THE BROWNS BOARD

Is it Taboo to bring back Marty Shottenheimer

BrownsKidd

The Only thing Cleveland fans are good at, is booing. And throwing bottles! It is the same year after year decade after decade. I've been on these messages boards since 02'....been a browns fan for 40 years....all Dumb Cleveland fans want to do is poo poo on everything....and it's the little shit....like how Davis threw fazio under the bus for the fking prevent defense, or how belicheck mumbled through every interview, or simply because guys like BQ are drafted period...Some have been booing Savage and RAC before they even stepped foot in Berea, Some have been been Booing Quinn since before that draft....nothing will ever change in Cleveland without continuity and that is what Cleveland fans can't allow to happen....Policy's handling of the cap is why BD had to purge all our starting LB's after the playoff season but noone seems to recall that fact, They want to remember that Butch Davis didn't listen to ron wolf. So I say to Cleveland fans....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hey let's Scrap this whole organization again and let's get new coordinators, purge the roster again, hire new everybody then start bitching and booing the choices the moment people get mentioned for the new positions. RAC must go....I conceed that. But we need to continue with the 3-4 and Chud must stay! Otherwise we will be booing forever!

Is there no truth to this??? of course there is!

The Only thing Cleveland fans are good at, is booing. And throwing bottles! It is the same year after year decade after decade. I've been on these messages boards since 02'....been a browns fan for 40 years....

Then you should understand why we're pissed off, you f--king moron.

Kathy - I respect your opinion and understand why you feel the way you do.

At this point I'm thinking that Cowher or Marty would only be a short term solution. I think one of these two give us the best chance to win with the talent we've got and we can see vast improvement in a short time (maybe 2 years).

In the meantime whoever it is can train/mentor someone who is exactly like you describe. And that would be our long term direction.

Neither Cowher nor Marty are wanting to come back for the long haul...but they still have some fire in them that can maybe jump start this team.

I think if Cowher were to coach for the Browns, even if the team wins it all, the only thing we're going to hear from Steeler fans is that the Browns couldn't get a coach of their own, they had to take one from the Steelers. Blecch.

As for Marty, he's coached here before and to me that feels like a step backwards rather than a step into the future.

I don't care what Steelers fans have to say if Cowher coaches here. They seem to conveniently forget that he was a Browns player and coach before he went to the Steelers so they got their great coach from us to begin with.

I'd take either Marty or Cowher...I think both would immediately turn the franchise around. Marty coached the Chargers to 14-2 just 2 seasons ago...it's not like he's been out of the league for years. The Chargers have gotten worse without him and the word around San Diego is that Norv Turner is going to be fired...think they wish they had kept Marty after the 14-2 season?

I think if Cowher were to coach for the Browns, even if the team wins it all, the only thing we're going to hear from Steeler fans is that the Browns couldn't get a coach of their own, they had to take one from the Steelers. Blecch.

As for Marty, he's coached here before and to me that feels like a step backwards rather than a step into the future.

Kathy,

The BEST way to deal with that is to remind the Steeler fans WHERE Cowher and Noll and even Shula got their NFL baptisms as players. In Cleveland. So in essence, we've gone full circle from seeing Pittsburgh look to Cleveland to appear on the NFL map. Same thing here.

- Tom F. (Some of the best dynasties and coaches have deep roots to the Browns and Paul Brown)

Archived