THE BROWNS BOARD

Graham Harell

ColtMcCouch

I don't understand the response, I'm just checking to see if the Browns have QB Graham Harrell in camp. Why does this result in strange responses?

Maybe it is your screen name?

Maybe it is because we are wary that Colt McCoy will be like Harrell....one of those Big 12/Southwest QBs that put up all kinds of big numbers in the pinball football that they sometimes play in that conference but which does not translate to the NFL. I mean from Andre Ware to Eric Crouch to Jason White to Harrell etc. etc. etc.

Let's ask this question: Who was the last decent NFL QB to come out of the Big 12 or the Texas/Oklahoma area.

I mean, I can't think of any since Bobby Layne and Sammy Baugh. Bradford may have been picked #1, but he hasn't proven a thing

Can any of you think of one?

OK, I have done some research on why it is probably appropriate to be skeptical somewhat of Colt McCoy/Sam Bradford.

Of the 50 active leading passers in the NFL today, the Big 12 and or the state of Texas schools have produced only the following: (this is in terms of career completions):

#33 Josh McCown SMU

#34 Vince Young Texas

#47 Seneca Wallace Iowa St.

#50 Chris Simms Texas

(other than Young now, none are starters)

That is it for the entire Big 12 in the NFL today.

Compare to say the Big 10, which is not a big QB league, really which has:

#3 Kerry Collins Penn State

#6 Drew Brees Purdue

#7 Tom Brady Michigan

#27 Kyle Orton Purdue

(only a few, but top flight, though Collins may be on verge of retirement)

Hell, for that matter, compare the Mid American conference:

#11 Daunte Culpepper Central Florida (MAC school when he played)

#13 Chad Pennington Marshall (MAC when he played)

#17 Ben Roethlisberger Miami

#26 Byron Leftwich Marshall (MAC when he played)

#29 Charlie Batch Eastern Michigan

#42 Charlie Frye Akron

(don't forget that Josh Cribbs was a MAC QB)

Other conferences like the SEC, Pac 10, ACC, and Big East have a lot more QBs in the top 50 than the Big 12.

So, it is justified to be a little skeptical of these Big 12 guys.

Its not the horrible attempt at an insult that annoys me, its the stupidity. Colt McCouch asking about graham harrell?.. i mean cmon buddy.

Colt McCoy is not like Couch and he is not like bradford either for that matter. The teams that selected them were complete garbage and they have/had the job of being the savior. Quite honestly, so what if Colt McCoy doesnt work out... he was a late third round pick. Hes not expected to be the quarterback to lead a team to the superbowl, but he might have the ability to. If it doesnt work out, oh well, if it does, Holmgren will be a quarterback god...isnt he already?

Colt McCouch sounds like a spineless piece 0' crap though. You have that name and still wonder why the strange answer. At least fess up..

Just wondering if Harrell is back at Browns camp this season. Thanks Browns fans.

Colt McCouch sounds like a spineless piece 0' crap though. You have that name and still wonder why the strange answer. At least fess up..

i don't see anything spineless about him based on a question, he asked a legitimate question. the fact that you have such a strong reaction to only the name he chose is really sad

i don't see anything spineless about him based on a question, he asked a legitimate question. the fact that you have such a strong reaction to only the name he chose is really sad

It's the name, I thought he was a troll as well.

Wheres he at?... I see that was his first post. No, nothing suspicious Alendor, lets cater to other towns fans who try to mock us.

Im not making a big deal, I just kinda of put one and two together... It was more like thought out sentences rather than a strong reaction.

well him being at browns camp was the last time harrell was really seen. so i could see how someone would end up at a browns board if they are trying to search for any news on him

if it was an attempt mock us it was so poor that it shouldn't have earned the right for you to even respond. theres nothing insulting about us giving an undrafted QB a shot in open tryouts, and then showing him the door when he wasn't any good. its even more pathetic if someone tries to use that as an insult. hence the benefit of the doubt

well him being at browns camp was the last time harrell was really seen. so i could see how someone would end up at a browns board if they are trying to search for any news on him

if it was an attempt mock us it was so poor that it shouldn't have earned the right for you to even respond. theres nothing insulting about us giving an undrafted QB a shot in open tryouts, and then showing him the door when he wasn't any good. its even more pathetic if someone tries to use that as an insult. hence the benefit of the doubt

You're missing the point man. I took too many dips with this already, im out

Its not the horrible attempt at an insult that annoys me, its the stupidity. Colt McCouch asking about graham harrell?.. i mean cmon buddy.

Colt McCoy is not like Couch and he is not like bradford either for that matter. The teams that selected them were complete garbage and they have/had the job of being the savior. Quite honestly, so what if Colt McCoy doesnt work out... he was a late third round pick. Hes not expected to be the quarterback to lead a team to the superbowl, but he might have the ability to. If it doesnt work out, oh well, if it does, Holmgren will be a quarterback god...isnt he already?

Actually, my belief is that if Colt McCoy is like Tim Couch he would be a pretty good QB. If TC had around him in terms of an O Line that McCoy could have around him with the likes of Joe Thomas/Steinbach/Mack TC would have had a much more profound career.

Actually, my belief is that if Colt McCoy is like Tim Couch he would be a pretty good QB. If TC had around him in terms of an O Line that McCoy could have around him with the likes of Joe Thomas/Steinbach/Mack TC would have had a much more profound career.

I agree, but like many young, good QB's, when they get beat up over and over, they end up getting ruined.

If TC was drafted, by say, the Ravens or Pittsburgh, he'd be an all pro right now.

I also agree. Tim Couch is still the best QB we've had on this team since 1999. It wasn't his fault that we picked him #1 overall. Had he been say, a second round pick fans here would have had different expectations. I recall him throwing a couple hail marys and leading the Browns to several late come from behind victories in the (2003?) 9-7 playoff season only to get hurt and have Holcomb start the infamous playoff game against Pitts. That was the year the QB controversies began and never really ended although the names have changed.

You're missing the point man. I took too many dips with this already, im out

I guess I'm missing the point, too. Am I a troll because my name references Tim Couch?

I think the Colt McCouch name is decently funny. Couch was a hell of a QB in college, and would have been a hell of a pro if we'd of had an offensive line.

Archived