THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Brady Quinn

Guest ATENEARS

After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

of course quinn has more value than DA are you saying we should trade anyone with any value in order to be a better team? what sense does this make?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course quinn has more value than DA are you saying we should trade anyone with any value in order to be a better team? what sense does this make?

You have to trade value in order to get value.

If the Browns as an organization truly valued Quinn they would have been starting him at the start of the season. Right now the man is a question mark. There might be another team out there who thinks more of him than Cleveland does and maybe they are willing to pay for it.

If we are going to be the next Miami or Atlanta of the league and turn ourselves around I'm saying we should consider all options.

yeah keep Anderson. What a great idea. Pay a crappy backup QB the kind of money good starters get. Brilliant!

Oh and trade Quinn (judging him after three starts, two and a half games with a broken finger) but keep BE? is this even worth replying to?

Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

Dorsey for starter in 2009 :) Cribbs will become the GM and we will get my nephew to coach the team.

Look really guys we have been doing this argument for like 2-3 years now. lol. I have been on the fence most of the way. I am really just looking at the thing we need is a good coach and time for him to put in a system. Just so you know good chance if we get a new coach I think you will see a lot of trades and personel changes. So everyone may see their guy kicked off the team.

I'm so tired of the "it takes a few years for a coach to implement his system and offense".

Bullshit. It takes 1 freaking year or LESS to make a dramatic impact. It's happening all across the NFL.

If the coach blows by midway through the second year you start over. Lerner is a fuking idiot for allowing this regime to go on for 4 years like this.

Guest ATENEARS
Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

Let me ask you something;

Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

Guest ATENEARS
He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

1. Because using a 6th rounder to get something higher than a 6th rounder would be a better ROI (since you can't theoretically get a better/higher pick than #1, rd 1 - but if you could, I'd be interested in hearing how). What good is wasting 2 years on a rd 1 pick to go get another equally untested rd 1 pic to waste another 2 years with and then "trade back into round 1" ??? That's called Al Davis 101.

2. Because we don't need a trade to "move back up in the draft." 16 games of pure shit QB'ing with a single epic Giants Monday Nighter got us right back to familiar draft country: right behind Detriot, Oakland, and KC.

He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

Let me ask you something;

Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

Let me give you an answer!

No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

Hello Browns fans

I want to start out my first post by saying I think the way DA plays is just pitiful and I don't want to spend another sunday watching him play but...

As poor as our coaching staff is

would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

Jibz

Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

Anyone can say "So-and-so will be better than so-and-so" and be correct about it.

Just so happens that Couch was a rookie on one of the worst teams in NFL history, and Brees has had the luxury of playing with some of the game's best players under great coaches.

I'd say you got lucky on your prediction.

shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

You think Quinn was only as good as Fitzpatrick? I think you need to watch a few more Bengals games.

Quinn hasn't had a chance to 'do shit' yet. When he has played 16 games in this league then you can start to talk about whether or not he hasn't done shit.

Guest ATENEARS
Let me give you an answer!

No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

Why don't you watch it all fall down from FAR away! Noone cares what you think. Your vested interest is GONE and you are DISMISSED!

Guest ATENEARS
Of course Quinn is still about potential. He's had one healthy start in the NFL and had the best debut in Browns history with a passer rating over 100.

I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

Guest ATENEARS
So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

I agree, Lumbergh makes some damn god points.

We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

You're too nice, I woulda ripped me a new one for f--king the timeline up like that.

Honestly tho, I was just thinking Adrian Peterson 2 years ago. Or Thomas, in a worst case scenario. I wanted the Browns to build the team up before throwing a rookie QB in the mix and destroying him like we did to Couch.

I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. :rolleyes:

you honestly cant think that breaking a finger is a reason for trading BQ. that has to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen. you my freind are a moron.

Archived