Sunday November 14th 1pm: Jets vs. Browns CBS

Sunday November 21st 1pm: Browns @ Jaguars CBS

Sunday November 28th 1pm: Panthers vs. Browns FOX

Sunday December 5th 1pm: Browns @ Dolphins CBS

Sunday December 12th 1pm: Browns @ Bills CBS

Sunday December 19th 1pm: Browns @ Bengals CBS

Sunday December 26th 1pm: Ravens vs. Browns CBS

Sunday January 2nd 1pm: Steelers vs. Browns CBS

Very angry...no MNF or primetime. Not even a 4 o clock.

**Notes: No Primetime games or late games. First season since we came back that we do not have the season opener at home.

Home on Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years weekend. I'm so tired of the xmas & New Years games.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE BROWNS BOARD TAILGATE PARTY

We will be setting key games for our Big Parties soon. Stay Tuned ...

I am tuned. What you do will have a big sway on what I do......so make it snappy!

;)

Right now.....I know the opener will be a game and have already told the wife to plan on New Years in Cleveland unless she wants to be apart for our anniversary...I'll be in Cleveland.

The sooner the better is all I am saying.

From a fans standpoint all 1 o'clock games kinda sucks, but with all the young guys were going to be playing it helps with preparation and getting into a routine. I wouldnt be supprised he we recommended to the NFL to schedule it that way. I know Mangini's lovin it.
i agree. screw the 1 'o clock games. i love that we didn't get any.

our rookies need consistency and don't need short and long weeks messing with their preparation. i also don't want our young players peeking at 4PM on the day of an 8PM game.

so nfl.com says we've got the 10th hardest strength of schedule while our boy Anderson lucked into the easiest schedule of the year.

here's the top 5 hardest schedules (teams who got hosed) the Texans, Titans, Coyboys, Bengals, Jags.

Not one primetime game! Just one? xxxx you, NFL!

All games are one o clock? Why? I at least thought the Browns and Jets game would be a Monday night game.

We didn't deserve one, flat and simple

We didn't deserve one, flat and simple

Usually our 4 PM games are when we play on the West Coast. We don't play out there so it makes sense. As far as Prime Time games, like the quote above, we don't deserve it. Personally, I prefer the 1 PM games. If I lived in CA, I would hate them though games would start at 10 AM.

i don't know if you saw it, but the nfl really set up the steeler's schedule for the most publicity possible. their first 4 games are at 1, then a bye week followed by the browns. is there any doubt that big ben will be suspended 4 games now? he will miss the first four games (none of which are prime time) and then come back for the rivalry game, where i'm sure will be full of talk and build up. they then follow that with 5 prime time games in 11 weeks. this is ridiculous. the nfl could have had some balls and put them in a prime time game where they had to play without big ben, but they chickened out. nice going roger.

Usually our 4 PM games are when we play on the West Coast. We don't play out there so it makes sense. As far as Prime Time games, like the quote above, we don't deserve it. Personally, I prefer the 1 PM games. If I lived in CA, I would hate them though games would start at 10 AM.

I agree on the 4PM games......we also start at 4pm in Cleveland when a WC team visits....we don't have any this year.

For those looking to us for our Tailgate Party Schedule, Early indication is that the two biggest parties are looking like the Home Opener (Week #2) vs the Chiefs, and the November 14th game verse the Jets.

We will hold our customary THE BROWNS BOARD TAILGATE PARTY for the first five Regular Season games. The final three games will not be planned at this time and we may hold the gathering at a local establishment.

If you plan to come in for our Tailgate Party, we need a definate confirmation the Monday before that weekends game, along with your parties head count.

If you need help with travel reservations, please advise.

Look at the bright side of this schedule.

All of our games are on the east coast except for St. Louis Rams that is the farthest west we travel.

This make me feel good over the schedule, players wont have to adapt to time changes as much.

IMO: the worst game to ever have to play is a Thursday Night on the road. Most guys are just finishing the mending process of healing bumps, bruises and starined muscles from playing on sunday.

