THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Outsiders - QB Matchup of the Week

Lumbergh

Just a little perspective...

Brady Quinn had THE BEST matchup in the entire NFL last week. The #1 easiest opponent. A clear opportunity for a breakout game.

Sadly, who could have known the Browns would score their fewest points since the 30-0 loss to Cincy in 2006?

Best and worst matchups for Week 12

Quarterbacks

Brady Quinn (Browns, plus-12 percent): The Houston defense is the gift that keeps on giving. It's got three excellent players in defensive end Mario Williams, middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and cornerback Fred Bennett. It's also got a few players who are simply awful, and they happen to make up the rest of the secondary. (Dunta Robinson is exempted, since he's not at 100 percent.) Quinn's shown the ability to be competent at the very least, which means that he can pick holes in the Texans' defense and be a good start in deeper leagues or as a No. 2 quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...e=outsiderswk12

Just a little perspective...

Brady Quinn had THE BEST matchup in the entire NFL last week. The #1 easiest opponent. A clear opportunity for a breakout game.

Sadly, who could have known the Browns would score their fewest points since the 30-0 loss to Cincy in 2006?

Best and worst matchups for Week 12

Quarterbacks

Brady Quinn (Browns, plus-12 percent): The Houston defense is the gift that keeps on giving. It's got three excellent players in defensive end Mario Williams, middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and cornerback Fred Bennett. It's also got a few players who are simply awful, and they happen to make up the rest of the secondary. (Dunta Robinson is exempted, since he's not at 100 percent.) Quinn's shown the ability to be competent at the very least, which means that he can pick holes in the Texans' defense and be a good start in deeper leagues or as a No. 2 quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...e=outsiderswk12

Quinn played one healthy game and was out for the season due to Fraleys ineptitude at center. So why are you still babbling on like some incoherent idiot about Quinn? We all know you are infatuated, now drop it already. DA can't get out from under being the worst QB in the league, and he has a healthy throwing hand. Quinns one healthy start this year, his first start as a NFL QB ...he outshines DA by leaps and bounds, and that's with BEs drops. You are full of excuses for DA, yet quick to blather on about Quinn. You embarrass yourself. You must be one ugly dude to feel so insecure just because a QB with tremendous talent is good looking. We all know it's tough growing up without a daddy, but get over it already. Women dig confidence, your self esteem issues are only holding you back.

Quinn played one healthy game and was out for the season due to Fraleys ineptitude at center.

either his finger didn't hurt, like he said....

....or if it was hurt to the point that he was going to direct the worst offensive performance in several seasons then he's too stupid to know what's best for his team.

either his finger didn't hurt, like he said....

....or if it was hurt to the point that he was going to direct the worst offensive performance in several seasons then he's too stupid to know what's best for his team.

He trusted the doctor the franchise provided for him, and manned up. Something you wouldn't know much about.

DA is exempt from any negative judgement from the Oregon Rainbow Squad. When playing against the same team, only one QB can be judged negatively. I don't see any BQ fan around here sheltering BQ from criticism for his performance last week, yet Lum can't find anything negative about DA's 17 QB rating performance.

LMAO. DA played almost the entire 2nd half. How'd he do?

Anderson put a TD pass into Braylon's hands in his first offensive drive after not taking any snaps at practice all week.

FYI Quinn hasn't thrown any passes in the vicinity of the endzone, complete or not, over the last 2 games. That's what they call Heath Shuler Syndrome.

Anderson put a TD pass into Braylon's hands in his first offensive drive after not taking any snaps at practice all week.

FYI Quinn hasn't thrown any passes in the vicinity of the endzone, complete or not, over the last 2 games. That's what they call Heath Shuler Syndrome.

Then why was DA 0-3 in his first 3 starts while Quinn was 1-2? Check mate Loverboy! Like the intelligence downgrade, the completion percentage last week went down to 37% when Dumb Ass came in. I'm not exactly sure what you think you're proving here. Every commentator in America, especially the FORMER QBs like MVP Rich Gannon said they wondered what took so long to make the QB change from dumb to intelligent.

