THE BROWNS BOARD

some Cleveland help

sisky fringo

It doesn't have to be a Browns bar. Try a Buffalo Wild wings. I watch all the Minnesota Vikings and Browns games there in Texas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1...ved=0CCgQtQMwBA

actually it kinda does here in the Denver market. honestly i'm not trying to be a contrarian and i appreciate all the advice, but this season i want to set my bar higher than audio-less games on the only 24" LCD in the place as i spend $20-$40 per game on guilt-driven wing and beer orders. if given the option i'll take DVR'ing the Sunday Ticket and drinking my favorite 6 pack from the comforts of my underwear every single time. :D :D

after hearing i was the only one this happened to (and two fugging years in a row?!?) i feel better about making the Sunday Ticket purchase this time.

thanks for all the feedback guys, it's no wonder i've had such a bad taste in my mouth about it.

justin.tv is not allowed to broadcast NFL games, they'll be up for like the first 5 minutes and then shut down.
it still never stops them from trying (teasing us), and i appreciate that. it's a great risk those peeps take in prosecution and i respect them for it. i have relied on streamers for many fights and games in the past few years that i would have never seen live otherwise.

in my experience with high traffic events like games the cut off was usually in the middle of the 3rd or 4th Qtr leading or trailing by a handful of points and in the middle of a drive...with the closest sports bar about ten minutes away. definitely not ideal.

justin.tv is not allowed to broadcast NFL games, they'll be up for like the first 5 minutes and then shut down.

like I said I've never had a problem, I've watched pay per view fights and they got shut down but even then they post links in the chat box and your back on in 30 seconds

Thanks for the link Sisky ima check it out

i called them yesterday and got a really vague and unsatisfying explanation from the agent i spoke with. then i was passed to an exemplary gatekeeper mgr. who said i was essentially on the cusp of two markets and at the mercy of the local networks decisions on what to carry. i told her the point of having DTV in a Pittsburgh market was to ensure seeing the games regardless of what was happening locally.

she said "sorry. there's really nothing i can do for you."

then i went off on some tangent about "monopoly's" and "corporatist bullshit" and the conversation kinda went downhill. let's just say we won't be exchanging X-mas cards.

f.uck you Pittsburgh, you were responsible for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im confused are you now in denver but were in shittsburg before?

Im confused are you now in denver but were in shittsburg before?
exactly

since none of you have ever had issues apparently it was just me. i should be good to go with the Sun Ticket out here but i'm going to ask around locally just to make sure. i like my odds though. still pining for STO though, gonna think of a workaround somehow. ^_^

Yea, I don't understand that. I thought with the Sunday ticket you could get just about any NFL game you wanted, anytime, anywhere. So if it wasn't the $$$, what was it?

Blackout rules apply in the local market...even with the dish.

So let me get this straight sisky.....you want someone to help you cheat, and put themselves at risk if the scheme is ever discovered.

Is that what you are asking??

That said, I wouldn't mind STO myself.

That said, if you do everything automatically, maintain a Cleveland bank account at a national chain....like Bank of America and have the bill drawn from there and use any old address you want....just keep enough money in there to cover that bill.

A quick Google search shows they have locations in both the Cleveland and Denver areas....you could easily deposit money in to the Cleveland account from the Denver location.

I gave up my NFL Sunday ticket, thinking I would save some $$. It ended up costing more $$, going up to the loal bar and gulping down beer & wings.

Every market is different. Here in Cleveland, if you don't have NFL Sunday ticket, the local affiliates always ram the Steelers, Bengals, & Ravens down our throats. The NFC games almost always involve the Giants or Cowboys.

Blackout rules apply in the local market...even with the dish.

So let me get this straight sisky.....you want someone to help you cheat, and put themselves at risk if the scheme is ever discovered.

