THE BROWNS BOARD

The Difference a Year Makes

Earl34

We can debate each of the picks. We can question the alternatives but I can't help but reflect that the sum-total of these guys is considerably better than it was 12-14 months ago. It's looking like a tougher team with more attitude and frankly, more speed and talent.

Thoughts? What do you like about what we have now that wasn't there before?

Personally, I like the secondary upgrade. I like the QBs (compared to last year). I like the right side of the OL a lot more.

I like that we actually went into the draft and took guys that fit the Mangini mold. I also like that we drafted to help a big weakness of our team; the secondary.

I like how we cut away all the "fat" from this team. I like that this team has a coach that cares about discipline instead of the "let's be best friends" coach.

I really like that at during those last 4 games this team didn't give up and pack it in like they could have. They fought and ruined the playoff chances of our rivals while whooping the shit out of the Raiders, the Chiefs and the Jags.

Most importantly, even if it doesn't turn out EXACTLY how we hope it does, I'm glad that our front office finally has a direction in mind.

I LOVE how the Browns made their OWN list of players they wanted, and didn't use the most recent draft magazine

like previous coaches/FO Browns people must have done.

their list really worked for them, and I love the picks. Carlton Mitchell has the work ethic to develop Jerry Rice style,

as compared to guys like Braylon Edwards, who had all the talent in the world, but without the heart, and with excuses for

everything.

I'd like to know more about that DE at the end.... he must be a basically good guy for the Browns to pick him. What trouble was he in again?

I LOVE how the Browns made their OWN list of players they wanted, and didn't use the most recent draft magazine

their list really worked for them, and I love the picks. Carlton Mitchell has the work ethic to develop Jerry Rice style,

as compared to guys like Braylon Edwards, who had all the talent in the world, but without the heart, and with excuses for

everything.

I'd like to know more about that DE at the end.... he must be a basically good guy for the Browns to pick him. What trouble was he in again?

good point, Cal... I like to save old issues of The Sporting News just to go back and look at their player evaluations... this year Ward wasn't even in their top 10 safeties... but then I went back and found the issue where William Green was their #1 rated back in the entire draft, with his own highlighted profile called him a sure-fire star! LOL

everything.

He got in a couple bar fights in Columbia. I'm scratching my head on this one. This guy took plays off, was constantly hurt, and was in trouble a lot.

He got in a couple bar fights in Columbia. I'm scratching my head on this one. This guy took plays off, was constantly hurt, and was in trouble a lot.

Late in the draft is the perfect time to grab a boom or bust player.

I am far from the same person I was when I was 22....the law might say a person is grown up at 18 or 21.....but it doesn't work that way.

In reality, a person probably isn't grown up until they are around 35....I would say I am about the same as I was then minus the fat, gray hair, thinning hair, and wrinkles.

The point is that just because a guy plays football doesn't exempt him from making the typical mistakes any other 22 year old will make.

People mature at different rates. Maybe he is now ready to make some progress in this thing called life.

You don't just toss talent aside....any talent, just because he thumped someone on the side of the head

We can debate each of the picks. We can question the alternatives but I can't help but reflect that the sum-total of these guys is considerably better than it was 12-14 months ago. It's looking like a tougher team with more attitude and frankly, more speed and talent.

Thoughts? What do you like about what we have now that wasn't there before?

Personally, I like the secondary upgrade. I like the QBs (compared to last year). I like the right side of the OL a lot more.

We suffered through sewage and mind boggling ideology for more than 10 years ......it is refreshing that thought has come back to Browns Town...........it will take a while for fans to get after being fed garbage for years

He had 36 sacks in 2009. . He registered 8.5 tackles-for-loss, including 3.5 quarterback sacks last year too at South Carolina. He recovered 1 fumble and forced 2 others. With talent like that you take a shot. You don't have to pay him much. And I don't know how many plays he could have taken off and still put up numbers like that.

Archived