THE BROWNS BOARD

The worst...

DA BURGH

What is the worst part about being a Browns fan?

Having to deal with toothless hicks like yourselves who come in here and puff your chests out because the football team you happen to be a fan of is much better, year in and year out, than the one we choose to be a fan of.

Im with shep from the time i was little it was always the browns i was born a browns fan and even though im free to change to a better team like pukesburgh... i wont i cant im a browns fan for life but the past 15 years have been hell but i know the steeler fags day is coming when the rooneys are done...

They dont grow owners like them anymore and i dont think that squeeler fans can stick it out like brownie fans have once that day comes..

If ever there was a time to abandon the sinking ship the uss clevelandbrowns its now but i wont jump ship but i will not offer a supporting hand to captain lerner and will spread mutiny to see him gone if the ship stays afloat..

Dealing with bandwagon Steeler fans who live vicariously through the winning of the Steelers, but have no right to becaues they're nothing but bandwagon fans who haven't the first clue what it means to be a die-hard loyal fan of a team for reasons other than that it's convenient, trendy, and they're winning.

Hands down.

Ditto! People will be jumping ship as if they were on the Titanic! If/when the steAlers become uncompetitive they would lose half of their fan base because half of their fan base are front running assholes that live in Ohio.

And all over the country. The same type of scumbags that are Yankee "fans" and Red Sox "fans".

I have a friend who techinally is a 49er "fan." But he's just a frontrunner from the 1990s, he doesn't follow them anymore. He could not care less about them. That's what there will be thousands of some time in the future when the Steelers aren't so good for a while.

Ditto! People will be jumping ship as if they were on the Titanic! If/when the steAlers become uncompetitive they would lose half of their fan base because half of their fan base are front running assholes that live in Ohio.

Uh.. no.

In truth, the Steelers and the Browns fan base is about the exact same (which is part of the reason for such the deep-seated dislike, familiarity breeds contempt). We were very uncompetitive in the 80's AND the city of Pittsburgh lost about half its residents as the mills and mines closed down. Those fans moved throughout the country. It would have been very easy to shift allegiance to the Dolphins in the 80's (especially with Marino as QB, a home-town boy of sorts), San Francisco (Joe Montana was a home-town boy of sorts as well) or even Chicago (who played the type of defense Steelers fans were accustomed to) among others. However, they remained loyal Steelers fans, which is why this team "travels" so well, It isn't really the fans that travel everywhere, but the displaced Pittsburgher's that show up to all the games.

There is a lot of smack between these two teams with a lot of history. However, this particular line, really has very little truth to it. Are there some bandwagon fans? Sure. Just like there were some bandwagon fans for the Browns at the beginning of this year.

********* However, I really don't understand the fascination with being an ass on an opponents fan-board. Come on people. You're no longer in grade school.

You actually believe that, huh, Preach?

No. They're frontrunners, just like Yankees and Red Sox fans. Prolonged success creates a fan base full of frontrunners. It's been evidenced time and time again. Sure, the Browns had them in their breif periods of success.

You actually have yourself convinced that the fact that the Steelers are the winningest team in the NFL for the past 16 or so years, and have GROWN to probably the biggest fan base reaching their pinnacle in 2005 when they lead the NFL in merchandise sales (gee, wonder why?), are completely unrelated? I know you aren't dumb enough to believe that.

There is a certain group of human population that don't know it's wrong to go through their lives just picking the winningest teams in each sport to support. In baseball, they're a mix between Yankee/Red Sox. In basketball, they're a mix between Celtics/Lakers. In football, it's Steelers/Cowboys. Or am I mistaken, and Dallas had a 'misplacement of their population'?

Displacement from the Mills. Haha.

You actually believe that, huh, Preach?

No. They're frontrunners, just like Yankees and Red Sox fans. Prolonged success creates a fan base full of frontrunners. It's been evidenced time and time again. Sure, the Browns had them in their breif periods of success.

