THE BROWNS BOARD

Instructions on Colt McCoy

Zombo

Listen, I really like this guy ... so don't ruin it for me and the rest of us hardnosed old-school Browns fans.

Guys that were wearing construction hats and pelting dawg biscuits while the women were singing "Bernie Bernie".

We liked Bernie Kosar because he won football games. We liked Brian Sipe because he won football games.

Everyone else this side of Frank Ryan has sucked ... because they didn't win enough football games.

See, I liked Brady Quinn when we drafted him too. But by the end of his rookie year he was wearing on me, and before his third year I was already ready to see him go ...why? because he was a bad guy? No ... because Shep and those fems over at Barking Tard ruined him for me.

They made him gay. I don't want a gay QB.

I want a tough Texas hunter/fisherman down & dirty SOB.

We just got one. If you guys ruin him for me I'm going to punch every one of you.

So before we splinter off in to Colt's Queers and the Delhommo's ... let's set some ground rules.

1. Don't whine for Colt. He's a third round pick. He's not ready. He's not going to take us to the Super Bowl this year. He CAN learn from watching. Delhomme and Wallace have experience, and if we start winning with one of them then just accept it. And if Jake throws two interceptions in the first game and someone call for "Colt" ... I'm going to punch them

2. If there are any pictures of him out there of him grabbing other guy's crotches, dressed like a Village Person, or simulating fellatio ... We petition H & H to trade him and never speak of him again.

3. I don't know if he's considered good-looking or not, but the first non-chick to comment on his looks gets punched twice and banned.

4. He's not the saviour. He's a guy who might turn out to be a good QB. We are going to run, we are going to play tough defense, we are going to let Jake and our coaching staff teach our young WRs how to play the game at this level. I have been saying this for a decade: WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION WHEN WE HAVE A BETTER DEFENSE THAN THE RAVENS AND STEELERS AND NOT BEFORE. This isn't the NFC West. You have to out-bully the bullies to win this division. No QB is the saviour. He's just a guy that is learning a postition. First time we give up 20 or more points this year and someone blames the QB for the loss and cries for Colt ... they get punched.

5. No Cliques. Support the guy under center. You are certainly entitled to an opinion that one QB is better than the other ... but if you make it your life's mission ... you are gay. If there is a Colt Faction they will be jettisoned off to start their own website just like the Quinn Faction. If you are one of the guys that cheered when Anderson got hurt .. you are gay. If a guy is not raping chicks in bathrooms or throwing his glass at his date ... he's probably a good dude who's trying hard for the team. Yes, I'm talking to you, future Jake Haters. If he sucks in the first game and you are ready for the "Colt Era" because we have "nothing to lose" ... punched in the throat.

Zombo

--Now let's start kicking some Steeler ass

Agreed. I hope we don't see him (except for preseason) for a year or two. We are going to pound the rock this year! If Delhomme doesn't work out then let Wallace play but groom McCoy properly! Speaking of pounding the rock, what do we know about this RB from Tenn that we drafted in the second? Rumor has it he has a bad knee. I wish we had waited for Dwyer, but in Homgert I trust.

Congrats, ZOMBO ! ROF,LMAO ! That has to be post of the year, and then some ! LOL

But I win, because I already put down my donut and my coffee before reading it.

I've learned my lesson.

The rb fron Tenn doesn't have a bad knee, he's just been injured here and there. Colt and Sam

have been injured here and there.

The Browns are drafting kick-ass FOOTBALL PLAYERS who love the game, will be great teammates,

and like Ward is quoting as saying: "take no prisoners".

The Browns have a philosophy about the KIND of guys they want on this team.

We have a kickass blue chippy shutdown cb, a kickass s safety, a kickass qb who is a bigtime winner on and off the field, and a short, kickass OG, who knows how to play each position on his college's oline.

I haven't read where anybody called Dwyer a kickass rb, so we're good.

Surprising draft, and how can we complain? This FO KNOWS what they hell they are doing.

Ah, what a breath of fresh air.

At least until somebody(ies) ruin Colt for Zombo, and we have to watch Zombo kickass. GGGG

Listen, I really like this guy ... so don't ruin it for me and the rest of us hardnosed old-school Browns fans.

Guys that were wearing construction hats and pelting dawg biscuits while the women were singing "Bernie Bernie".

We liked Bernie Kosar because he won football games. We liked Brian Sipe because he won football games.

Everyone else this side of Frank Ryan has sucked ... because they didn't win enough football games.

