THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Draft picks today (SATURDAY)

ATENEARS

Very nice! I thought WR was a position to target in free agency since we already have some raw talent that needs developing, but you can't argue with this pick.

I love this pick. This guy can play! I thought we might take him at 160 when Cooper went off the board right in front of us to Philly.

And Lafevour off the board and Pike is still sitting and waiting.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns just drafted Carlton Mitchell. I'm a USF Alumn (duh, the name) and I think this is a great pick. Yes, i am a little bias, but he's quick and can definitely develop into a good slot receiver.

I'm very happy with this draft thus far!

Lets see, HADEN THEBEST CB IN THE DRAFT

You wanted Mays who is way overrated, Ward a little reach but is better than Mays

Oh and that running back that you have no clue about is a monster!!!! Tenn had no o-line and no QB and still was a monster in the SEC

Colt- Great Pick

O-linemen is wait and see....you never know about the o-line....

Just because we didnt get thesexy picks everybody likes does not mean is was a bad draft....

Let me guess you wanted the Browns to take

The Browns tryed to trade down, but its not as easy as you think. Sorry the Browns did not get Suh,Spiller,Clauson, Tate, Brante I guess then it would have been a great draft

The problem isn't so much who we picked as much as where we picked them.

And Ward is better then Mays, really?

I admit I don't know a ton about Ward only what I have read, and I have only seen highlights of him ... which obviously are just that highlights so you are only going to see his better plays over his body of work. It's nice that he is saying all the right things right now, but the thing that doesn't excite me is his injury history

since i'm not familiar with Ward OR Asante can someone help me out with which is projected to be the FS and SS?

Ward has played both FS and SS during his career at Oregon. He also played a little CB do to injuries at that position. He was 2nd team All- PAC 10 last year. Do to his size I prefer him at FS in the NFL. However, the Ducks used him a lot at SS playing in the box. He is a hitter.

Ward has played both FS and SS during his career at Oregon. He also played a little CB do to injuries at that position. He was 2nd team All- PAC 10 last year. Do to his size I prefer him at FS in the NFL. However, the Ducks used him a lot at SS playing in the box. He is a hitter.
like Lauvao, Ward sounds like he has a lot of versatility built in.

although S.A.T (smart, athletic, tough) gets all the pub, EM is really big on multi-taskers too.

it seems my original question of "who's who" may not be so easily answered.

The problem isn't so much who we picked as much as where we picked them.

And Ward is better then Mays, really?

I admit I don't know a ton about Ward only what I have read, and I have only seen highlights of him ... which obviously are just that highlights so you are only going to see his better plays over his body of work. It's nice that he is saying all the right things right now, but the thing that doesn't excite me is his injury history

With the exception of McCoy, it looks like they followed their board all the way through. Gotta be happy with that. Teams take who they want when they want them. The first round is really the only round you don't take chances in. *cough* Broncos suck *cough*

With the exception of McCoy, it looks like they followed their board all the way through. Gotta be happy with that. Teams take who they want when they want them. The first round is really the only round you don't take chances in. *cough* Broncos suck *cough*

1. CB

2. Safety

2. RB

3. OL

3. QB

5. Safety

6. WR

6. DE

It looks like to me they drafted more for need than BPA. Every position they said they wanted to address they addressed. I highly dought the BPA just happend to be the position we needed at every pick. Even with that said though I really like how our draft turned out

1. CB

2. Safety

2. RB

3. OL

3. QB

5. Safety

6. WR

6. DE

It looks like to me they drafted more for need than BPA. Every position they said they wanted to address they addressed. I highly dought the BPA just happend to be the position we needed at every pick. Even with that said though I really like how our draft turned out

Yea from all the talk of Heckert and Holmgren about picking the BPA, I didnt think we stuck to that plan and left a lot of really good talent on the board and reached esp in the 2nd round.. I wonder how much of a hand Mangini had in the picks, I think he had more of a say than Holmgren which scares the hell out of me.. look here: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/91994094.html

Yea from all the talk of Heckert and Holmgren about picking the BPA, I didnt think we stuck to that plan and left a lot of really good talent on the board and reached esp in the 2nd round.. I wonder how much of a hand Mangini had in the picks, I think he had more of a say than Holmgren which scares the hell out of me.. look here: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/91994094.html

Well, Mangini is the Head Coach. Holmgren is not. They don't pay Mangini to sit and twittle his thumbs.

