THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson

Guest ATENEARS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In keeping with the original point of this thread. I don't think there is any way that we have both of these guys on the roster next season. Who knows which one is gone, I think in a lot of ways Anderson is getting a second chance to earn the job here for next year. He's got 5 games with no one behind him..it's his job the rest of the way to show what he can do. If he shits the bed, like he did in every game this year (except for the MNF game) I don't think he's here next year unless he reworks his contract substantially to remain as the backup. If he lights it up the rest of the way (against some good teams) there's a good chance he stays as QB next season and we make a deal with Quinn in the offseason. Despite how poorly he played against Houston, he had two very good starts putting up a lot of points in his first 2 starts in the league and I would think that would be enough to get some team who needs a QB to give up a pretty good draft pick for him.

All that said... I'm with Roach...I'm a Browns fan and I want to see us win some damn games no matter who is under center.

Look, I respect all you guys Mark so this aint' personal but "Bah Humbug!" Seriously, what if DA does good in 2 games and he's reverts back to DA in 3 games so we win 6 games instead of 4 games? Do we REALLY want things any more cloudy than this nightmare already is?

They flushed this season right down the toilet and HEADS (that's plural) need to roll. And if for some reason we win 5 games by accident or 5 opponents go NY Giants thinking they have a vacation game and we go 9-7 do you want us missing playoffs for another 10 years?

I see this scapegoating 1 more freakin Head Coach as 100% of the problems when we don't have an ounce of character beyond Cribbs, Thomas, Wright, Rogers, Pontbriand and Dawson. The sad thing is 4 of those guys are part time on Sundays including Rogers when teams move the chains and his endurance lures him to sidelines.

This front office around the NFL circles is rumored to be in constant chaos. If that's what we want from here on out - hope we win the 5 games as meaningful as preseason. I'm SOOOOOO disappointed Opie wasn't what I thought he'd be nor was RAC. And just to rub salt in the wound, we get treated to a QB sporting a 47% completion rate and a WR that can't catch anything that touches his hands with an over-the-hill RB. What's to like? This ain't the Cleveland Browns you grew up on so don't accept the crappy product when it's crappy.

Season ticket holders ought to get their money back this year - they're getting robbed by a counterfeit operation posing as the Cleveland Browns tradition. Cartwheels, cheers and stadiums full of people only say: "Thank you sir - may I have another!"

You're not a terrible fan for demanding more from your team or hoping a cloudy picture comes into focus these next 5 weeks. Character isn't made by coaches - it's innate so your personnel guy CANNOT think a Ray Lewis needs a Marvin Lewis or Brian Billick to invent sic em, sock em and sack em. D'Qwell Jackson gets blocked out of your tv screen - Ray Lewis rips people's heads off at the line of scrimmage when he's not scoring on another INT from Dumb Ass.

- Tom F. (This Brass made me numb about what I'm rooting for or against as did the character of this team. Gut it!)

Archived