THE BROWNS BOARD

Crennel 0-7 v's Pittsburgh

flipflop

Soon to be 0-8. If anyone thinks he shouldnt be fired on that alone please explain.

Absolutley BUT why does this excuse QBs like Dilfer, Frye, and Dumb Ass and LBers like Andra Davis (payraise), D'Qwell Jackson, Kam Wimbley and whoever has been healthiest between Willie McGinest and Antwaan Peek starting?

Don't you see personnel heavily favoring Pittsburgh here?

Which one of our Safeties is better than Pollyneedsahaircut?

Name ONE, just 1 LBer of our's that could START for Pittsburgh. I can't either my friend.

And if I said 4 years of Casey Hampton vrs 1 contest with Shaun Rogers on our Nose - who would you say wins the BETTER Apex throughout most of the 0-7? So basically they've had an All Pro Nose tackle for all 7 matchups while we've had our first All Pro Nose tackle this year.

I think it's crystal clear Hines Ward is a lot more reliable WR than Edwards so that leaves Stallworth vrs Santonio Holmes. I'd take Holmes like the perennial playoff team.

Who's got the better running game and oline every year and this year?

Seriously, if we simply swapped Head Coaches what team would win? I'll take the team with Dick Lebeau and the better personnel and so would you if we're being honest. Even that one beatdown on Christmas Eve, Bill Cowher wasn't going to turn Charlie Frye into the winning Qb that day even though I doubt we would have gotten smoked that bad if we had Cowher (with OUR talent vrs their's). As much as everyone hated Palmer & Davis - we beat Pitt BEFORE they added Roethlisberger and we added RAC, which also means BEFORE we added Savage. Now they have a BIGGER personnel advantage since they understood the Qb position was more important than our brass continues to consider it to be. After 4 years of body by Dumb (DA), Dumber (RAC) and Dumbest (Opie) - we might as well put up a sign on our stadium that reads "Proud to be Owned by the Pittsburgh Steelers" because i haven't seen otherwise since we're calling Savage good enough.

- Tom F. (Do we remove 1 just symptom or attack the entire staff infection including Mr Savage? We've already whiffed on Head Coaches but at some point I have to see more than 1 or 2 talented players on our defense in order to buy into it's only coaching hurting this team)

This is the MAIN factor in my disgust with Homely-O. Even Chris Palmer and Butchie Wootchie Davis beat Pittshole. I want a coach that can beat Pittsburgh. Whoever that is, get his ass to C-Town stat.

Doug

This is the MAIN factor in my disgust with Homely-O. Even Chris Palmer and Butchie Wootchie Davis beat Pittshole. I want a coach that can beat Pittsburgh. Whoever that is, get his ass to C-Town stat.

Doug

I don't think anyone disagrees about the Head Coach Doug. I would like to hear your opinion about HOW the personnel guy has done since Phil promised to do so much better in the draft. How'd he do at drafting Nose Tackles? He QUIT and finally stoped half-stepping in FA with has beens like Fisk and Washington. That took 4 years.

How's Savage done at LBer - which guy excites you about his presence on the field and ability to drill a balacarrier anywhere near the line of scrimmage? That ain't coaching - it's tesicles/manhood/character. That simple.

How many draftees besides a #3 overall are starting on the oline? Dline? Dline rotation?

Which DC would you prefer Dick LeBeau or the Granthom-Tucker football follies? Granthom got a raise when we ranked 31 against the run for 2 straight years - was that GOOD by Savage or does it make you wonder if he had a labotomy first?

While I agree the coaching has been largely disappointing except ranking FIRST in the AFC in average starting field position in 2007, I don't feel like Savage has brought ENOUGH good players to this franchise so I think we need to treat the entire infection as opposed to 1 chubby symptom.

I KEPT hearing how bad Butch Davis sucked the first time I heard Phil speak so I'm surprised he gave raises to Andra Davis, Ryan Tucker, Phil Dawson and I'm also surprised he felt compelled to STILL look to guys like Sean Jones, Kellen Winslow, Ryan Pontbriand, and Steve Heiden as important players on game day. I kept hearing we didn't have any good players or a core group. Truth is in 2002, we were planning our entire defense around Jamir Miller's skills off the edge - one year after leading the conference in INTs because of his Pro Bowl pass rush. Candy Bones Brown was injured on and off like always while Jamir blew out his achilles. I see that Pittsburgh playoff game playing out much differently with a healthy Jamir Miller. Are we THAT good on defense today? Do we have a Pro Bowl pass rusher? Are we close to ranking first in the AFC at INTs? Seriously, in 2001 we were coming off 5-27 football and we LED the conference in something important like INTs while in 2002 we made the playoffs. We ain't even CLOSE to playoff football today so the brass seems more lost today than it was then regardless of the multiplicity of excuses for Opie I hear today.

"Aw Shucks" sucks! I'm waiting for Opie to put his next spin on the next Pittsburgh game: "Aw shucks - we came in second place today. Another 33 points and we beat the first placed team in their own dump. I LOVED the way we finished. Derek looked like he got his confidence back after the 3rd interception."

- Tom F. (Next time anyone plays chess - don't use your rooks, bishops, horses or Queen against your opponent but make sure they're at full strength. Let me know how easy it is to matchup and you can get an idea of what playing Pittsburgh is like with Savage's personnel choices. You can't beat real teams with just pawns)

Archived