THE BROWNS BOARD

defend the home

thomas.wilkeson

Hey guys I'm new to the board as a user. I have been a follower for a while. I just saw Kosars post and I felt the urge to say something. The same thing happened to me back in 2008 in CT. Two guys busted into my house and held me up at gun point. I fought back and wrestled the gun away from one of the guys and then chased after them in my car and crashed into their car so they wouldn't get away. I just felt compelled to tell the story after I read what happened to Kosar. You guys should look it up if you don't believe. Go to google and type in Norfolk home invasion and you'll see the story. I think it is important to not let people get away with that kind of behavior. I hope the police come to see your side of things. Anyway good luck and go browns.

wow norfolk is way the hell up there. what was a punk from the bronx doing up there? i watched the video clip from the news report...........love the way the kid is crying like a little bitch. what happened at trial etc.?

The kid crying in the video was the get away driver, he got one year in prison. The two kids that broke into the home and had the gun, they each got fifteen years in prison but will get out after five on good behavior.

Thanks for sharing your story. When I was 18 I was afraid to skip school. I can't imagine being brought up in a household where this type of behavior wasn't stopped before it began to come to fruition. These young mens' parents failed them, let us hope the United States justice system won't.

Shit man in this day and age parents are TEACHING their kids how to break and enter.

It's sad, but you're right. Whether they're providing them with the lock picking set personally or just allowing them to see that type of lifestyle as something that is acceptable, parents are failing their kids.

get a concealed carry permit, and if you cannot qualify for because of a prior felony or anything else. get a wooden baseball bat and drive large nails thru it at the end. Just dont strike out. ;)

Serious. Even if you do not want to it is a wise thing to do. Find a good instructor, not one who will breaze through the class but one who will answer your questions and is very thorough.

Below is a list of a couple of good training facilities. there is another in columbus but you will have to look it up.

http://www.frontsight.com/

http://www.ustraining.com/new/index.asp

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/tier-1-group/

http://t1g.com/ * these guys train insertion teams for the US, they also have a civilian training center just like blackwater/Xe does.

-------

Myself, i have had guns pulled on me 4 different times in my life, 2 of them have been while i was broke down along the road. So be careful out there.

Myself, i have had guns pulled on me 4 different times in my life, 2 of them have been while i was broke down along the road. So be careful out there.

i first drove cross country when i got back from germany. was still a young idiot and didn't think anything could happen to me. thinking back on it i could've been jacked many times considering everytime i stopped i'd find the nearest bar either in the hotel or close to it and get smashed. i drove a truck for a friend a couple of years ago out to telluride, co. didn't have a gun but a big ass rambo knife. can't get a handgun in ny. if i had to i'd get a pump shotgun. too many horror stories nowadays of scumbags trying to take what you have and throwing you away like a bag of garbage when they're done. days of getting xxxxed up beyond belief where you can't take care of yourself are over. now i just get comfortably numb.

get a concealed carry permit, and if you cannot qualify for because of a prior felony or anything else. get a wooden baseball bat and drive large nails thru it at the end. Just dont strike out. ;)
sure, hey felons, drive some nails in so the jury can see it was premeditated--brilliant!!

no offense but driving around and/or simply carrying around a spiked bat is straight amateur hour T>>>there's no one a cop would rather bust, regardless of who started it. that's definitely asking for more trouble.

imo you'd be much better off getting a blade with a deep choil, like the spyderco lava. 1.75" blade is short enough you can legally conceal it w/out catching an additional charge.

a phenomenal combat knife and extremely difficult to wrestle from your hand. i love mine--it's become my (EDC) every day pocket knife now.

sorry about the weirdo in the vid.

i first drove cross country when i got back from germany. was still a young idiot and didn't think anything could happen to me. thinking back on it i could've been jacked many times considering everytime i stopped i'd find the nearest bar either in the hotel or close to it and get smashed. i drove a truck for a friend a couple of years ago out to telluride, co. didn't have a gun but a big ass rambo knife. can't get a handgun in ny. if i had to i'd get a pump shotgun. too many horror stories nowadays of scumbags trying to take what you have and throwing you away like a bag of garbage when they're done. days of getting xxxxed up beyond belief where you can't take care of yourself are over. now i just get comfortably numb.

the AR-7 is an outstanding firearm to throw in the trunk and just forget about. in case you are not familiar it is a semi auto 22. caliber survival rifle that was designed for Air Force pilots (1958?) to fit in in their bug out bag to stay alive with until they were rescued.

the barrel unscrews and it and the receiver ("pistol guts") are stored in the plastic stock along with room for a couple magazines-basically just three pieces not including clips. weighing in at 2.5 lbs it also floats and the butt cap makes a waterproof seal.

because it breaks down it's totally legal to drive around with and reassembles in 30 seconds or so but with a little practice you could do it in 20 seconds in the dark.

also great for canoe/kayak/backpacking/camping/car-camping situations and for small game. imo everyone should have at least one. get the Henry rifle model but not the others.

