THE BROWNS BOARD

the class of the # 2's

sisky fringo

According to the Browns roster, backup punter Reggie Hodges wears #2 for the Browns. Do you think it might ultimately become available? If it does, only Mitchell, I believe, would be eligible to wear it.

I believe RBs and DBs still have to wear a 20-40 number

Hodges apparently let it go, cuz Ward is rocking #2 in the new Browns Report on cb.com.

a DB with a number that low? i thought if anyone got it it would be the WR or RB (or a QB of course). it must mean something to him so i'm glad he got it (i'm a bit superstitious B) ).

Hodges apparently let it go, cuz Ward is rocking #2 in the new Browns Report on cb.com.

a DB with a number that low? i thought if anyone got it it would be the WR or RB (or a QB of course). it must mean something to him so i'm glad he got it (i'm a bit superstitious B) ).

these numbers arent permanant, theyre just for this camp.

and wr's cant wear no. 2 either.

i'm surprised they'd allow him to wear #2 at all then, even if it is temporary.

Well, didn't the Browns, or some other team have a player that was allowed to wear a single digit number like 1 or 2 because he was so diminuitive that more than 1 digit wouldn't fit on his uniform?

lol at Gipper. are you serious? i don't remember him if so. i remember "String Bean" Michael Jackson was pretty thin but his jersey didn't wrinkle so much you couldn't read the numbers.

The Cube was certainly mas pequenos--170 lbs or something crazy--but you could still read his too.

Didnt Kellen Winslow wear #11 during the training camp stuff and switch to #80 for the season? I could be wrong, and this may be like comparing apples to oranges, I am not sure if 11 was a legal number for a TE or not.
i could be wrong but i think it was 11, and he'd probably still be wearing it in the Browns archives if his Dad's #80 didn't come free.

i also remember seeing quite a few jerseys made for that original number, he didn't change right away and i believe he was gonna roll with it.

maybe since he was a "receiving" TE who lined up like a wideout he had different rules. ?

Archived