THE BROWNS BOARD

Jared Allen bar Incident

maddogg7888

The fact he's constantly flapping his gums yet never throws down. Dudes CONSTANTLY running his mouth to people, now apparently at bars in 30K "millionare" shitholes like Scotsdale, AZ.

It's called professional restraint. Something a lot of Steeler fans wish one of our face of the franchise employed more often. I'm sure if push came to shove and then guy got physical he'd react. Let's say he does put his fist through the guys face, then what? Oh He's getting suspended by the NFL. Funny how so many have been chastising Big Ben for his actions but when Jared Allen chooses to walk away after some choice words he's a pussy. lol make up your mind.

It's called professional restraint. Something a lot of Steeler fans wish one of our face of the franchise employed more often. I'm sure if push came to shove and then guy got physical he'd react. Let's say he does put his fist through the guys face, then what? Oh He's getting suspended by the NFL. Funny how so many have been chastising Big Ben for his actions but when Jared Allen chooses to walk away after some choice words he's a pussy. lol make up your mind.

Should Allen be suspended for bringing the league bad publicity? Even if no criminal charges are filed. Even if some random drunk started it all?... I don't think he should, but it seems clear Ben will be recieving a suspension as punishment. Goodell has no choice but to suspend Allen or face losing his credibility by being a hypocrite.

The Colts DT Eric Foster is facing a civil lawsuit. The accuser claims he raped her in his hotel room bathroom before the this year's AFC Championship game. What kind, if any, punishment will he face?

This could be starting off a string of sexual assult charges against a whole bunch of NFL players. If Goodell suspends Ben, he has to be careful. Him being inconsistant or hypocritical on punishments will harm the league more than false, civil or accusations where no charges are filed against players. The cases against players that go nowhere will harm the league's repuation among non-NFL followers even if the players are suspended without committing a crime. Inconsistant punishments for players who are innocent of all criminal activity will hurt the leagues rep with the people who actually watch the sport, the people who actually matter.

What "standards" are NFL players held to? They must be more than innocent? Goodell needs to stop babysitting players and let the legal system handle criminal matters....If a player breaks a league rule he should be punished accordingly..If a player is warned about his behavior, but ignores Goodell's warning, then he should be punished accordingly.

Should Allen be suspended for bringing the league bad publicity? Even if no criminal charges are filed. Even if some random drunk started it all?... I don't think he should, but it seems clear Ben will be recieving a suspension as punishment. Goodell has no choice but to suspend Allen or face losing his credibility by being a hypocrite.

The Colts DT Eric Foster is facing a civil lawsuit. The accuser claims he raped her in his hotel room bathroom before the this year's AFC Championship game. What kind, if any, punishment will he face?

This could be starting off a string of sexual assult charges against a whole bunch of NFL players. If Goodell suspends Ben, he has to be careful. Him being inconsistant or hypocritical on punishments will harm the league more than false, civil or accusations where no charges are filed against players. The cases against players that go nowhere will harm the league's repuation among non-NFL followers even if the players are suspended without committing a crime. Inconsistant punishments for players who are innocent of all criminal activity will hurt the leagues rep with the people who actually watch the sport, the people who actually matter.

What "standards" are NFL players held to? They must be more than innocent? Goodell needs to stop babysitting players and let the legal system handle criminal matters....If a player breaks a league rule he should be punished accordingly..If a player is warned about his behavior, but ignores Goodell's warning, then he should be punished accordingly.

Jared Allen better not get suspended, that would be ridiculous. Big Ben is getting suspended because it's a second offense of the same scenario.

Jared Allen's situation basically amounts to drunks yelling at each other at a bar. Ben's situation involves two drunks of opposite sex in a locked bathroom, where one claimed to have been sexually attacked.

Again, I said CLAIMED

Please don't try to compare these situations.

Jared Allen's situation basically amounts to drunks yelling at each other at a bar. Ben's situation involves two drunks of opposite sex in a locked bathroom, where one claimed to have been sexually attacked.

