THE BROWNS BOARD

We are stockpiling TE's

titleist585

The Cleveland Browns have announced that quarterback Brady Quinn has been placed on injured reserve, ending his second NFL season.

Quinn’s spot on the roster was filled by tight end Jed Collins.

On Tuesday, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reported that Quinn’s season was over due to a finger injury that had become aggravated by playing in Sunday’s 16-6 loss to the Texans.

The move means that Quinn will have to participate in 70 percent of the team’s offensive plays in 2009 in order to unlock the high-dollar escalators in his rookie contract. If he had participated in 55 percent of the snaps this season, he would have been required to participate in only 55 percent of the snaps in 2009 to increase significantly his 2010 and 2011 compensation.

The Cleveland Browns have announced that quarterback Brady Quinn has been placed on injured reserve, ending his second NFL season.

Quinn’s spot on the roster was filled by tight end Jed Collins.

On Tuesday, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reported that Quinn’s season was over due to a finger injury that had become aggravated by playing in Sunday’s 16-6 loss to the Texans.

The move means that Quinn will have to participate in 70 percent of the team’s offensive plays in 2009 in order to unlock the high-dollar escalators in his rookie contract. If he had participated in 55 percent of the snaps this season, he would have been required to participate in only 55 percent of the snaps in 2009 to increase significantly his 2010 and 2011 compensation.

As far as TEs go, I think that tells me that Savage will be back and RAC will go. I think Winslow is gone if Phil stays. He tried to trade him before the trading deadline a few weeks back.

Guest Ghoolie
As far as TEs go, I think that tells me that Savage will be back and RAC will go. I think Winslow is gone if Phil stays. He tried to trade him before the trading deadline a few weeks back.

Why the hell we kept Winslow in the first place is beyond me. He has no speed, no moves, he drops key passes and because his stems are shot and he can't block, when he is in the game the opposing defenses know we are passing.

As I said, we should have traded him when he could fool people into thinking he still had potential.

He is not good enough to be the starting TE on any playoff team.

Archived