THE BROWNS BOARD

Zombo, Do I Recall Your Being in the Tampa Bay Area

alporcini

we met at Stan's tailgate before the Bengals/Browns home opener about five years ago...

will be flying down to Tampa to visit friends and to see the opener against the Bucs.

maybe meet over at Lee Roy Selmon's for some bbq and drinks?

let me know. al

we met at Stan's tailgate before the Bengals/Browns home opener about five years ago...

will be flying down to Tampa to visit friends and to see the opener against the Bucs.

let me know. al

Al, I'm eyeballing this game as well. Back in 1999 we all got rooms at the Hotel directly across from Raymond James (Yankees spring training camp back then).

May do the same this season, tailgate there before walking over.

(We did walk over right Zippy? ... or did Vette drive us?)

Lee Roy's is a great place for chicken wings. I live up in Cleveland, but my cousin lives in Wesley Chapel. Its right down the street.

I as well am going to the tampa game, along with 10 other browns fans from Cleveland. We are gathering with the Tampa backers(i'm assuming brandon backers). I'm too excited to say the least!!!!

let me know. al

Al, I am planning on being there, and BBQ sounds great ... but Selmon's? Isn't that like a Buccaneer fan eating at a place called Jerry Sherk's the night before a game?

If Skippy comes down, he'll be getting pizza delivered to the Ramada Inn ... that's for sure.

Zombo

Al, I am planning on being there, and BBQ sounds great ... but Selmon's? Isn't that like a Buccaneer fan eating at a place called Jerry Sherk's the night before a game?

If Skippy comes down, he'll be getting pizza delivered to the Ramada Inn ... that's for sure.

Zombo

pizza-delivery-boy-demotivational-poster

Hmmmmm...... well, I may have to consider making the trip too. Not just the Browns- the wifie still has relatives on the Clearwater side.

Ribs is fine but as Zombo will attest for us winos Tampa does have a major attraction- the Mecca of Winedom called Bern's Steakhouse. Not only are the steaks first rate (dry aged prime, and they're cut to order by the ounce) the wine list is the biggest in the world- it looks like a freaking telephone book. 256 wines by the glass if that gives you an idea.

Now on the negative side, I've been to Raymond James once upon a time to see the Browns and Tim Couch get smoked by the Bucs. It was the most miserably hot game I've ever been at- something like 96 degrees, and I was sitting in the stands with sweat pouring off of me- and remember- this is early in the season and it's odds on that's going to be the weather gametime.

It was the most miserably hot game I've ever been at- something like 96 degrees, and I was sitting in the stands with sweat pouring off of me- and remember- this is early in the season and it's odds on that's going to be the weather gametime.

I have been to Tampa in the summertime as well, and it is freaking hot! As they say, with great sacrifice, comes great victory!! I've been waiting 5 years to see this game(played in Tampa), and I would not miss it for world!!!

GO BROWNS!!!

Hmmmmm...... well, I may have to consider making the trip too. Not just the Browns- the wifie still has relatives on the Clearwater side.

Ribs is fine but as Zombo will attest for us winos Tampa does have a major attraction- the Mecca of Winedom called Bern's Steakhouse. Not only are the steaks first rate (dry aged prime, and they're cut to order by the ounce) the wine list is the biggest in the world- it looks like a freaking telephone book. 256 wines by the glass if that gives you an idea.

Now on the negative side, I've been to Raymond James once upon a time to see the Browns and Tim Couch get smoked by the Bucs. It was the most miserably hot game I've ever been at- something like 96 degrees, and I was sitting in the stands with sweat pouring off of me- and remember- this is early in the season and it's odds on that's going to be the weather gametime.

Hoorta... as a fellow lover of the noble grape, I second you on Bern's and their phone book... which as you recall, they keep chained to the wall... and who can resist the excellent dessert room upstairs?... but for most of us humble folk, we'd have to take out a second mortgage on our homes, or at least sell a kidney to afford a meal there... damn that place is pricey!... glad to see you survived the recession, my friend.

Zombo

Zom... I'm open to anyplace... Tampa has got to have the worst fans in pro football (good college town though)... if there are enough of us, what better than to dance on logo of their (one) greatest player's shrine... the Westshore/Airport Selmon's is very convenient to hotels... lots of space, lots of hi def screens showing everything, and great food and drink at a reasonable price... just a thought.

I'm leaning a little toward the Miami game now instead. With Hoorta reminding me of how hot it was there in 99', Zippy reminding me of the gay pizza delivery fem, and Ed eyeing the Miami game as well, I'm switching gears. I just have to beg permission from my Hag to travel between the holidays for the Dec 5th game in Miami.

I just have to beg permission from my Hag to travel between the holidays for the Dec 5th game in Miami.

TRANSLATION: Hag2 found out about my Tampa affair with the Pizza Boy and now she will "let" me go to the Miami game only if Roach and his wife chaperone me and I have Thanksgiving Dinner AND Christmas Dinner with her family this year.

Zombo

I'm leaning a little toward the Miami game now instead. With Hoorta reminding me of how hot it was there in 99', Zippy reminding me of the gay pizza delivery fem, and Ed eyeing the Miami game as well, I'm switching gears. I just have to beg permission from my Hag to travel between the holidays for the Dec 5th game in Miami.

My memory hasnt been the same since the San Diego game so help me out if you can. Was the 1999 tampa game a pre season game? I was there for a preseason game i thought in 99. If i remember correctly besides being hotter than hell a storm rolled in that forced a delay for a while. A 1:00 start in Tampa in Sept is brutal. Lived there for 25 yrs. been to several. You sweat the beer out faster than you can drink it. Or spill it.

If I were to go to a road game, it would probably be the Miami game. Early December means much more tolerable weather in SoFlo. But, I am going to Mexico just a couple of weeks earlier, so, its unlikely.

Archived