THE BROWNS BOARD

Limas Sweed out for season?

HaydenFox

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5156181

Limas Sweed taken off in cart from sundays practice and may be out for the year now! When it rains it pours in steel town! The nightmare offseason continues!

Yes we will mis his ONE Catch from Last season. Granted Santonio will hurt , but NOBODY is counting on anything from Limas. But I hope he returns to health quickly , Bad timing for him. Our WR Depth was going to be Ward and Wallace , Randel El , And Battles and the Rookie Sanders looking to be no. 4 and 5. Sweed was the Odd man out. Impressive physical skills yes , but Heart and Head ???

Yes we will mis his ONE Catch from Last season. Granted Santonio will hurt , but NOBODY is counting on anything from Limas. But I hope he returns to health quickly , Bad timing for him. Our WR Depth was going to be Ward and Wallace , Randel El , And Battles and the Rookie Sanders looking to be no. 4 and 5. Sweed was the Odd man out. Impressive physical skills yes , but Heart and Head ???

Supposedly his head was well in order. I don't believe it was anything to do with heart. He came in to the league and had a tough time of it. His injury was/is certainly a pretty big disappointment and while no one was counting on him to contribute this season plenty had hoped he would live up to his second round billing. If not for the injury I believe he would have so this is all very unfortunate. Achilles injuries are also a nightmare. If it's serious he's definitely down for the year. I just hope he can come back from it and that the Steelers don't give up on him.

Supposedly his head was well in order. I don't believe it was anything to do with heart. He came in to the league and had a tough time of it. His injury was/is certainly a pretty big disappointment and while no one was counting on him to contribute this season plenty had hoped he would live up to his second round billing. If not for the injury I believe he would have so this is all very unfortunate. Achilles injuries are also a nightmare. If it's serious he's definitely down for the year. I just hope he can come back from it and that the Steelers don't give up on him.

Blaaa with hope , he has had opportunity and has nothing to show for it. While I "Hope" he is healthy or at least Heals quickly , I dont have any real reason to expect him to become a top flight receiver at this point. Neither did anyone have anything more than "Hope" that he would be productive this year. I just read last week from Ed Bouchette that he was the "Odd man out" as far as the receiving corp was concerned. Tall fast and with great Ups , he was going to get one more shot for sure , but "Hope" is a great word for the Steelers thought process. By the way I defiantly think "Heart" is part of the Issue when your a well Paid Professional receiver and you cant dig deep enough to "Perform" on game day. I coach and if it were my player , i would have concerns over his "Heart". IMHO.

Honestly, sometimes it's just a mystery why very talented college players don't make it or translate well to the NFL. Sweed seems to be one of those. Goodness knows the Browns have had plenty.

(See. Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren)

Honestly, sometimes it's just a mystery why very talented college players don't make it or translate well to the NFL. Sweed seems to be one of those. Goodness knows the Browns have had plenty.

They get lazy and dont really care about riding the bench as long as that Ferrari is still parked outside. They know that no matter what they're still going to get paid so they quit trying. Im not sure if that's right or not but it's what I would put money on lol.

Contrary to what Freak is saying I really did believe he would come out this year. It was never released but I believe he had some family related issues which led to a possible bout with depression. Either way the kid could get open and his head was keeping the ball from staying in his hands. If not for this injury I truly feel he would have been awarded some nice playing time. I just hope the Steelers don't give up on him if the achilles injury is something he can come back from...I do know that it's one of the worst injuries you can have as a athlete so I hope he's alright enough to return. I guess we'll find out.

They get lazy and dont really care about riding the bench as long as that Ferrari is still parked outside. They know that no matter what they're still going to get paid so they quit trying. Im not sure if that's right or not but it's what I would put money on lol.

