THE BROWNS BOARD

What global warming? Al Gore buys ocean front palace

calfoxwc

This Gore residence doesn't sound very green to me, either.

I guess he needs some place to go to hide from the truth about

bogus, end of the world global warming. Although, in Montecito, he can

probably boast that they keep their heat on 66 degrees... @@

And all the global warming supporters went "peep peep peep"

http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm...0,4103538.story

Al Gore, Tipper Gore snap up Montecito-area villa

The Italian-style home has an ocean view, fountains, six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.

Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times

April 28, 2010 | 4:24 p.m.

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a Montecito-area property to their real estate holdings, reports the Montecito Journal.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on an ocean-view villa on 1.5 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, a real estate source familiar with the deal confirms. The Italian-style house has six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.

I think his Nobel prize is a joke. He just used a bunch of scare tactics to say global warming is real and it's happening today. I think it's happening, but I don't think that Florida will be under water in 50 years, that just sounds like horseshit to me. Even if we did reduce our consumption, though, the Chinese and the Indians wouldn't, so really, we're going nowhere, and it's a waste of resources to dedicate too much effort into this. However, it's not a bad thing to become greener, I'd love more than anything for us to get weaned off of fossil fuels just due to the fact that peak oil is probably going to cause a big war.

I think his Nobel prize is a joke. He just used a bunch of scare tactics to say global warming is real and it's happening today. I think it's happening, but I don't think that Florida will be under water in 50 years, that just sounds like horseshit to me. Even if we did reduce our consumption, though, the Chinese and the Indians wouldn't, so really, we're going nowhere, and it's a waste of resources to dedicate too much effort into this. However, it's not a bad thing to become greener, I'd love more than anything for us to get weaned off of fossil fuels just due to the fact that peak oil is probably going to cause a big war.

Pragmatism will get you nowhere - in politics, at least.

You have to be on Team A or Team B. And don't EVER support the other team.

the BEST bet for slowing down the use of oils lies with the private sector creating a profitable alternative both in terms of Manufacturing and personal consumption.......

He wins a Nobel and than makes a carbon print the size of Texas from his personal choices....... Way to go. Leading by example has not exactly been a strength for politicians.

On first glance, I'd tend to agree. He should do a better job setting an example of green living.

But we also don't know anything about this house from this article other than the size and location and how much it cost. For all we know, it could be stocked with green features and return electricity to the grid. I'll reserve my criticism until I know more than what the two paragraph blog on the LA Times website told me.

And, of course, what Al Gore does with his housing decisions doesn't have anything to do with global warming anyway.

Philosophically, it does.

If he really thinks the oceans will flood the areas of the earth's shores in a few years...

why would he built this palace with an ocean view?

That would resemble putting his big house on the shores of the Mississippi river

before spring, eh?

I can't wait for volcanoes to be taxed for contributing to "global warming". @@

Archived