THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns and Bills are Talking to Rams about Moving Up for the 33rd Pick

alporcini

If we trade into that top spot, we are taking a QB.

I say stay put and if anything, acquire another pick today, but don't give up anything to move op from 38th.

I agree.

I think at the 34 spot, Minnesota is taking a QB if the one they like is still on the table. So the only option, if we want one of the top remaining QBs, is to jump ahead of Minnesota and snag one. We've got a lot of flexibility in the 3rd round. It's not out of the question that we could trade our #71 and our 2nd rounder for the Rams 2nd rounder and maybe another 4th or 5th. That's if they really like McCoy or Clausen though. If they managed to package 2x 3rd rounders for a 2nd rounder, that would be amazing.

Should be fun to watch.

Cleveland Browns have not called Rams about trading up to No. 33 in NFL Draft 2010, league source says

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

April 23, 2010, 3:23PM

Joshua Gunter/ The Plain Dealer

A league source denies that the Browns have tried to trade up to No. 1 with the Rams today. CLEVELAND -- The Browns have not called the Rams about trading up to the first pick in today's second round despite a report on ESPN that they have, a league source said.

The Browns have the sixth pick today -- No. 38 overall pick -- and the Rams have the No. 33 pick. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Browns and Bills, who have the 41st pick, have called the Rams about trading up. Speculation was that the teams wanted to get one of the two big-name quarterbacks still available, Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy. ESPN's Michael Smith, who's been reporting from Cleveland and has been in contact with Browns President Mike Holmgren, says the Browns will not move up to No. 33 to take Clausen. Smith speculates the Browns might be looking at an offensive lineman at No. 38.

Cleveland Browns have not called Rams about trading up to No. 33 in NFL Draft 2010, league source says

By Mary Kay Cabot ........

I was expecting this media release ... I believe we still want to field all offers, even moving down a few notches if we can gain another pick today.

ESPN's Michael Smith, who's been reporting from Cleveland and has been in contact with Browns President Mike Holmgren, says the Browns will not move up to No. 33 to take Clausen. Smith speculates the Browns might be looking at an offensive lineman at No. 38.

I cant argue if Saffold falls to us. We are not going anywhere this year. Everyone knows we are built to run so might as well have a line to run. Saffold is the top rated RT.

Archived