hoped her brother made it back home, for her sake.

so, I do know of what I speak.

I had this conversation once in Mississippi in the Air Force with a guy who said he knew the National Guard was bullying and shooting students on purpose, etc.

I said that was a bunch of crap, that students were throwing rocks, and chanting "death to America"... he disagreed.

I showed him my Kent State ID card. I still have pictures I took that morning of the National Guard somewhere, I think, before

the shootings took place.

Actually, I didn't know you knew all that. But trust me, I KNEW people who were not against the war, but were ardent revolutionaries.

I was there that day, and had talked with some of the National Guard that morning. Went to Kent for two years after that day, starting the next fall.

Even got elected to the student gov.,

One of the top Kent radicals signed my petition. He said I was a class guy, a good dude, he just disagreed with me. But he laughed and said

he wouldn't want to challenge me to a debate.

but I quit after a group took over a student gov. meeting with "takeover of the world" "change the world" .

and the more sinister, "Che ! Che ! Che !" chant.

Yeah, so that's why I mentioned it. There were tons of kids upset about the war, Gip. But there was also Jerry Rubin, talking

about "kill your parents" in one rally.

But, I still go back to the young lady with big tears rolling down her face at the student union. (sorry, I'm repeating this story)...

she had gone to the giant Washington D.C. rally. Her brother was in Vietnam, and she was crying over the betrayal. You see, they all went on buses to D.C., and ended up arrested and held for a bit at the JFK stadium, I think it was.

Well, the LEADERS of the trip and the "anti war" rallies... did NOT GO to the rally. They took the money for the trip home, etc,

and threw themselves a big party. A lot of students had to wire home for some money to get back home.

The young lady was crying in anger and bitter because of the huge betrayal. She wasn't alone in her bitterness.

She was against the war, and dearly loved her All-American brother, and wanted him home safely, and she was angry, and hurt, that the leaders didn't care at all. They were just playing on her feelings for political support.

I really have always hoped her brother made it back home, for her sake.

so, I do know of what I speak.

I had this conversation once in Mississippi in the Air Force with a guy who said he knew the National Guard was bullying and shooting students on purpose, etc.

I said that was a bunch of crap, that students were throwing rocks, and chanting "death to America"... he disagreed.

I showed him my Kent State ID card. I still have pictures I took that morning of the National Guard somewhere, I think, before

the shootings took place.

Well, the guy from Mississippi was right: The National guard was there bullying people. (I mean, in a sense, that was their legitimate purpose in being there...to bully the students into going where they wanted them to go and to do what they wanted them to do. It WAS a show of force.) And, they were shooting students on purpose. I mean, they stopped, took aim, and fired their weapons and 4 people died and a number more were wounded. There is no doubt that that was a purposeful act.

The question was whether or not they were justified...not whether or not it was on purpose.

And I doubt they were chanting "Death to America". Maybe they were saying "F**K Nixon" but not the other.

well, I can't WAIT until we can boot ...er...

football....forum..... ;)

You do not have to censor yourself on here. Don't know why that would be necessary. If someone doesn't like what you say, they can go "click" on to the next post or next subject....Unless they want to engage in what should be an amicable debate, then they are free to respond. If the Admins feel for some reason it is getting so far off topic, they can they just move it to the political forum or the tavern or the barbershop or wherever.

Archived