THE BROWNS BOARD

Suggestion

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Try limiting your responses to a few threads (one, two or three) per log-in. I looked over this forum today and see the same names responding abundantly at-will to everything. I didn't even bother to read the threads, just skipped them because I didn't want to read the same blowhard over and over. Post under a subject that interest you, then take the old lady out for dinner or something, cross off an item on your honey-do list, or God Forbid get some work done around the office - but don't just camp here and be an asshole.

That's my suggestion. If everyone limits their posts to under three topics at a time, then if someone hates your fucking guts, they can just easily skip your dumb ass and no redass gets chapped.

I don't think anyone minds you having banter over and over in the same thread, but just start out by limiting the threads you are participating in and I'll guess that we won't have as many clashes.

Ok, I said that I wouldn't nose in, but I just thought I'd add that upon the door hitting me in the ass.

carry-on.

There are times, Stan, when some folks don't have a chance to get on often, and they try to catch up on several threads.

Which, I have been guilty of, too, and am working to avoid.

But just having some flippant comment on a whole bunch of threads just

to be saying something does get annoying.

Guest ATENEARS

Bullshit

Don't tell me that you guys don't get here enough because the place is littered with your thread killing posts.

Looking over the last three pages in this forum, I noticed an abundance of three names that ended most threads;

Mr T's name was at the end of 33 different threads, as the last person to post in them.

Bunker was the anchor in 26 threads, Calfox closed the book on 17 of them. All other posters combined were at the tailend of the remaining 17 threads (and that included 3 each from Scott Player & Billy Jack).

You know what that tells me? It tells me that Mr. T, Calfox & Bunker aren't very interesting to read or worth responding to.

You two posted in this thread to both tell me that you don't have much time to spend here so you fling-poo as abundant and as spread out as you can. Those above numbers also tell me that you don't put much thought into your posts. You two account for ending 50 of the 93 threads I analyzed, with Bunker added in you three killed 76 of 93 threads.

(insert golf clap)

So, if I were to skip Mr. T, Calfox, Bunker, Player & BillyJack (which I'm sure most do here), I would be limited to replying to 11 threads over three pages.

Now, I'm guessing among those 11 remaining threads that you three (or five) saturate those as well ... just a guess, call me Nostradamus.

Maybe they can't handle the truth. :wub: Or they are in bed at 2 in the morning

You're on a short leash, Bunker. You get a clean slate with me but your reputation preceeds me.

Clean it up or hit the road.

I hope you can do the clean it up part. If not, I will lock the door after you're thrown through the swinging doors.

Guest ATENEARS

To be fair, I went back to the beginning of this forum and re-totalled, since perhaps there are only a handful of posters here and that distorts the "Thread killing Count"

Looking over threads started here up until about a day after the election (7-8 pages worth of threads);

Bunker has killed or been the end poster on 70 different threads. Congratulations Bunker! Do you often find yourself the last speaking and your friends looking at you with that 'SFTU' Look?

Mr. T had 20 scores, which is a far cry from 70.

Westside Steve had 16

Pumpkin had 13

mz the pussy had 12

Inspecta & Shep chimed in for 11 apiece

and Aloysius had 10 kills.

All others were under ten ... including Calfox with 7 (my apologies Cal).

I started to count the amount of threads that were started and had fewer than two replies, and some of these same names surfaced as the originator of those classic topics.

My analysis:

Bunker - your not looking very good, in fact you appear to be an asshole. I vote him off the island.

Mr. T - you have received decent endorsements from others, but I suggest you tame it down a litt.... a lot.

All others can do their part, and I would advise John & Ricky to start pulling more posts and if it becomes a chore, you can start handing out time-outs to these babys. You can suspend these accounts for a few days, a week, or start increasing each time-out if they become multiple offenders (if that becomes a chore, just toss'em off the site, believe me it can only help the place).

I would suggest the major players here to start limiting their amount of posts to a respectable amount without soaking the board with your opinion.

I have better things to do than to comb through this bullshit. If we can't make this forum work, then let's just shit can the place because we don't need a smelly armpit here.

And some of you asked for a 'GENERAL FORUM'? .... those same people need to start showing me that an off-topic place can work where obviously a folder like this is failing.

