THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson Out for the Year. Winslow Out vs Titans

Lumbergh

BEREA -- Quarterback Derek Anderson will miss the rest of the season with a torn left medial collateral ligament, the Browns announced today.

Anderson will not need surgery but will be in a brace for about 4-6 weeks. He will be placed on injured reserve soon.

Ken Dorsey will replace Anderson in the starting lineup and Josh Cribbs will serve as the second quarterback.

The Browns might also bring in a veteran quarterback, according to coach Romeo Crennel.

Dorsey, who's gone 2-8 as a starter, will face the 11-1 Titans on Sunday.

Kellen Winslow will also sit out the Titans game with a high left ankle sprain. He'll be in a walking boot for up to a week. It is not known yet whether or not he'll play again this season. Fellow tight end Darnell Dinkins missed last week with a high ankle sprain, but it responding well to treatment. It means rookie Martin Rucker will see more action.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...firm_qb_an.html

I am not a Anderson fan, but I would never root for someone to get hurt and think anybody that would chear him getting carried off the field needs to get a life.

With that, I think Anderson has played his last game in Cleveland and his trade value won't be what some would expect. Nobody is giving up a 1st rounder and a second rounder might be a stretch.

From Rotoworld:

Derek Anderson's MRI revealed a torn MCL in his left knee. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

Anderson doesn't need surgery and will be 100 percent by spring OTAs, but his trade value has all but vanished. While big armed, D.A. has exceptionally poor touch on his short-to-intermediate throws and is too streaky for any NFL team to rely on as a starter without competition. The Browns may even be forced to cut him due to a $5M roster bonus he's due next spring if they can't find any takers before that. He's sure to resurface, but perhaps only as a backup

To me, and the rest of objective Browns Fans I'd suspect, their assessment on his future is, unfortunately, dead-on.

If the Browns want to get out of the bonus, they'll have to cut Anderson, because nobody's gonna pay it. Nobody.

You're wrong. Either Anderson will get traded or he will finish out his contract with the Browns. It will depend on who the coach is though.

And seriously shep, after 2 years of your terrible QB prognostications haven't you learned to quit making claims about the future?

You're wrong. Either Anderson will get traded or he will finish out his contract with the Browns. It will depend on who the coach is though.

And seriously shep, after 2 years of your terrible QB prognostications haven't you learned to quit making claims about the future?

Give it up DA fag Your lover boy is finished here!

Archived