See, I liked Brady Quinn when we drafted him too. But by the end of his rookie year he was wearing on me, and before his third year I was already ready to see him go ...why? because he was a bad guy? No ... because Shep and those fems over at Barking Tard ruined him for me.

They made him gay. I don't want a gay QB.

I want a tough Texas hunter/fisherman down & dirty SOB.

We just got one. If you guys ruin him for me I'm going to punch every one of you.

So before we splinter off in to Colt's Queers and the Delhommo's ... let's set some ground rules.

1. Don't whine for Colt. He's a third round pick. He's not ready. He's not going to take us to the Super Bowl this year. He CAN learn from watching. Delhomme and Wallace have experience, and if we start winning with one of them then just accept it. And if Jake throws two interceptions in the first game and someone call for "Colt" ... I'm going to punch them

2. If there are any pictures of him out there of him grabbing other guy's crotches, dressed like a Village Person, or simulating fellatio ... We petition H & H to trade him and never speak of him again.

3. I don't know if he's considered good-looking or not, but the first non-chick to comment on his looks gets punched twice and banned.

4. He's not the saviour. He's a guy who might turn out to be a good QB. We are going to run, we are going to play tough defense, we are going to let Jake and our coaching staff teach our young WRs how to play the game at this level. I have been saying this for a decade: WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION WHEN WE HAVE A BETTER DEFENSE THAN THE RAVENS AND STEELERS AND NOT BEFORE. This isn't the NFC West. You have to out-bully the bullies to win this division. No QB is the saviour. He's just a guy that is learning a postition. First time we give up 20 or more points this year and someone blames the QB for the loss and cries for Colt ... they get punched.

5. No Cliques. Support the guy under center. You are certainly entitled to an opinion that one QB is better than the other ... but if you make it your life's mission ... you are gay. If there is a Colt Faction they will be jettisoned off to start their own website just like the Quinn Faction. If you are one of the guys that cheered when Anderson got hurt .. you are gay. If a guy is not raping chicks in bathrooms or throwing his glass at his date ... he's probably a good dude who's trying hard for the team. Yes, I'm talking to you, future Jake Haters. If he sucks in the first game and you are ready for the "Colt Era" because we have "nothing to lose" ... punched in the throat.

Zombo

Outstanding post!!! simply OUTSTANDING! I could not agree more!

Congrats, ZOMBO ! ROF,LMAO ! That has to be post of the year, and then some ! LOL

But I win, because I already put down my donut and my coffee before reading it.

I've learned my lesson.

The rb fron Tenn doesn't have a bad knee, he's just been injured here and there. Colt and Sam

have been injured here and there.

The Browns are drafting kick-ass FOOTBALL PLAYERS who love the game, will be great teammates,

and like Ward is quoting as saying: "take no prisoners".

The Browns have a philosophy about the KIND of guys they want on this team.

We have a kickass blue chippy shutdown cb, a kickass s safety, a kickass qb who is a bigtime winner on and off the field, and a short, kickass OG, who knows how to play each position on his college's oline.

I haven't read where anybody called Dwyer a kickass rb, so we're good.

Surprising draft, and how can we complain? This FO KNOWS what they hell they are doing.

Ah, what a breath of fresh air.

At least until somebody(ies) ruin Colt for Zombo, and we have to watch Zombo kickass. GGGG

This was a pretty good thread until you posted.

Nice post zombo!

I also like colt he is the real McCoy and under holmgrens guidance and directives to mangini/daboll on how to "properly" groom a QB i think we have our guy for the future and the future isnt as far away as some may think, colt has most of the tools but more importantly he has a nack about winning...its unbelievable that colt fell to us in the 3rd round..

As for BQ i still think he was shortchanged by every regime at every opportunity possible and unfortunately his ship has sailed and he may never be what he could have been...and while i believe most of it was because the way his contract was drawn up there is the possibility that perhaps the other regimes and the current one already knew something about him that we still officially dont?

Because the fact is he never got a legit shot and rip schearer butchered his mechanics along with his extreme body building which left him not looking so great on the field..

Yes, good post.

I'm excited about this draft, but we need to be realistic. For some unknown reason, our backup QBs seem to get more love from fans than the starter....let's end this BS, and support the BROWNS.

BTW, Trent Dilfer has predicted that Colt McCoy will be the first qb in this draft class to WIN a SUPER BOWL.

But listen to Zombo. Let's just have fun watching the Browns play smart, fast football for a change.

