THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Brady Quinn

Guest ATENEARS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is precisely a zero percent chance that Brady Quinn won't be the starting quarterback of the Browns next season... unless his legs fall off, which is possible since we're talking about the Browns.

I can see the haedlines now:

"Browns qb gets surgery to repair tendon in finger at the Cleveland Clinic, gets double staph infection in both knees, loses leg and throwing arm."

Lets trade all and sundry and just get some replacements ... also, let us have another giant flattron installed in the stadium and improve the speakers.

Then for every game we can parallely show a new movie in the flattron screen so that when the game starts to suck, we can watch the movie ... that way we can get our moneys worth :P

I dont know if I want the Browns to build around Quinn. How about building a great football team all around? If Quinn turns out to be a great QB that will make it even better. If he sucks, we can get someone else to do the job and still win.

Well said. The FREAKIN Steelers were winning the division with guys like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Neil O'Donnell by doing exactly what you're talking about.

When we had GOOD management - we planned our entire team around getting and staying better than them in the 80s. I hope the upgrade understands how important that is.

There was a time we were SO GOOD at it - they decided the BEST head Coaches to hire were the ones that cut their NFL teeth in Cleveland: Noll and Cowher.

Only seems right we LAND Cowher since this was the place that catapulted a very success career path for Cowher.

- Tom F.

Name one.

1. Lumbergh pulls on DA's wanker more than Atenears. That is the one good point and all we need to know.

End of story.

Atenears bitches about the anti-DA threads so he starts his own anti-BQ thread where he wants to trade everyone. LMAO. You do a nice job setting up a message board, stick to that rather than your supposed well-thought posts.

so much for my idea of peace on the boards with both qbs out...still love the fact u guys are pushing DA like he was walking on water in that game...how many TD's did he drive down the field and score? We kept Manning from scoring a TD...held them bascally to a fieldgoal....and couldn't win. The only TD scored in the game just so happened to involve the golden beaver. I cannot wait until this season is over.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winslow and Stallworth go to GB for Greg Jennings. I don't know how likely that is, but Jennings is a sold receiver. Go back to a 4-3 and move Wimbley back to DE and Beau Bell should start. I think Harrison and a smaller fast RB could switch off and get the job done. Also, I say bring in a 2 QB system using primarily Quinn or Anderson but Cribbs take maybe 40% of the snaps. Pick up a young but experienced LB and S and Draft one of each in the first round if possible.

....and of course a new coach. I'm on board for Cowher, Russ Grimm, or Marty.

I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. :rolleyes:

At least get something right....he broke his finger in his 2nd start. As far as DA's 3rd start, I believe he threw 4 INTS and lost to a bad TB team. Pretty much set the tone for DA's career here.

:rolleyes:

I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. :rolleyes:

No, DA injured his finger AND his MCL, all in the very same game.....so the point you make is pointless. LOL

Now, don't all go getting your panties in a bunch ... hear me out.

I'm sorry but Brady Quinn just doesn't have stardom written all over him, IMO. The kid could be a good servicable QB, that won't make mistakes and could run a controlled offense. But that shit is a bore and he's a dime-a-dozen in reality.

However, he could still gardener a First Round Draft pick. Together with our First Rounder, we could even get to the #1 overall again (and blow the pick a third time, but that's a different story).

Bring in a solid vet at QB through Free Agency (no names mentoned), and start focusing on building a defense. We still need a stud running back (Harrison? Please, I said "stud"), and we need probably two+ stud LB's and a couple of other front seven guys that like to eat glass and shit wood.

I have many on here discounting DA because he wasn't gonna be the-shit, ever. Well, just who on this team is? Let's face-it, either a player on this team is in Camp-Crennel, or in DA's Camp, or both. When we start cleaning those two out, we are going to have to dig deeper because there are going to be plenty of poor attitudes. It's a rebuilding era again, with new coaches, wanting "their own players" ... let's sell the farm club and stock pile picks.

Trade Cribbs too ... he's a PK/KR folks. He ain't a WR, he ain't a QB ... he's a special teams player that can draw a crowd on the market.

Trade Harrison. Unload Winslow.

Keep Braylon (I hated typing that, but for now we must keep him). Keep the O-line intact, for the most part. Build around Shaun Rogers. Keep the two young corners around, but bring in new blood as depth and to push-em. Get a knock-out Safety (yet another need through the draft).

Brady Quinn is average ... let's start over for real.

If there was an Internet god, he would take this site away from you for starting this absurd post.

If there was an Internet god, he would take this site away from you for starting this absurd post.

LOL, meanwhile, he's bitching out the board's best poster on another thread for knowing the board's controls too well.

When will you guys learn, this is what he do.

Guest Aloysius
LOL, meanwhile, he's bitching out the board's best poster

Where did Stan simultaneously attack you, John, Shep, and a couple other guys?

I must have missed that one ;)

Archived