Again, I said CLAIMED

Please don't try to compare these situations.

Ben's not being punished for a claim. Ben is also not being punished for potentially engaging in sexual activity with an of aged woman. Ben is being punished for getting drunk and causing problems at a bar. (problems completely unrelated to the rape charge and that woman in general)

Allen got drunk and caused trouble at a bar. It has brought bad publicity to the league. Goodell wants players to be held to a "higher standard" - I think that would include threating to injury/kill other people. Him using the word "homeboy" should be an automaticle $5,000 fine.... :lol: But in all seriousness, why shouldn't he face similiar punishment to Ben?

Ben's not being punished for a claim. Ben is also not being punished for potentially engaging in sexual activity with an of aged woman. Ben is being punished for getting drunk and causing problems at a bar. (problems completely unrelated to the rape charge and that woman in general)

Allen got drunk and caused trouble at a bar. It has brought bad publicity to the league. Goodell wants players to be held to a "higher standard" - I think that would include threating to injury/kill other people. Him using the word "homeboy" should be an automaticle $5,000 fine.... :lol: But in all seriousness, why shouldn't he face similiar punishment to Ben?

I'm going to do my best to be as unbiased as I can when replying to you, so please don't think I'm an ignorant Browns fan trying to bring down your team. With all of the ridiculous PC stuff that is STILL around for some reason, I could see your $5,000 fine come to fruition, btw. lol

Let me rephrase, if he does face any charges, they should be nowhere near the charges that Ben will (should?) receive. Allen was retaliating to someone calling his girl a "cgfunt". (It doesn't feel right even typing it like that.) If the punishment is based solely on the amount of "bad publicity" brought on the league, I will argue all day every day that even an alleged rape charge(I believe all Goodell has said is that Ben violated the personal conduct policy, right?) that is dismissed early on brings more bad publicity than a drunk getting in a fight because someone called his girlfriend a bad name.

Whether Goodell qualifies it as being drunk in a bar and causing problems or not, it is still driven by all the media attention towards his actions in that one seater in Georgia.

Fair to say?

Ben admitted to contributing and public indecency when he admitted to buying the 20 year old (and her friends) drinks and to having "sexual relations" in a public place. I know he wasn't charged (We would be) but those were illegal activities either way.

I'm going to do my best to be as unbiased as I can when replying to you, so please don't think I'm an ignorant Browns fan trying to bring down your team. With all of the ridiculous PC stuff that is STILL around for some reason, I could see your $5,000 fine come to fruition, btw. lol

Let me rephrase, if he does face any charges, they should be nowhere near the charges that Ben will (should?) receive. Allen was retaliating to someone calling his girl a "cgfunt". (It doesn't feel right even typing it like that.) If the punishment is based solely on the amount of "bad publicity" brought on the league, I will argue all day every day that even an alleged rape charge(I believe all Goodell has said is that Ben violated the personal conduct policy, right?) that is dismissed early on brings more bad publicity than a drunk getting in a fight because someone called his girlfriend a bad name.

Whether Goodell qualifies it as being drunk in a bar and causing problems or not, it is still driven by all the media attention towards his actions in that one seater in Georgia.

Fair to say?

Goodell punsihes players for their actual actions that bring bad publicity, not accusations. Players aren't going to face more severe punishment becuase they were falsely accused of rape instead of falsely accused of battery. Goodell doesn't punish for false accusations. Ben's actual actions of getting drunk and becuase of his general (but non-criminal) behavior at the bar brought his punishment. Assuming no criminal charges are filed against Allen, he was drunk at a bar and did actions were not to the standard Goodell expects from players. It doesn't matter how the media portrays it, it matters on what actually happened.

Ben admitted to contributing and public indecency when he admitted to buying the 20 year old (and her friends) drinks and to having "sexual relations" in a public place. I know he wasn't charged (We would be) but those were illegal activities either way.