There is one hell of a difference between suffering a serious knee injury (Courtney Brown) and being a lazy slob (Gerard Warren). Everyone wants to jump on Brown, but as I recall, he was doing pretty well until suffering that knee injury. I can't get down on a guy for an injury happening, but def will in a case like Warren.

i agree.

the pro game is a whole other level, the successful players all seem to be the type who invest waaaay extra and want to be the best ever.

others lacking the drive, heart, and toughness still may have dominated easily in college. although they may look the part on paper they apparently become complacent and satisfied leaving college.

not all women with big tits are whores, and just because guys have the physical skill-set doesn't mean they bleed football either.

since the return in '99 our current regime of H3 and EM seems to have the best strategy so far at spotting "the chameleons" and the "football players".

Contrary to what Freak is saying I really did believe he would come out this year. It was never released but I believe he had some family related issues which led to a possible bout with depression. Either way the kid could get open and his head was keeping the ball from staying in his hands. If not for this injury I truly feel he would have been awarded some nice playing time. I just hope the Steelers don't give up on him if the achilles injury is something he can come back from...I do know that it's one of the worst injuries you can have as a athlete so I hope he's alright enough to return. I guess we'll find out.
in my experience you were pretty much alone on this and counting ghosts on paper Rorbot. my steeler pals considered his production as a pro in their Sweed analysis whereas you seem to still be considering his potential.

most people have stressful things going on in their lives and not being able to power through it for years makes him look pretty weak imo. unsubstantiated depression or not, Sweed was a paper tiger in the pros and you guys are basically a WR injury away from taking up residency at the bottom of the division. you just can't win NFL ball with one solid receiver and no running game. i'd say it's about time for SteelTown to start getting nervous.

in my experience you were pretty much alone on this and counting ghosts on paper Rorbot. my steeler pals considered his production as a pro in their Sweed analysis whereas you seem to still be considering his potential.

most people have stressful things going on in their lives and not being able to power through it for years makes him look pretty weak imo. unsubstantiated depression or not, Sweed was a paper tiger in the pros and you guys are basically a WR injury away from taking up residency at the bottom of the division. you just can't win NFL ball with one solid receiver and no running game. i'd say it's about time for SteelTown to start getting nervous.

Fringo believe me I'm not saying Sweed hasn't been a disappointment because he has been, but I felt he was going to emerge this off-season and a lot of people in the Pittsburgh fan base felt the same. We were all obviously pulling for him and this is just a kick in the balls. I feel bad for the guy. As far as our receivers are concerned I don't believe we're a injury away from a implosion. We have Hines, Wallace, Are, Battle and two rookies. We're definitely better off than more than a few teams. Wallace tore it up as a rookie with limited touches and Are is a savvy veteran that obviously knows the system. We then still have Heath Miller. I am confused on the "no run game" comment. We don't have a run game now? Mendenhall did rush for over 1200 yards in 14 games as a feature back and had several games with less than 20 carries. We upgraded the offensive line with Pouncey and Mendenhall is only now more experienced. Don't be surprised if he rushes for over 1600 yards and double digit TD's, ESPECIALLY if the F.O sticks by the "we're going back to smash mouth football" mentality. Why does everyone feel the Steelers are on injury away from being at the bottom of the division? Seriously.

i dunno, just that vibe i guess. the Browns run D is improved, the Ravens run D is what it is, and the Bengals D is on the rise. that's six games of the schedule he'll probably have some tough yards. in fact, if Mendenhall rushes for over 1,000 yards this season i'll be impressed.

i'll admit i was rooting for Limas. i didn't like that the Steelers picked him but i am a fan of receivers and wanted him to have a successful career regardless. maybe he'll write that amazing comeback that's been absent from the NFL for a few years. speaking of comebacks, Robaire Smith has had a nice comeback recently...

what did you guys do to bolster that pass protection? were they just that injured late or what cuz by the end of the season it looked like everyone was getting through on Ben?

i dunno, just that vibe i guess. the Browns run D is improved, the Ravens run D is what it is, and the Bengals D is on the rise. that's six games of the schedule he'll probably have some tough yards. in fact, if Mendenhall rushes for over 1,000 yards this season i'll be impressed.

i'll admit i was rooting for Limas. i didn't like that the Steelers picked him but i am a fan of receivers and wanted him to have a successful career regardless. maybe he'll write that amazing comeback that's been absent from the NFL for a few years. speaking of comebacks, Robaire Smith has had a nice comeback recently...

what did you guys do to bolster that pass protection? were they just that injured late or what cuz by the end of the season it looked like everyone was getting through on Ben?