You actually have yourself convinced that the fact that the Steelers are the winningest team in the NFL for the past 16 or so years, and have GROWN to probably the biggest fan base reaching their pinnacle in 2005 when they lead the NFL in merchandise sales (gee, wonder why?), are completely unrelated? I know you aren't dumb enough to believe that.

There is a certain group of human population that don't know it's wrong to go through their lives just picking the winningest teams in each sport to support. In baseball, they're a mix between Yankee/Red Sox. In basketball, they're a mix between Celtics/Lakers. In football, it's Steelers/Cowboys. Or am I mistaken, and Dallas had a 'misplacement of their population'?

Displacement from the Mills. Haha.

May I suggest you do a little study on what happened to Pittsburgh in the early 80's. Yes, Litteraly 300,000 people moved away. Do we have bandwagon fans? Yep. But honestly, our team isn't a "sexy" team. They aren't pimped by ESPN, the NFL, etc. etc. The teams that get all the bandwagon fans are Dallas, the Pats,* and teams that are pimped for a couple years such as the Bengals a few years ago, San Diego, etc. etc.

Like I said, yes, there are bandwagon fans for the Steelers. However, most of those fans disappear with one bad season. The last two seasons have seen those fans disappear for us.

I'm actually one of those bandwagon Browns fans. I just started getting into football this year, and I didn't want to be a Giants or Jets fan because I didn't want to be a total bandwagoner after the Super Bowl and Favre. Fantasy football made me follow the Browns last year, so I figured I'd stick with it.

Plus, being a part of losing makes me feel better about it. Feels like I'm more of a fan if I have to go through a team struggling.

Dealing with bandwagon Steeler fans who live vicariously through the winning of the Steelers, but have no right to becaues they're nothing but bandwagon fans who haven't the first clue what it means to be a die-hard loyal fan of a team for reasons other than that it's convenient, trendy, and they're winning.

Hands down.

Speak for yourself DTBH ...The Steelers absolutely sucked for the first 40 years of their existance .. Just due to my age ,I have folowed them since 1967(when I was 7) Others in my family longer . I remember them going 1-13 in 1969 and watching every game ..I followed them even when they were "soft and cheesey" in the mid to late 1980's .Just because they have been winning IS NOT why I am a fan ..I was born that way ,just like many of you have stated about why you follow the Brown's .....I know what it is like to be a "die hard" in good times and bad ...It took them 15 years to get back into the Super Bowl after they won their Fourth Super Bowl and another 10 to win one .I have been with them through thick and thin ...Don't think because you follow a losing Team that you have the Red Badge of Courage amongst NFL fans and others are NOT real fans because their Team is winning now ...You act like ALL Steeler fans are bandwagon jumpers ....Most are Not ...and have been following the Steelers all their life .Just happens that anyone 50 or younger has had the chance to see them WIN a whole lot more than they Lose :P

Im with shep from the time i was little it was always the browns i was born a browns fan and even though im free to change to a better team like pukesburgh... i wont i cant im a browns fan for life but the past 15 years have been hell but i know the steeler fags day is coming when the rooneys are done...

They dont grow owners like them anymore and i dont think that squeeler fans can stick it out like brownie fans have once that day comes..

If ever there was a time to abandon the sinking ship the uss clevelandbrowns its now but i wont jump ship but i will not offer a supporting hand to captain lerner and will spread mutiny to see him gone if the ship stays afloat..

UH Dude ...Do you read the paper??? The Rooneys are "keeping it in the Family" and staying in Pittsburgh ..Been that way since 1932 ..A Rooney has owned this Team since then ...Just the past 40 years have been pretty good ..The FIRST 40 were not ....SO Steelers Fag day is coming huh ?? Makes me wonder???After 40+ yaers of nothing but misery happeneing in C-Town When is your FAG day coming???? :lol: EVER???

Archived