Good day my friends ... til next time I poke my head in ...

Fine time to show up and start counting, Stan, after the "others" got all intolerant and bolted in their strike.

We can fix this. but counting isn't going to help.

And blaming ME won't make me cry. I'll just go hike out into the woods and see if we see some deer again.

Deer tracks aplenty.

In fact, I -ususally- see deer when I'm out with the tractor.

There's a horned owl out back. Still hear the hoots. I hope they keep populating.

And on weekends, I go out about dawn and watch for hunters. Have the game warden

on quick dial per his request.

(We feed the wild critters corn and wilted apples I saved from the old orchard in the fridge).

And the rabbits and squirrel tracks? Amazing. Some fox tracks, and I think coyote tracks, but

not often. Maybe mink, too.

Anyways, Happy Turkeyday tomorrow to EVERY FREAKIN BODY !!!!

We want to go out and take pictures Sat morning. I have heard there are wild turkeys out this way.

I'd like to lure them in for some great pictures.

I hope Stan will visit then, I could use him for a decoy. @@ :D

Guest ATENEARS
Fine time to show up and start counting, Stan, after the "others" got all intolerant and bolted in their strike.

I think 'counting' varmint tracks here is a better indication of what's gone wrong than the tracks in your back woods.

If all your veggies are gone and rabbit tracks lead out of the garden, there is a good indication that the rabbit will be back if you re-plant. If you don't plan to re-plant, keep luring them closer with refrigerated bait .... but if you plan to replant, either put up some fences or kill the son of a bitches

If you do nothing and begin to have a rabbit farm ... be leery of them coyote tracks ....

Guest Aloysius
and Aloysius had 10 kills.

I don't know; I counted 11 ;)

One of the things I think you're missing is that there was an extended period of time in which a few posters were spamming the board with thread after thread. As a result, a lot of us had our posts pushed down to the bottom of the page where nobody noticed them.

If you look through my 10/11 "kills", I doubt there was a lot of "blowhard" stuff. Maybe some foreign policy stuff that other posters weren't particularly interested in, but not the kind of pointless bs that destroys a thread.

Guest ATENEARS
I don't know; I counted 11 ;)

One of the things I think you're missing is that there was an extended period of time in which a few posters were spamming the board with thread after thread. As a result, a lot of us had our posts pushed down to the bottom of the page where nobody noticed them.

If you look through my 10/11 "kills", I doubt there was a lot of "blowhard" stuff. Maybe some foreign policy stuff that other posters weren't particularly interested in, but not the kind of pointless bs that destroys a thread.

I figured in a lot of factors for having the last post, some of which could be good. As in, you hit the nail on the head and all others agreed with your view, thus making your post non-confrontational and not disputed or replied to. Another similar topic could have been started and the thread carried on there. The point was discussed enough and someone had to have the last post.

I wouldn't worry about 10/11 ... it's the 70 "kills" that is a little harder to explain away as anything other than garbage/spam.

It's surly not the prove all ... I'm certain that many others "killed" the thread halfway through and the rest of the replies were just confrontational banter.

It's just an eye sore to open a folder and see the same name listed as the last to post in each thread, or the same name listed as the starter of each thread. Another means of grading is who has the most threads started with less than 2 replies? Many times if I'm pruning a forum, I'll prune any thread older than a certain date and that have 2 or less replies.

I'm suggesting posting in moderation, which most of us do. Occasionally we like to really get involved in a topic and may trade barb after jab with another member or a few members consecutively in the same thread as we go round-and-round in debate. That's healthy, but the blowhards that have something (stupid) to state in each topic and reply in a way that leaves no opening for debate or exchange need to go ... and not just on this forum, any forum they travel to.

Guest Aloysius
I wouldn't worry about 10/11 ... it's the 70 "kills" that is a little harder to explain away as anything other than garbage/spam.

Ha. I won't argue with you there.

And it's not surprising that T is a (fairly distant) second. From what I gather, T invited a bunch of his friends to the board, one of them being Bunker.

Since then, we've been inundated with threads about the next war the NWO is going to start, how the US is about to collapse, and where the FEMA concentration camps are located.

Only T's buddies seem to be interested in those topics, with everyone else just shaking their heads & slowly walking away.

Archived