They drafted Pouncey who starts immediately which improves the continuity of the entire offensive line. The Steelers had a bad run last year but the offensive line is far from poor and just by adding Pouncey I believe the line will be vastly improved. Mendnehall will 100% go over 1000 yards and it's a little delusional to believe otherwise. And how exactly is the Browns run d drastically improved? Shaun Rogers could go to jail, but who else did you add? The transplants like Fujita really aren't going to be a huge factor. Coleman is a drastic upgrade? I'm just being honest. As far as the Ratbirds are concerned what's to say Cody even plays significantly this year and when he does play he's a 2 down guy until he can get his weight in check. I just think people are putting the cart before the horse in Cleveland by assuming the Steelers are now for whatever reason on the way down and everyone else is quickly on the way up. A healthy Steeler team wins the division handily. Just a matter of staying healthy, aka keeping Troy on the field and guys like Aaron Smith.

They drafted Pouncey who starts immediately which improves the continuity of the entire offensive line. The Steelers had a bad run last year but the offensive line is far from poor and just by adding Pouncey I believe the line will be vastly improved. Mendnehall will 100% go over 1000 yards and it's a little delusional to believe otherwise. And how exactly is the Browns run d drastically improved? Shaun Rogers could go to jail, but who else did you add? The transplants like Fujita really aren't going to be a huge factor. Coleman is a drastic upgrade? I'm just being honest. As far as the Ratbirds are concerned what's to say Cody even plays significantly this year and when he does play he's a 2 down guy until he can get his weight in check. I just think people are putting the cart before the horse in Cleveland by assuming the Steelers are now for whatever reason on the way down and everyone else is quickly on the way up. A healthy Steeler team wins the division handily. Just a matter of staying healthy, aka keeping Troy on the field and guys like Aaron Smith.

Ok but Pouncey hasn't proved a thing so there goes that theroy. Just incase you dont remember Rodgers wasn't even playing when we started to play like a real team so that proves we dont need him. Once again you FAIL. Were you one of those kids who tried to dive in the shallow end as a child and developed a mild case of Retardation as a result of smacking your head off the concrete? Nothing you say makes any sense. It sounds like this, well even though pissburgh lost pretty bad last year were going to be good cause we got a unproven rookie named pouncey, but the Browns are going to blow even though they kicked our ass last season because they might lose a guy who wasn't even playing when they were on a winning streak. Fuking idiot. Stop huffing gas.

Mendnehall will 100% go over 1000 yards and it's a little delusional to believe otherwise.
we'll see. ^_^
And how exactly is the Browns run d drastically improved? Shaun Rogers could go to jail, but who else did you add? The transplants like Fujita really aren't going to be a huge factor. Coleman is a drastic upgrade? I'm just being honest.
we will definitely be improved as we didn't lose anyone, have added several pieces, and it's year 2 in Rob Ryan/Eric Mangini's scheme.

Coleman, Rubin, and Smith having a year together will be the most significant difference to the D line. Rogers is a better pass rusher and more of a detriment in run support from the nose position anyway. he could move to DE this year and spell Coleman depending on what happens with the gun charge. although it's a federal issue i still foresee a slap on the wrist.

thanks to even more off season moves we now have a competent stable of LBs. this will be their first year together for some but whoever emerges at the top will be a huge upgrade over what we've been fielding in the past.

