THE BROWNS BOARD

Only two College coaches I'd want

Solon16

his offense wouldn't work in the NFL, not only because defenses are too fast and smart, but also because it's based on a rule difference between college and the pros. in college, offensive linemen are allowed to be downfield when there's a forward pass thrown. in the pros, it's a penalty.

and his name is urban meyer, not myers. you might want to get his name right before you call for him to become our coach.

his offense wouldn't work in the NFL, not only because defenses are too fast and smart, but also because it's based on a rule difference between college and the pros. in college, offensive linemen are allowed to be downfield when there's a forward pass thrown. in the pros, it's a penalty.

and his name is urban meyer, not myers. you might want to get his name right before you call for him to become our coach.

oye forgettaboutit... whatever you say Rubin salvatore manglioso

Meyer beats his rivals(everywhere he's been right out of the gate) and hasn't stopped, is a very good friend of belicheck and have been for years, Good judge of talent and isn't afraid of starting rookies, make good decisions on clock,timeouts and always has flexible scheme, makes great adjustments at half and during the games, And is currently putting 38 points against heated rival in the freaking DOWNpour, the Cleveland vs pitt games this year Half of this pour. anyway it's 7 min left in third qtr.

He'd adapt anykind of offense to fit in the nfl unlike spurrier....P.s sorry I didn't see missing the e...my bad!

Meyer beats his rivals(everywhere he's been right out of the gate) and hasn't stopped, is a very good friend of belicheck and have been for years, Good judge of talent and isn't afraid of starting rookies, make good decisions on clock,timeouts and always has flexible scheme, makes great adjustments at half and during the games, And is currently putting 38 points against heated rival in the freaking DOWNpour, the Cleveland vs pitt games this year Half of this pour. anyway it's 7 min left in third qtr.

He'd adapt anykind of offense to fit in the nfl unlike spurrier....P.s sorry I didn't see missing the e...my bad!

I'd love to see Cribbs and Quinn and Harrison in his offense

Yeah, it seems he's on every team's board in need of a coach.

Notre Dame boards convinced they'll get him if Weis bombs tonight. Something about a brother's friend, who played golf with Holtz, who talked to Meyer, who said he wanted the ND job all long but felt his kids were too young for national travel, or he wasn't ready as a coach, or some nonsense.

His offense would work in the NFL...it would have to be tweaked, but he is smart enough to do that. The NFL is fast, but the SEC is pretty darn fast....sooner or later the entire NFL is going to be running a offense of some variation...you guys have to think out of the box....there was a time when teams didn't think you could throw the ball and win.

That said..leave my coach alone.

I want him in Gainesville for years and years. I have nearly given up on the Browns doing much in the remainder of my lifetime, so I might as well watch my alma mater have a kick ass football team on Saturdays.

Go Gators!!

While I don't disagree Saban is mostly for Saban, I don't think the other stuff.

I think big time coaches are beginning to see the top college jobs are way better than any NFL job.

You have a nice campus life, you can pick any player you want...at least try to get him, you have to deal with a AD or college president which is easier than a owner, the fans are great, the money is great, players have to listen to you or you can pull the scholarship.

You have seen a few of these guys make the NFL jump, then get out pretty darn fast, and it wasn't because they sucked as coaches...it because they know where the quality of life is..where the control is

It's ridiculous to say any college coach would succeed at the NFL level at this point. There is just history of it AT ALL.

Give up the fancy college coach idea and let's focus on top coordinators, guys who know the NFL and have track records of success.

In no particular order, my top 3: Spagnola, Rivera, Ryan.

Archived