• 3 months later...
Hey, Sisky - that is a great idea !

I have to go look that up. Henrys are expensive, but

it would be worth it.

heck yeah. makes a great gift for a son like 13 or so too if you have one. maybe their favorite gift ever(!). i know i wish i had gotten one. B)

a ruger 10/22 backed up by an AR-7 would keep a family living in the right place eating well for a really long time. and .22 ammo is cheap enough you can plink your ass off and/or teach the boy right. or the trunk thing for if you get a flat (on the beltway in D.C. at night :blink: )

if you have a local Gander Mtn or Cabela's i've seen them there. finding them on the used/discounted table to me is a big enough score to swoop in for a quick check whenever i'm in the area passing by. or even call/leave a contact # if they get some used. :)

here's Marlin's option for a breakdownable .22 with a much newer design than the AR-7.

i've never shot one though and fwiw the fella in the vid has never shot a henry AR-7 lol.

new Marlin technology vs. a time tested design probably=what feels good in your hand imo.

lol egos are funny.

sure, hey felons, drive some nails in so the jury can see it was premeditated--brilliant!!

no offense but driving around and/or simply carrying around a spiked bat is straight amateur hour T>>>there's no one a cop would rather bust, regardless of who started it. that's definitely asking for more trouble.

imo you'd be much better off getting a blade with a deep choil, like the spyderco lava. 1.75" blade is short enough you can legally conceal it w/out catching an additional charge.

a phenomenal combat knife and extremely difficult to wrestle from your hand. i love mine--it's become my (EDC) every day pocket knife now.

sorry about the weirdo in the vid.

I've had one of these for a few years. They are awesome. You can clip it to your pants/belt or put it in your pocket.

If it were me, I'd just pick the one that feels the best in your hand, and perhaps in your Wife's hand, and consider the price.

Both seem to be extremely high quality guns.

We bought a SCCX I think it was, an American company that just makes the 9mm models. I use the extended finger jobbie on the clips

since it isn't very big.

Pretty good question. There's probably a couple of guys here who can tell you from a more professional point of view.

------>Founded in 1777 as a direct order from George Washington, Springfield Armory first began as a place to store revolutionary ammunition and gun carriages. Since then, Springfield Armory has grown to produce the popular XD (Xtreme Duty) series of pistols. Full of safety features such as a grip safety that allows the pistol to fire only when the shooter has a firm grip on the handle; the XD is a user-friendly pistol that you can feel good about.

The XD’s visible loaded chamber indicator and striker status indicator can both be verified by touch, which will come in handy in low-light situations, and its ultra safety assurance trigger system protects against accidental discharge from dropping the gun or bumping the trigger.

The Springfield XD is available in 9x19 mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 GAP and .45 ACP calibers.

------>THE top product among the small arms of the world is without doubt the GLOCK "Safe Action" pistol. It employs innovative safety features which makes the pistol easy to operate. No other pistol offers a better price-performance ratio. Its minimum weight and legendary GLOCK reliability are unsurpassed.

I went to check out the Taurus Judge, that is a nice weapon. I'm not a revolver fan even though I own a few but I think I am going to have to add this one.

There is another youtube called the Judge vs. the watermelon.

I went to check out the Taurus Judge, that is a nice weapon. I'm not a revolver fan even though I own a few but I think I am going to have to add this one.

There is another youtube called the Judge vs. the watermelon.

I like revolvers for ease of use, and nothing is as reliable.

Re-load is the drawback, but when you get down to it, if you are having to re-load, you've probably lost anyway.

My H&R .22 revolver is a NINE shot.

I wouldn't have to reload ! GGG

Well, and the clip for our 9 mm I think is a ten? shot.

We haven't made it out back or to a shooting range to fire it yet.

Farming, too busy... @@

I just picked up a glock 27, its a 9 + 1

Have not shot it yet, but we are heading out sunday to shoot up some targets.

I think I will bring along a few other guns/rifles and have some fun.

I am looking for one of these below, a Kel Tec Sub

Archived