THE BROWNS BOARD

What do we have to do to get Plaxico Burress?

bugzilla

The absolute number one thing this team needs to get back on track (assuming Romeo is already out as coach) is to get rid of Braylon Edwards and replace him with a wide receiver that can catch balls that hit him in the hands. I'm thinking we can get a good deal on Plaxico Burress. He's a troublemaker and drama queen, but we need someone who can catch. Any ideas on how we can get him? Is there going to be a better wideout available next year?

The absolute number one thing this team needs to get back on track (assuming Romeo is already out as coach) is to get rid of Braylon Edwards and replace him with a wide receiver that can catch balls that hit him in the hands. I'm thinking we can get a good deal on Plaxico Burress. He's a troublemaker and drama queen, but we need someone who can catch. Any ideas on how we can get him? Is there going to be a better wide out available next year?

After he gets out of prison? Its a mandatory sentence in NYC for carrying an unlicensed handgun.

BITE YOUR TONGUE !!!!!!!

What are you looking for a role model for Winslow ?

We DO NOT NEED Plaxico Buress. We have enough to contend with, let alone adding insult to injury.

I'm thinking he and T.O. would be something the Cowboys deserve.

Plaxico Burress... God.. That guy is another waste of talent... Throw him in the same barrel with TO, & Ocho Cinco de mayo and throw 'em over the Niagra falls. Plaxico is another guy whos priority is not the NFL, but what the NFL can do for him off the field. Many of these guys look at the NFL or any pro team as a means to live a lavish life style with no consequences.

I highly doubt Plaxico will serve any jail time. If he does, I will be suprised.

This is why I think owners and management need to be protected from players. Contracts need to be based on performance. Rookies need to have a max cap on their first 2 years IMO. They need to prove that they are worth extending money too. These unproven rookies holding out for money is ridiculous.

Plaxico Burress... God.. That guy is another waste of talent... Throw him in the same barrel with TO, & Ocho Cinco de mayo and throw 'em over the Niagra falls.

While I agree we shouldn't sign him, Plaxico, Ocho Cinco and TO aren't wastes of talent, per se. In the right situation, they make good offenses special. We are, unfortunately, not in that right situation.

I opened this thread thinking someone was having some fun. Un-fucking-believable if this was actually a serious post.

Is there going to be a better wideout available next year?

Anquan Boldin.

Arguably better than Burress, comes without the baggage, great team player, solid work ethic (back in games just a couple weeks after having his hole face reassembled - as opposed to skipping out on practice for an entire season last year due to some phantom injury that never seemed to be there come gameday,) and what's that other thing I was trying to think of?......hmmm...

Oh, yeah.....

HE WON'T BE A GUEST OF THE STATE.

The absolute number one thing this team needs to get back on track (assuming Romeo is already out as coach) is to get rid of Braylon Edwards and replace him with a wide receiver that can catch balls that hit him in the hands. I'm thinking we can get a good deal on Plaxico Burress. He's a troublemaker and drama queen, but we need someone who can catch. Any ideas on how we can get him? Is there going to be a better wideout available next year?

Come on that's Cincinnati`s Job in the ACF North. To take all the Criminal Rejects ! Not Cleveland ... we don't need two teams in our Division going there.

I opened this thread thinking someone was having some fun. Un-fucking-believable if this was actually a serious post.

The point of starting the thread was to show that the Browns most desperate need is a wideout to replace Braylon Edwards. Without another quality receiver we are going to have another dismal year in '09. It's so desperate that I'd consider busting Burress out of jail to get someone on the field who can catch a ball that hits them in the hands once out of a thousand times. At this point I don't care how much drama a player brings. Just someone who can catch a damn ball!

Bake a cake with a hacksaw in it. I like Vick better as an acquisition. It would be a fitting fate for him to play for a bad organization, surrounded by thousands of angry paople in dog masks out for his blood.

Best post ever.

Regards

..... an'at

Bake a cake with a hacksaw in it. I like Vick better as an acquisition. It would be a fitting fate for him to play for a bad organization, surrounded by thousands of angry paople in dog masks out for his blood.

Oh my THAT is Hilarious !!!

WTF is going on today? First a post about Vick, then Plaxico? What the heck; why not OJ. I'll bet he'll have some gas left in the tank, and we could use a guy who knows how to knife through the competition.

Now there is a guy who could help more than Plex! What a slashing type runner he was! Nobody could cut like OJ. He probably would take a smaller contract since he already has money from selling his memorabilia and from licensing his wife's likeness as a Pez dispenser.

• 2 months later...
Drew Rosenhaus, who has represented Burress since he signed with the Giants four years ago, sent an e-mail to all 32 teams earlier this week in which he indicated Burress could be acquired via trade, according to three people informed of the contents of the e-mail.

Say what you want about this guy, but he made Eli Manning look like a great QB. Look at Eli without him.

via here.

Maybe we can hope Maurice Clarett gets out on probation before camp starts. He should be big enough to play DL.

Along with Plax and Vick, we can make a offer to Pacman and then bargain for Larry Johnson since Mangini and Pioli are such good friends.

Any other disgruntled cancers or convicts or over-the-hill hasbeens out there without a team.

My guess is, the next of this kind of silly thread will feature:

"Let's sign Mike Tyson as our enforcer linebacker, we need our defense to be meaner"

"sigh"

Say what you want about this guy, but he made Eli Manning look like a great QB. Look at Eli without him.

via here.

No effing way.

Isn't that what the Raiders and Cowboys are for, guys like this?

Wasn't he late for like 52 meetings and suspended for a week before he shot himself with the handgun he illegally smuggled into the nightclub?

Zombo

--Please.

Archived