THE BROWNS BOARD

Crennel names Quinn his 2009 starting QB!

ohioborn

Just read where RAC has named Quinn his starting QB for 2009. Wow this get stranger by the minute. I'm sure DA will be fired up now to play well.

Quinn MUST play 70% of the snaps next year to get his $10+ million in incentives.

If they told him he's gonna have to work to keep his job, he'd probably bolt.

Just read where RAC has named Quinn his starting QB for 2009. Wow this get stranger by the minute. I'm sure DA will be fired up now to play well.

Who gives a flying fock what this organization says anymore, it's all complete bullshit and they have no clue if they actually mean it or not. They don't know if they're coming or going.

I don't believe a word that comes out they mouths.

LOL! I'm not sure Quinn WANTS to play Arena Football but it prolly wouldn't feel much different.

- Tom F.

Why the hell does Quinn being named started for 2009 matter?

THAT COACH that made the announcement isn't going to be here next season.

Because the thought is it came from very high up, meaning Learner. It shows where the organization is headed. Romeo isn't on an island making these decisions.

It could be something to just keep people from dropping their tickets. I know alot of people that would drop their tickets if they came out and said DA was the starter next season. I think they've heard enough chanting in the stadium to get an idea where the fanbase is at right now heh.

It could be something to just keep people from dropping their tickets. I know alot of people that would drop their tickets if they came out and said DA was the starter next season. I think they've heard enough chanting in the stadium to get an idea where the fanbase is at right now heh.

People are dropping tix left and right trying to get someone to take them. Giving anybody the belief that DA could still be here and start next year is like telling the fans to get pumped up about Spergeon the Surgeon Wynn again.

If they told him he's gonna have to work to keep his job, he'd probably bolt.

Hey Freakshow, find me a quote, any quote, from any person within this organizations heirarchy, that describes DA in this manner:

"I'm impressed with what the kid has done on the field, off the field, the way he handles himself in situations, the way he's run the team, not getting rattled, keeping his composure, being able to manage the game," Crennel said Wednesday. "I like all of that about him. I like the kid a lot."

"We know that in six weeks his finger's going to be good, so that's not going to make him any less of a quarterback," Crennel said. "He will still be able to handle the huddle and do the things we saw him do in the short time that he started. I think we still feel good about him and where he is."

You don't seem to realize the concept that there is a HUGE difference between being a THROWER and being an NFL QUARTERBACK.

RAC has just described what we have been saying about Quinn since day 1: handles himself and the players very well, deals well with adversity, stay composed and focused, and has impressed the shit out of this coaching staff in the little time he played.

I guess when the coaching staff gives props to DA and you feel the need to shove that in peoples faces ("the Browns named DA the starter, so whatever Grossi and the BQ fans say doesn't mean shit.") that's OK.

Now you have reversed yourself. Dude you're a fooking loser hypocrite, and a fake. Go the fook away, whoever is pretending to be you.

RAC has just described what we have been saying about Quinn since day 1: handles himself and the players very well, deals well with adversity, stay composed and focused, and has impressed the shit out of this coaching staff in the little time he played.

Anderson's leadership abilities are shown by the C patch on his shoulder pads. Quinn didn't get one.

And RAC is saying what he's told to say by an owner who doesn't like to hear boos on TV.

We know the reason the "fans" want RAC out right? The reason is that he thinks DA is better than BQ. That's the only reason. BQ Nation is OUTRAGED that RAC thinks DA is better than BQ.

Enjoy the holiday Desertdawg, and stay away from the hard stuff.

And RAC is saying what he's told to say by an owner who doesn't like to hear boos on TV.

So when he liked DA and kept him in, that wasn't RAC's decision? When he named DA the starter that wasn't his decision? And oh yeah, find me those articles where the organization has said anything close to what RAC said about BQ's leadership skills, etc....

You talking in circles, Lumnuts.

In the morning I will be sober, but you will still be stupid.

It sure will be nice when DA is on another team; we can be rid of this 'folk'

Wanna bet. Don't think the "folk" is going anywhere. Sure, they'll follow DA to another team's board, but they'll still be here rooting against Queen.

Mark it down.

Anderson's leadership abilities are shown by the C patch on his shoulder pads.