Ok but Pouncey hasn't proved a thing so there goes that theroy. Just incase you dont remember Rodgers wasn't even playing when we started to play like a real team so that proves we dont need him. Once again you FAIL. Were you one of those kids who tried to dive in the shallow end as a child and developed a mild case of Retardation as a result of smacking your head off the concrete? Nothing you say makes any sense. It sounds like this, well even though pissburgh lost pretty bad last year were going to be good cause we got a unproven rookie named pouncey, but the Browns are going to blow even though they kicked our ass last season because they might lose a guy who wasn't even playing when they were on a winning streak. Fuking idiot. Stop huffing gas.

Christ. Actually no not just the addition of Pouncey but coming out of the draft many labeled him as someone that could start immediately. Obviously Pouncey isn't the solution but there isn't a REQUIRED solution seeing as the team is still TALENT LADEN. You do realize that the Steelers won two Super Bowls this decade correct? You also realize that a majority of those players are still on the roster? What are you missing exactly? The Steelers go 9-7 after a heinous losing streak and now Chicken little was signed to the roster? You need to give it a rest you blind ass fan boy. I at least look at the situation from a rational standpoint. You just cloud it all with your own B.S.

Christ. Actually no not just the addition of Pouncey but coming out of the draft many labeled him as someone that could start immediately. Obviously Pouncey isn't the solution but there isn't a REQUIRED solution seeing as the team is still TALENT LADEN. You do realize that the Steelers won two Super Bowls this decade correct? You also realize that a majority of those players are still on the roster? What are you missing exactly? The Steelers go 9-7 after a heinous losing streak and now Chicken little was signed to the roster? You need to give it a rest you blind ass fan boy. I at least look at the situation from a rational standpoint. You just cloud it all with your own B.S.

I mean really let's discuss this intelligently if you can, so you can at least rationalize what you're saying.

Bryant McFadden is back in the fold and he's a great system CB for us. I still can't believe the Cards sent him to us along with a 6th for a 5th round draft choice. Troy is healthy as is Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton is in the best shape of his career. We have returning starters at every position, brought back Larry Foote and Randel El. The only major subtraction is Holmes and honestly I don't know that we're going to miss him as much as people are letting on, Mike Wallace really came on last season. Show me a weakness on the roster if we're being honest, minus Big Ben getting suspended for 4 games. Depth is certainly a issue at a few positions, namely safety but we have a ton of LB depth, our special teams will be greatly improved which was a weakness last year and once again the defense is full strength.

Break it down for me Speed, without calling me something you used to hear in 3rd grade. EDIT: and Sisky I can't read what you posted if you posted something. It's not showing up.

Freak, I think for me it is more about that shit like this happens to all teams, even the Steelers. Which seemed to happen to the better part of the last 5 years for the Browns. You have to admit, they have had a bad sting of luck this year.

Reports are saying it was ruptured and could be out for the season.

OK, this is more Steelers discussion than I'd usually want to read through, but how can a late second-round receiver be considered a bust, exactly? The rate of success on such picks must be pretty slim. I'm thinking we'll be lucky if we get one adequate receiver out of our two higher 2nd round receiver picks from a year ago.

P.S. I'm thinking the term "bust" is best reserved for cases where you have high expectations of things panning out.

does jamarcus russell sound familiar??

There is one hell of a difference between suffering a serious knee injury (Courtney Brown) and being a lazy slob (Gerard Warren). Everyone wants to jump on Brown, but as I recall, he was doing pretty well until suffering that knee injury. I can't get down on a guy for an injury happening, but def will in a case like Warren.

Brown was a one dimensional player who should have been converted to LB in the beginning (he had no moves and no bull rush, only and outside speed rush) and yeah FATSO Warren was a piece of useless garbage..........and still is

does jamarcus russell sound familiar??

Apparently he showed up to camp in much better shape ready to compete. I guess Campbell giving him a competition bump may have lite a spark under his huge ass. It could get interesting.

Archived