Who do I believe - a limp wristed male cheerleader from Oregon State or a real man that used to play QB for a Superbowl team? I think the REAL man provides the better QB knowledge. Sorry!

I've never seen so much envy. it almost speaks for itself. Just out of curiosity since you're a HUGE Phil Savage fan - why was Phil so compelled to draft Quinn in round just a few shiney months after Dumb Ass threw 4 INTs at TB in his 3rd start? I'll bet it's because Dumb Ass was 0-3 and non-sparkworthy so the performance by him this last week wasn't really a surprise to anyone with brains and sobriety. Actually, you didn't even need to be sober to tell the difference. You're still bummed we beat Buffalo on the road by erasing a deficit the last time we got the ball. Go figure!

- Tom F. (As you can see - there's only a couple people left that read your mancrush on Dumb Ass. To me, they're too funny to pass up on. Every day feels like Valentines Day and I feel like Cupid instigating you to put your Lancelot armour on for him. It's absolutely adorable!)

LOL, a new low for the Rainbow Oregonians. So now incomplete passes are reason for praise upon DA.

LOL, a new low for the Rainbow Oregonians. So now incomplete passes are reason for praise upon DA.

BTW, that was actually not a drop. The defender had his hand in there, although Braylons could have hung onto the deflection.

He's had about 25-30 worse drops than that this year.

Quinn put up 30 and 29 points his first two weeks while DA was sniffing 11 points a game.

If the best you can do is bitch and moan about BE dropping passes, just remember Quinn played with the same guys DA did.

1 and 2 with the "perfect Cockpit" that only needed a leader like BQ and against 3 of the worst 3 pass defenses. DA 0 and 3 with one of the worst football teams Cleveland has seen. Kind of a wash really.

BQ played well against the great Denver Bronco defense. Not very good the other 2 games. He deserves more of a look than that but to use those 3 games to be happy about BQ is really funny. He has shown that he can manage a game 1 out of 3 games. That is about as consistant as DA.

I am not saying DA is the answer, his days in Cleveland are done after this year. End of discussion. But, BQ is not treated the same as DA. He has not shown that he is the answer. But, he has only had 3 games so we should all wait until after next season before we jump on the bandwagon or jump off it.

I am in the wait and see mode. DA is not the answer. Is BQ? I don't know. So far I am not even close to sold. The good news for the Browns is that they can give BQ a couple of season before they start because the Browns fans will give them a bye based on the fact that it is BQ they are starting. You may think I am wrong, but it does not seem that way. BQ will get a pass for at least an entire year and probably longer as long as he shows flashes. And he will show flashes.

For the Browns sake I really hope that BQ turns out to be half as good as many think he is. At least I am confident they will give him his fair shot at it. Having 11 starting QBs in 10 years is rather crazy.

As far as DA. I hope he brings it like he did against the Giants and the Browns win today. Flugs, what makes you think the Giants did not bring it on Monday Night football? Because DA played well against the super bowl champion? DA has PROVEN he can be great. And he has proven he can just totally suck. I am hoping for him not to suck and for the browns to win. Are you? Or would you just perfer a higher draft pick?

Guest Masters
Flugs, what makes you think the Giants did not bring it on Monday Night football? Because DA played well against the super bowl champion? DA has PROVEN he can be great. And he has proven he can just totally suck. I am hoping for him not to suck and for the browns to win. Are you? Or would you just perfer a higher draft pick?

I'll tell you why I think the G-Men didn't bring it that game. Over confidence. That was a total trap game after the way they lit up CLE in the preseason. I think they took CLE lightly, expecting to dominate the way they did in that preseason game, and it bit them in the ass. It happens to teams on every level.

By no means to I mean to take away from what CLE and DA did. They took advantage of it, like they should. But the GMen phoned that game in from the start and it quickly got out of hand on them. They learned from that game, obviously.

I'd like DA to play well over the next few games. If for no other reason than to make him a more viable trade piece. Because the way he has played since the back half of last season, to now, is lower his value to next to nothing.

Archived