The only way the police can prove it was Ben who brought the drinks and made them avaiable to a 20 year old is if the 20 year old admitts she got them from Ben. Then the police would have to take action against Ben, and the 20 year old for underaged drinking.

Goodell punsihes players for their actual actions that bring bad publicity, not accusations. Players aren't going to face more severe punishment becuase they were falsely accused of rape instead of falsely accused of battery. Goodell doesn't punish for false accusations. Ben's actual actions of getting drunk and becuase of his general (but non-criminal) behavior at the bar brought his punishment. Assuming no criminal charges are filed against Allen, he was drunk at a bar and did actions were not to the standard Goodell expects from players. It doesn't matter how the media portrays it, it matters on what actually happened.

Ben's "actual actions" brought bad publicity. He was "actually" in a bar, with an underage girl, and apparently in the bathroom having sex with her.

I don't believe that any of us under-informed fans can make the assumption that someone's behavior was noncriminal or not based solely on the lack of pursuit of a trial. Sure, they may be considered noncriminal because the woman decided not to pursue for whatever combination of reasons, but we can't be naive enough to believe that some things, which are out of the control of the common man, could have influenced that outcome. I guess I don't come from the ideology that "if you don't get caught, it didn't happen." I am also not saying definitively that Ben did ANYTHING wrong. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think that what Allen did was okay. It most definitely is bad publicity for the NFL.

My point is, criminal actions are still criminal, whether they are punished for them or not. Neither player got in trouble with the police, farther than questioning I believe.

Conduct itself is about how you are perceived to the public.

Whether right or wrong, Ben is perceived to much of the public as a rapist.

Jared Allen is perceived as a guy defending a woman by threatening, but ultimately doing nothing, to some disrespectful prick.

Conduct is how you present yourself to the people you make money off of, in the case of the NFL.

this is the week of the draft, literally like 50 something hours away from each team trying to add and reshape their team for the future and we're talking about drunk douchebags at bars. i didn't click on the link to see the vid or story or whatever because i already know that jared allen is a quiff. everytime he has a segment on 'jim rome is burning' or 'sportscenter' he's got his hunting gear on with a freakin mullet ready to go shoot or bow hunt some animal who's just wants to get home to it's young. doesn't take some BIG MAN to mow down a defenseless animal. BUT can we leave these guys alone long enough for us to remember that noone is perfect and we've all made mistakes. the thing with ben has been so played out that i hope, at this point, that he gets suspended and goes somewhere for a couple of months and let things fade away. I IN NO POINT CONDONE ANY ACTION THAT HE MIGHT HAVE TAKEN CRIMINAL OR NOT AGAINST A YOUNG WOMAN HEDGING ON PASSING OUT TO GAIN ADVANTAGE IN SOME SEXUAL SITUATION. there have been many times in my life where i have said things and proposed things while inebrieated (sp?) that i feel embarassed and ashamed about, and over the years having many lessons taught to me and wising up on my own have i learned to keep my xxxxing mouth shut and my dick in my pants. a couple of ass beatings and gun to your head will do that to you. these guys are young and powerful with money coming out of their ass. they just need to grow up like alot of us still need to.

While I agree with your post, what else is there to talk about? Mock Draft version 233334.29? Once that draft rolls around or someone makes that big trade, I'd love nothing more than to drop all of this crap and accept whatever Roger Goodell decides. But for now, what's the harm?