Zombo

--Now let's start kicking some Steeler ass[/b][/color]

Is it OK to mention that he is better looking than Clausen? You are the one that said that Clausen looks like a penis. And whether that is true or not, i did want to go on record to state that we've got a good looking group of QB's.

Holmgren won't rush him under center. They'll let Delhomme catch the beat down if a beating is to be received and you may very well have a solid QB on your hands. The problem with the QB situation in Cleveland over the last 10 years we'll say is they've all been counted on to produce right away. Confidence is wounded during the beatings a good many took and a prospect was lost. I can't see Holmgren mishandling Colt. No Guarantees he'll be worth a sh.it but if he has one intangible, something whether any of you want to admit it or not regarding Big Ben is the two of them are bonafide Winners. McCoy will work his ass off. It's just a matter of how all the other pieces fall in to place.

Oh and I still hate the Browns but you definitely had a decent draft. I'm not big on TJ Ward but Haden and McCoy are definitely nice pieces to a much large puzzle.

Is it OK to mention that he is better looking than Clausen? You are the one that said that Clausen looks like a penis. And whether that is true or not, i did want to go on record to state that we've got a good looking group of QB's.

I think it is ok to state that Clausen looks like a penis, but lets just leave it at that. McCoy is this John Wayne like cowboy that Zippy paints him to be.

The Hag wore spurs to bed tonight in Colts honor.

Zombo

LMAO!! We should just be grateful that we are not Broncos fans. Imagine having TWO "dreamy" QBs to fight over :)

Without a doubt, Claussen looks like a penis. And Delhomme, Wallace and McCoy do not.

Going forth, it is understood by all that our QB, regardless of who plays, does not look like a penis.

Zombo

--and Carolina's does

Wow, laying down the law look out, Zombo means business folks.

I couldn't be happier with the McCoy pick, I would have traded up mid first to get him. For him to fall into our lap like that could end up being one of the best franchise QB value picks there ever was, or he could just be a Wallace style backup that is a nice little player for awhile. Either way, a late third ain't gonna break the bank and it was awesome.

I'm pretty happy with this draft overall. We filled a ton of needs with immediate impact and grew exponentially. The secondary has been completely revamped with some hitters and attack style guys, which will allow for our defense to scheme much more aggressively. Ward was the BPA there, and the fact the team fielded calls from folks wanting to move up for him says it all. The kid is one of the best safeties in a real deep safety draft, and if it weren't for his injuries he was an easy first rounder. They also got Asante for depth and if Ward's injury issues continue they will have adequate help. This puts our secondary in a position to not have to play guys like Poteat, Cousin or Ralph Brown. Adams can still do his swing thing and Elam will need to step it up if he sticks around. Sheldon Brown can play the slot or revert to our three CB scheme that we play a lot where he plays more of a hybrid role. Haden should start immediately or at least be heavy in the rotation, while Wright hangs onto his number one CB responsibilities for another year or so. Very pleased with the additions of Brown, Ward and Asante this offseason and now BMac can relax a little.

It took me a minute to get wrapped around the Hardesty pick, as I just didn't see the immediate need. However, the kid is a poor man's Beannie Wells with more overall NFL ready game. He's got the good size, quicks and speed needed for our division. A one cut guy with good spin moves and ability to fall forward for extra yards. Plus, he can catch it and block it. This provides us with a very deep backfield and quite possibly someone good is going to be left on the outside looking in. I think they will get the Vickers thing settled, so assuming they do we need to keep 5 backs. With Hillis being a valuable swing man who can play H-Back style in certain sets, he is a no brainer to keep. He can play tailback or fullback, and his hands make him really valuable plus he has decent wheels. Harrison will be the primary back with Hardesty getting enough reps to keep Harrison fresh. The odd man out could be Davis, who last year everybody had a chubby for before his shoulder injury. I don't like shoulder injuries on backs, so it's possible he could be the odd man out. He will get swiped off the practice squad, so I think they should just keep all 5 backs. It usually comes down to whether or not we keep one or two FB's, so given Hillis and his versatility and the upside of Davis, I say keep them all.