I got your C right here! If only your boyfriend COULD see, maybe this wouldn't have been so brutal this year.

Trent Dilfer had the same C and NO see. DA being here has REVERSED progress. The brass, not yet PROVEN to be QB smart (ie; Dilfer then Frye then Dumb Ass) might have walked the plank with passing game by Dumb Ass. The rest of the season has about as much meaning as a preseason game. FYI, this won't be convenient but Quinn had the BEST 2007 preseason where stats don't lie. Frye and Dumb Ass combined for 1 TD pass inspite of having 1 more game and most of the training camp reps.

The ONLY people that believe in Dumb Ass right now are you colicky Oregon State fans. Watch how quickly the team will give up on another 30% completion rate in the first quarter. He's not OUR Captain Loverboy he's your's.

- Tom F. (The Ratbird Defense had to be laughing their asses off taking 3 INTs for TDs against DA this year. That was quite the Kyle Boller imitation)

I got your C right here! If only your boyfriend COULD see, maybe this wouldn't have been so brutal this year.

Trent Dilfer had the same C and NO see. DA being here has REVERSED progress. The brass, not yet PROVEN to be QB smart (ie; Dilfer then Frye then Dumb Ass) might have walked the plank with passing game by Dumb Ass. The rest of the season has about as much meaning as a preseason game. FYI, this won't be convenient but Quinn had the BEST 2007 preseason where stats don't lie. Frye and Dumb Ass combined for 1 TD pass inspite of having 1 more game and most of the training camp reps.

The ONLY people that believe in Dumb Ass right now are you colicky Oregon State fans. Watch how quickly the team will give up on another 30% completion rate in the first quarter. He's not OUR Captain Loverboy he's your's.

- Tom F. (The Ratbird Defense had to be laughing their asses off taking 3 INTs for TDs against DA this year. That was quite the Kyle Boller imitation)

You're pretty rough on Boller, Flugs. You keep comparing him to DA like DA got all Bollered up.

Didn't you know that it's very rare for a QB to be the captain of his team?

I say rip on DA if you want. But, that has nothing to do with BQ. Yes he hurt his finger and it probably affected his play. But the truth is BQ in his limited showing did not look very good. Built a big lead against the Broncos but could not keep it going in the second half. Got lucky against the Bills, and if DA had the ball that many times on the bills side of the 50 people would have been livid that DA get not get it in the endzone. And against the powerful Texans he plain sucked (as did DA).

Next year is not about DA, it is about BQ. I wish that he had not gotten hurt because I would like a much bigger sample size to make an opinion. With the games that I have seen the only grade you can give BQ is incomplete. You don't know what you have at this time. I have not seen the great play that was advertised. He had a great first half against the Broncos, but after that...not so much.

AS many said when comparing DA against Frye, who cares frye is not the future. So when talking about BQ who cares about DA at this time. What matters is BQ and though I am sure the injury had an effect I am so not sold on all the hype.

I got two words for BQ and all of his supporters. PROVE IT!!

I for one think he should have more than next season to prove it, because I do not think that a 25 year old QB can show you what he is in 19 or 25 games, especially not when there are so many other weaknesses with this "top 5" cockpit.

Trent Dilfer had the same C

No, there were no captain patches in the NFL until 2007.

In 2007, the Browns captains were Joe Jurevicius, Hank Fraley, Steve Heiden, Andra Davis, Willie McGinest, Sean Jones, and Phil Dawson.

In 2008, they are Derek Anderson, Hank Fraley, Andra Davis, Willie McGinest, Josh Cribbs, and Phil Dawson

FYI in 2007 there were 16 Quarterbacks with a C on their shoulder.

Anderson's leadership abilities are shown by the C patch on his shoulder pads. Quinn didn't get one.

We know the reason the "fans" want RAC out right? The reason is that he thinks DA is better than BQ. That's the only reason. BQ Nation is OUTRAGED that RAC thinks DA is better than BQ.

Enjoy the holiday Desertdawg, and stay away from the hard stuff.

Yeah.....you forget RAC also thought Charlie Frye was better than DA, and even kept him as the starting QB for over two seasons. Do you think the owner made them trade him and start DA? Doubt it. So who really cares what RAC thinks? Nobody, stop being a bitch.

Archived