Is that what you are asking??

hell yeah! i totally want someone to help me cheat...but they aren't really at any risk. ^_^

no one on this board trusts this ridiculous sheep avatar enough to share their own address with me, so a vacant home on pretty much any street in the Cleveland market would suffice, and is more realistic as well. pm'ing me an addy they have no association to wouldn't be asking much imo, and as long as it's not a business i should be gold as far as Dtv is concerned.

from there, $20 gets an additional card for another morally liberated Browns fan with a dtv dish on the side of their home...just cancel current service and bid on a series 2 tivo w/ lifetime subscription on ebay and you're in business! a patient bidder can often get one w/ an upgraded, larger hard drive for around $100-$120.

...just in case you were interested :D :D (but i don't think you were). regardless, know anyone in CLE literate enough to pen down a random address? lol

oh and i use a 3rd party to pay with: mycheckfree.com so i can fund numerous ways and from anywhere. you're overthinking it they don't g.a.f. as long as they're paid.

this is not as shady as it seems, i have DTV service now, but due to structural limitations i cannot simply just choose the market i want to watch. so, i'm taking it upon myself to get a workaround. the only reason why they can't offer it is because they need to be able to service the customer if need be and the red tape across regions makes it an unfeasibility.

not getting lawyers involved because i am getting Cleveland's news instead of Denver's and having everything air 2 hours later than it does here is why companies like DTV are still around>>>they don't sweat the small shit. techs aren't out policing neighborhoods matching addresses to houses w/ dishes on them, it's a "call if you need us" relationship.

not directing this at you Ballpeen but to me this is less serious than jaywalking. even if someone used their own address worst thing that would happen is a bill in my name addressed to their home gets paid automatically by me each month. if they committed to this and had half a brain they'd get a card for their receiver and get free tv piggybacking off me in exchange for the use of their location. easy as that. i subscribe to a big package wink wink nudge nudge.

You may run into problems using a Cleveland address, and not living in the Cleveland area. I'm not sure how Direct TV works, but I looked into doing something similar with Dish. Somehow, based on where your satellite dish is located, the longitude & latitude coordinates are specific to a certain range of transponders from their satellite. The way around this, for Dish, was to use a Cleveland address, and say the satellite was for your RV. The price is a little more, but at least you aren’t tied to the Cleveland address, other than for billing purposes.

I was close to doing this to get Cavs games in the Cincinnati area. Dish Network wouldn’t pay Fox Sports Ohio to carry Cavs games on their FSO Cincinnati feed, even though we are considered in the “Cavs local market”. Coincidently, every Cavs game, this last year, was blacked out on Dish with no way to watch the games, even if you bought the NBA League Pass.

You may run into problems using a Cleveland address, and not living in the Cleveland area. I'm not sure how Direct TV works, but I looked into doing something similar with Dish. Somehow, based on where your satellite dish is located, the longitude & latitude coordinates are specific to a certain range of transponders from their satellite. The way around this, for Dish, was to use a Cleveland address, and say the satellite was for your RV. The price is a little more, but at least you aren't tied to the Cleveland address, other than for billing purposes.

I was close to doing this to get Cavs games in the Cincinnati area. Dish Network wouldn't pay Fox Sports Ohio to carry Cavs games on their FSO Cincinnati feed, even though we are considered in the "Cavs local market". Coincidently, every Cavs game, this last year, was blacked out on Dish with no way to watch the games, even if you bought the NBA League Pass.

Dish Network is different>>>they don't allow you to have receivers in multiple locations. best you can do with them is threaten cancellation if they don't allow you to view another market and keep hanging up and calling back until you find someone willing to do it. they're out there though and it's been done>>>my friend had a Cali address and CLE channels thru Dish a couple years ago and that's how he did it was by repeated bitching until he found the right person.

thanks for the insight anyway.

Check out this website its the Denver Browns Backers Maybe someone locally can help you out..

http://home.pcisys.net/~schottc/

yeah i go there, it's a good time. that's the one i mentioned that is standing room only an hour before the game.

thanks for the heads up anyway Ithica.

i do appreciate all the help and resources from everyone.

here's to a kick-ass 2010! cheers!!

Archived