The McCoy pick gives us a chance to let him sit, get bigger and stronger, learn the hybrid WCO power system being implemented and a chance to learn from a real mentor in Delhomme and Wallace, unlike DA being over Quinn. Ratliff will come to camp and then be the odd man out unless he's packaged in a trade (which is possible we may move some vets to gain 2011 picks ie DQJ)

Lauvao is a key guy in this draft. We can't afford to miss on this kid like Phillip did with I Suck Sowells, who was a soft candy ass. Lauvao brings serious versatility from playing LT in college to being converted to the interior line. He needs a little refinement and coaching but he is very strong and athletic, so this should be a great no name value pick. He is already in the 6 man rotation according to Mangie, but he could potentially start at RG. Our running game is going to kill it this year regardless if he gets much time, but he is a serious road grader. Poke Chop will be more than adequate at RG but I still worry about Pashos at RT. Wait and see approach with him.

Carlton Mitchell was ranked ahead of such guys as Shipley, Cooper, Gilyard and Ford by NFL.com and Kiper had him round 3 material. He has major upside but beware of a Glue Hands Hubbard type. The knock on him is dropped balls and body catching but he is a good kid who works hard. Definitely may need a redshirt year while Robo, MoMass and Stuckey come into their own. I expect the receiver corps to make good leaps this year with a better and sustained offense. Delhomme will help in their growth quite a bit, so while we may not have landed a Golden Tate type I think we are in decent enough shape there. Mangie and Heckert have both said they really like Robo and he should break out this year. By year three these two guys should be very well rounded WR's in the league.

Clifton Geathers is a project, but a bigass one. He is a mamoth two gap 3/4 end with a lot of upside, especially after Bryan Cox gets a hold of him. He has some character flags after getting arrested and beat down by cops, but could be very intriguing coming out a year early. We didn't address D Line like needed, but we can get by another year here. The age is catching up with guys like Coleman and Robaire. Rogers will miss some games but we have good depth with Rubin, Mosely and Shaefering.

This team has made dramatic strides this year and I expect to compete. They will be able to run the ball and now we have QB's that can complete a swing pass. The defense was already way improved over the course of last season so the new additions to go along with our deep backer corps should make a big difference. Control the ball on offense while moving the chains, get off the field on defense, dominate special teams and you can win football games. The WCO/NCO hybrid has another year to come together and hopefully if there is no strike in 2011 McCoy can step in and play. It's also nice to know we have a good backup in Wallace.

Outstanding Zombo...

Can I offer one correction/addition?

Colt McCoy did play under center (I'm guessing around) 40% of the time his first two years at Texas. It's not like he's never done it. They were all set to get back to under-center QBing after Vince Young but realized that this kid was so athletic that he could run that offense and it took advantage of that athleticism.

I'm trying to think of McCoy in situations that killed us last year. I keep thinking of hot route throws that were behind receivers or screen passes that were wide open. I think that McCoy makes a lot of those throws. Look at the throw that beat OSU in the Fiesta Bowl in 2009.

Like I said in another thread, I was very worried about a collegiate favorite of mine being on a pro team that I root for (don't want the reverence shattered....) but at this price (a 3rd rounder) I think it's a steal and as good a project as any. Make no mistake, we may take another QB in 2011 or 2012 because that's what Holmgren does. We won't put all the eggs in one basket and not buy any other baskets.

Don't underestimate the Colt. He's made a career out of proving everybody wrong.

Carlton Mitchell intrigues me. Big wideout with the rap on him being body catching & drops....Sound like Braylon? Maybe, but the difference is this kids work ethic, plus he KNOWS what the rap is & WHERE he was drafted. He has something to work toward & prove, unlike "I'm a 1st round pick" headcase Braylon. My bet is that, in 2-3 years, Mitchell's stats will blow Braylon's away. He just seems like a tougher kid who doesn't hear footsteps (a big leg up over Braylon IMHO).

With some work, he could be a good one & a real bargain.

Mike

[q]The McCoy pick gives us a chance to let him sit, get bigger and stronger, learn the hybrid WCO power system being implemented and a chance to learn from a real mentor in Delhomme and Wallace, unlike DA being over Quinn. Ratliff will come to camp and then be the odd man out unless he's packaged in a trade (which is possible we may move some vets to gain 2011 picks ie DQJ)[/q]

Probably so, but I wouldn't rule out us keeping 4 qbs this year if Ratliff looks pretty solid and we can't find a trade deal.

We have been told Colt isn't going to play this year, so they may want to make sure of that and bury him behind 3 other guys.

I think at this point with the flux of the team that will continue in to next season the team might not decide to just go with one less player at another position/unit.

No doubt it isn't traditional, but stranger things have happened.

I think it could be done in such a way it wouldn't put the team at a gross competitive disadvantage.

Archived