???? Where do you see that we are playing the Rams this year?

i don't know if you saw it, but the nfl really set up the steeler's schedule for the most publicity possible. their first 4 games are at 1, then a bye week followed by the browns. is there any doubt that big ben will be suspended 4 games now? he will miss the first four games (none of which are prime time) and then come back for the rivalry game, where i'm sure will be full of talk and build up. they then follow that with 5 prime time games in 11 weeks. this is ridiculous. the nfl could have had some balls and put them in a prime time game where they had to play without big ben, but they chickened out. nice going roger.

Well, like I said somewhere else, there is nothing like a Freak show to get ratings, and right now, that is what the Steelers are:

Charlie-Chaplin--43951.jpg

Is it just me or is the regular season starting later and later. In 2 years it will be starting in October.

Agreed, the regular season should at least have begun a week earlier, on Sept. 5th.

The only thing I can figure is that the NFL is priming us for when they want to go to an 18 game schedule. In an 18 game schedule they will HAVE to start the season 2 weeks earlier. They cannot extend the regular season past the first week of January, so they will have to start an 18 game season in late August. E.g. this year they would have had to begin on August 29th (or Aug. 26th if they still do that Thursday night opener).

For those looking to us for our Tailgate Party Schedule, Early indication is that the two biggest parties are looking like the Home Opener (Week #2) vs the Chiefs, and the November 14th game verse the Jets.

We will hold our customary THE BROWNS BOARD TAILGATE PARTY for the first five Regular Season games. The final three games will not be planned at this time and we may hold the gathering at a local establishment.

If you plan to come in for our Tailgate Party, we need a definate confirmation the Monday before that weekends game, along with your parties head count.

If you need help with travel reservations, please advise.

I would have thought the October 3rd home game vs. the pussycats would have been optimal, weatherwise.

has anyone else noticed that the redskins get 3 prime time games? what a crock. they were terrible and deserve none. not that i'm saying that we do, but if the redskins have three, we should at least get 1.

They have Donovan McNabb...and the fact is, it may be that they are actually giving their opponents those prime time dates. I didn't see it, but correct me if I am wrong but I bet that the Cowboys/Giants/Eagles are probably a couple of those games?

The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry still holds some weight with the networks, and I am sure they probably want to give the Redskins/McNabb/Eagles grudge match a full national view.

Plus, the Giants are in NYC, and NYC is the largest market and will always get preference.

Fair to say?

Here is an interesting (or not) stat for what it worth. Here are the 32 teams listed in order of the furthest they have to travel for their road games:

1. 49ers 33,264 miles (includes game in London)

2. Broncos 23,184 (includes London game)

3. Seahawks 23,,122

4. Miami 21,570

5. Chargers 20,338

6. Raiders 20,150

7. Rams 18,364

8. Cardinals 18,068

9. Texans 17,758

10. Buccaneers 16,092

11. Giants 15,784

12. Jaguars 15,392

13. Cowboys 15, 228

14. Saints 13,916

15. Chiefs 13,856

16. Patriots 13,590

17. Colts 13,264

18. Eagles 13,150

19. Vikings 12,510

20. Titans 11,646

21. Panthers 11,132

22. Falcons 10,896

23. Jets 10,096

24. Lions 9832

25. Bills 9122

26. Packers 9080

27. Browns 9060

28. Bears 9030

29. Redskins 8932

30. Steelers 8012

31. Ravens 7270

32. Bengals 5992

Is it just me or is the regular season starting later and later. In 2 years it will be starting in October.

Probably just you.

The season has been pegged at the first weekend after Labor Day for some time. Sometimes Labor Day comes earlier in the month as it is always the first Monday in Sept.

and the 21st hardest schedule lol.

Um yea I said that because you don't have any primetime games AND a tough schedule. I guess that's the price you pay for going 5-11 but hey you beat the Steelers once. Isn't that like winning the lottery in Cleveland? At least you have the Cavs

<--------- Cavs fan most of my life.

Toughest schedule is simply luck of the draw, so no need making it something it isn't.

The cycle in which we play the various divisions is set several years in advance. There are only two games a year we don't know who we are going to play....and it is those 2 games the schedule makers pit us against a team with a similar record.

We'll be 9-7

wins vs steelers (2), bengals (2), bucs, chiefs, jaguars, dolphins, bills

We will take down the Falcons & Ravens too.

After a few beers last night, I had us at 13-2-1 :rolleyes:

Archived