THE BROWNS BOARD

The earliest I ever felt like talking about the draft.

calfoxwc

Guest Aloysius
makes me wonder how many workout warriors actually make it in the league. i'm guessing very few: vernon davis is nowhere near the player he should be, mike mamula was too often injured, vernon gholston hasn't even gotten on the field (though he's still a rook).

Just saw this blurb on Gholston:

For the first time, Mangini sounded frustrated by the slow development of rookie OLB Vernon Gholston, the sixth pick of this year's draft. "He had a significant shot (Sunday)," Mangini said tersely. "There were plays to be made." Gholston, in limited action, made two glaring mistakes. He got caught out of position on a bootleg pass completion, biting hard on an inside play fake. Later, he missed a chance for his first sack, hesitating and letting Jay Cutler out of the pocket for a long pass completion. Gholston showed little closing speed. Acknowledging frustration, the rookie, who has no sacks, said: "You look at the sack total for yourself and you wish you had some, but there have been a lot where I've been close. The thing with sacks, once you get that first one, you keep on rolling."

The Cleveland Browns 2009 Draft:

Round 1: Rey Maualuga (He is a fricken beast, think Ray Lewis/Polamalu hybrid!)

Round 2: Phil Loadholt (Right Tackle, Oklahoma)

Round 3: Best Corner Available

Round 4: Rashad Jennings (Runningback, Liberty)

Round 5: Will Davis (DE, llinois)

Round 6: Lovon Ponder (SS, Miami)

Round 7: some awesome Phil savage Prospect (round 7 is his best one so far, I think Hall and Mcdonald came in round 7)

okay, so gholston's been on the field but has made no positive impact. his combine numbers say he should be destroying half the planet right now and fighting mecha-gholston.

as for johnson, if he breaks 4.5, he's going top 10, and not to us. 4.5-4.65 will put him somewhere in the top 20. and, unlike percy harvin, johnson's workout pics are terrifying. the way his arms are curled kinda makes him look like a little person.

Archived