THE BROWNS BOARD

WILL OBAMA RETURN $994,795 IN GOLDMAN SACHS CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS?

Mr. T

WILL OBAMA RETURN $994,795 IN GOLDMAN SACHS CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS?

Along with others

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers.

University of California $1,591,395

Goldman Sachs $994,795

Harvard University $854,747

Microsoft Corp $833,617

Google Inc $803,436

Citigroup Inc $701,290

JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132

Time Warner $590,084

Sidley Austin LLP $588,598

Stanford University $586,557

National Amusements Inc $551,683

UBS AG $543,219

Wilmerhale Llp $542,618

Skadden, Arps et al $530,839

IBM Corp $528,822

Columbia University $528,302

Morgan Stanley $514,881

General Electric $499,130

US Government $494,820

Latham & Watkins $493,835

http://news.uk.msn.com/forum/thread.aspx?b...ba-623839abd295

It would make a safe bet that after he helped out with all of the bank bailouts he should expect more out of Wall St. When he gets ready to run again.

This is off topic, Heck, but what is your feeling about - let's say - Blackwater. Do you believe every employee is/was a criminal? A lot of them?

No. Who thinks every employee of Blackwater is/was a criminal? That's not really where the debate about Blackwater/military contractors is, is it? Or the Halliburton debate, for that matter.

Someone in our family was a former Marine and Blackwater employee who was killed in Iraq protecting a government official. (The official lived.)

Again, have the debate with the cartoon Cindy Sheehan version in your head if you must, but at some point you have to take that head out of your ass.

I'm not trying to pull that card on you, John. I'm just saying - these discussions aren't very enlightening. I spend 75% of the time correcting misinformation and the other 25% in some mostly irrelevant fringe discussion that is a long way from being important.

Of course that's limited to nitpicking the opposition.

We don't often see you calling out your own bedfellows.

;)

WSS

I'm not trying to pull that card on you, John. I'm just saying - these discussions aren't very enlightening. I spend 75% of the time correcting misinformation and the other 25% in some mostly irrelevant fringe discussion that is a long way from being important.

You didn't play any card, Heck. Not even a whiff of that perceived by me, any way.

PS After going to Barnes Nobel and just happening to be in Raven Bookstore in Northampton, MA Sunday night, I finally found a copy of 'Common Ground' in no other place than our public library. Hefty book. Looks like a hefty content, too.

And 99% of the time we are correcting your talking points. with facts and not opinion.

Heck's bogus 75% corrections is 75% trying to diminish any differing viewpoint or fact that doesn't

fit with his bigoted politicism.

Of course, part of that is accusing others of bigoted politicism.

Kinda Soviet Unionish in the old days, to me.

You didn't play any card, Heck. Not even a whiff of that perceived by me, any way.

PS After going to Barnes Nobel and just happening to be in Raven Bookstore in Northampton, MA Sunday night, I finally found a copy of 'Common Ground' in no other place than our public library. Hefty book. Looks like a hefty content, too.

I know. But personal experience shouldn't be the only barometer here. If you can't imagine or don't think about what other people go through without having someone you know personally involved, you're always going to have your head up your ass.

The book is great. You'll blow through it, don't worry.

It's available at Audible.com.

I just bought it.

It had better not suck.

B)

WSS

So can you download it to a smart phone or any mp3 device?

Yes.

I go through a shitload of audiobooks and Audible is great.

iPod or any MP3 player, or smartphone will work.

They have a list of devices on the site.

The books are like 9 or so bucks each if you buy one of the memberships.

That just means you pre pay for a number of books.

Mine gives you 24 a year.

www.audible.com

Tell 'em westsidesteve sent you.

WSS

Yes.

I go through a shitload of audiobooks and Audible is great.

iPod or any MP3 player, or smartphone will work.

They have a list of devices on the site.

The books are like 9 or so bucks each if you buy one of the memberships.

That just means you pre pay for a number of books.

Mine gives you 24 a year.

www.audible.com

Tell 'em westsidesteve sent you.

WSS

I will, this sounds great. By the time I get home at night I am useally tired from reading all day as it is. I do work in the printing industry. Between reading online plus everything else my eyes are tired.

Archived