Love our draft!

Filled the major holes with kids that can play and all were high character, hard workers and smart. Love the Hardesty and McCoy picks. The project type picks (OL-WR-DE) look like they have good skills and some upside. The secondary should be much, much better once these guys get accustomed to the NFL. I give the draft a B+...easily.

Well, Mangini is the Head Coach. Holmgren is not. They don't pay Mangini to sit and twittle his thumbs.

Funny thing is throughout the entire draft I maybe heard Mangini's name once when all the analysts were talking. It's like Mangini isn't even there and a whole bunch of Holmgren this and Holmgren that....who is the coach? lol

Funny thing is throughout the entire draft I maybe heard Mangini's name once when all the analysts were talking. It's like Mangini isn't even there and a whole bunch of Holmgren this and Holmgren that....who is the coach? lol

CB and Safety with the first two picks ... you tell me who the Coach is.

Mangini was secondary coach when the Patriots won their first two Super bowls. He drafted "Revis Island" in New York (although people seem to want to credit Rex Ryan for that defensive talent) and now he completely overhauled our secondary in one day with a shut-down corner and a lights-out safety.

Zombo

--better hope Ben isn't a litte rusty on his first game back or you'll be real familiar with the back of their jerseys.

Whining already? Pitiful.

We got a probable All-pro blue chippie cb, a safety who admires the play of Jack Tatum and Pollymoomoo and cleans

wr's clocks in a New York tenth of a second, a rb that kicks ass and is big and FAST and an excellent receiver, and a

big OG who played all along the offensive line and never missed a game and is powerful, durable, smart and kicks ass...

and anybody thinks that's a bad draft?

THEN you add the tense, sweating it out and you nab one of the greatest winningest qb's in college history, who is

smart, very mobile, can make all the throws, completed 70% of his passes in college, and LOVES football, like the rest of the draft picks?

and all high character guys?

Give it up - the Browns FINALLY have the coaches and F.O. in place who KNOW what they are doing, and they have

built winners before.

I'm with the Browns. I'm not with whiners. I love the picks.

Well said.

This draft may not look glamorous to some, but I am elated with it. Seems to me we got some PLAYERS! Players who will have a positive effect on those who play around them. Watch & see.

Mike

That doesn't sound like a 'Mangini' guy to me?

Me neither. I'm confused by the pick.

The only thing I can think of is that his uncle plays DE for the Bengals, and had a fumble return against us last year. Or he caused the fumble that was returned for a TD. Something along those lines.

Maybe they drafted Clifton so he can do the same to them?

Heckert is really making the calls.

In the later rounds, you can take a flyer on a guy who might have some red flags.....if he changes, great....if not, it hasn't crippled the team

Plus, look at the coach he models himself after. You HAVE to be able to coach everyone and sometimes , there are players out there in which you should take a risk on. I'm hopeful Mangini as a coach, can grow to take that aspect of things on. (knowing when to take a chance on a kid, player, despite SOME potential character flaws)

You almost have to.....everybody has some flaw, even if you are Tebow who is pretty darn clean and that is characterized as a character flaw. He would be downgraded if it was found out he ever touched his girlfriends breasts in more than a accidental way.

In the end, go with players who can help you win and not totally screw you with the other stuff.

1. CB

2. Safety

2. RB

3. OL

3. QB

5. Safety

6. WR

6. DE

Hardesty had to be the BPA.....That was not a position of need....At least not compared to the Dline, RT and WR position.

Even at safety you still had one of your guys there in Burnett.

Unless Heckert thinks Davis is not going to be here and has doubts about Hillis. I love Peyton Hillis and think he could be the perfect back for the weather in Cleveland.

They said they wanted to get deeper at RB in the draft, Hardesty was probably the last RB left that they really like so they moved up and got him. I dont think he was the BPA on there board as much as the last RB left they liked. Heckert touched on that in one of his presser's about moving up if there's only one or two guys that they really liked left at a certain position of need.

here's were he talks about it at 48:25 http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cente...b7-0437ddc4f9c5

Archived