While I agree with your post, what else is there to talk about? Mock Draft version 233334.29? Once that draft rolls around or someone makes that big trade, I'd love nothing more than to drop all of this crap and accept whatever Roger Goodell decides. But for now, what's the harm?

no harm. it just is overdone. i might not comment on every thread on the forum but i read most all of them. it's awesome to be able to see what's on a people's minds who are fans of the same team. hell 30 years ago none of this was possible. although i thank god for the comuter generation and all it's benefits there is still nothing like talking to somebody face to face and looking into their eyes. hell, hopefully a year from now we'll be talking about how the browns will want to trade up out of their 30th slot in the first round because they made it to the super bowl.

no harm. it just is overdone. i might not comment on every thread on the forum but i read most all of them. it's awesome to be able to see what's on a people's minds who are fans of the same team. hell 30 years ago none of this was possible. although i thank god for the comuter generation and all it's benefits there is still nothing like talking to somebody face to face and looking into their eyes. hell, hopefully a year from now we'll be talking about how the browns will want to trade up out of their 30th slot in the first round because they made it to the super bowl.

Trust me, the only reason I am posting here is because I've finally got a break from the constant barrage of Journal submissions, Lab Reports, and Final Exams that have been plaguing me for the past half decade. I'd much rather be sitting in a room with my close friends talking sports. I would much rather the Browns be taking the 32nd selection after winning the Super Bowl however.

He's a pussy because he flaps his mouth off to people about how bad he is yet never proves it, never steps up. My whole point is if you're so bad and think you can/should beat some dudes ass? GO DO IT. Don't stand around, no doubt surrounded by bouncers(or teammates when he pulls this shit on the field) talking shit.

You think that a professional athlete, making more money than most people could ever imagine making, should go out and compromise his career in order to prove he's not a pussy? Give me a break. You're damning a guy from walking away from a situation. Your inner frat boy is showing. Life is not a pissing contest, it's about making sure you keep your ass out of trouble, while having a good time.

As an aside, I doubt you'd even blink an eye in the direction of someone his size.

Yea...allegedly raping chicks.....

Yelling at some dude for calling your future wife a xxxx....

You must be a Democrat lol.

Yea...allegedly raping chicks.....

Yelling at some dude for calling your future wife a xxxx....

You must be a Democrat lol.

I'm following Goodell's logic. Most likely he is a democrat. But honestly,how many times do I have to tell people here Ben's punishment has NOTHING to do with the rape allegation?

I'm not familiar with Jared Allen's on the field antics. Care to elaborate?

You don't think he should fight, but if he doesn't prove to you in some street fight that he is a bad moxxxx fxxxxr then he is a pussy?

I just don't see how beating the hell out of some Joe Schmo in a bar is going to have any correlation with him talking smack on the field. He chose to let it end there, and he left. That shows good judgment in my opinion. Why would he want to have to grease back the mullet and read a speech someone else prepared for him... oh wait.

To try to say that he is insecure, and therefore, a pussy, has no basis in logic, fact, or reason.

I don't get what point you're trying to make. He's a pussy because he won't whip someones ass? A' la Braylon Edwards. Or is it that he's a pussy because he talks shit on the field and then doesn't whip a strangers ass? Because he sure whips ass on the football field. Or is it that he walked away from a situation that could have put his season in jeopardy, and as a result the outcome for the team in jeopardy, that in fact makes him an insecure pussy? Better to pull out a weapon and whip an ass or two.

Give me a break.

6'6 270 pounds. You must be pretty bad. Way more of a bad ass than someone that doesn't get into bar fights with strangers.

I'll call up my boys and see if you wanna say somethin 'brah. Kappa Sigma Alpha fo' life.

To call Allen all talk and no action is ignorant. Why give the give that ignorant person the pleasure of having him sue and get money. On another note why the hell are there so many steelers fans in a browns board???? I dont care what excuse you steelers fans come up with it still is not valid. You would never catch this guy on a steelers forum , never ever ever. Go back to your forum and leave ours alone.

Are people in here seriously debating whether or not jared allen is a badass?! Have you ever seen him?? He's a beast on the field and off the field just not dumb enough to goto jail over some drunk idiot that he could murder with his bare hands. I'm also pretty sure I've seen him get 2 safeties in one game

You sound like some small town Georgia girl just experienced your fantasy and your mad she didn't enjoy it as much as you would!

Archived