THE BROWNS BOARD

WEs Welker gets de cleated!

SuperSteelers

Awesome, I'd love to see what Clark could do to one of the Grammatica brothers with a 5yd start when they weren't looking either! :rolleyes:

It's a shame Pollymouthfull tipped it, or it would have been a good clean hit. As it stands, and since Ryan "XFL" Clark knew the ball wasn't getting to Welker, it's a cheap shot.

Typical Steeler cheap shot. Ball wasn't even close to him. Suspend him.

Those cheap shots have created an intimidating defense for years in Pittsburgh - the core behind our 5 championship rings.

Its a shame that pussy NFL viewers consider this hit cheap - oh well - all I can say is lookout on December 28th because there are more cheap shots coming!

Alert the media! Yet ANOTHER unflagged dirty cheap shot from a Pittshole cretin. Is this supposed to be a surprise?

The officials love for the Rooneys payoffs are legendary.

Doug

I played Free Safety and Strong Safety in HS and College. I know when to deliver a hard hit like that, and when to just punish the guy. I would be very impressed if he took on a TE or larger WR like Moss. But he hit him when he knew it was not a ball in play.

He'll be fined. I love hard hitting mofo's. I get pumped up more with big hits than I do great passes. But this was a tad over the line and I suspect that player knows it. I am sure he knows it. Anyone who lays the wood knows when they took a good shot and a cheap shot.

This was a cheap shot - borderline, but a cheap shot.

When a WR doesn't get all gator armed and puts himself on the line like that, you have a right to hit him, but I just feel he should have used better judgement and not went so high on the guy.

Pittsburgh gets an undeserved label as cheap shot artists....they're hard hitters and deserve to be the #1 D. There's a difference between aggressive and cheap and I suspect Pitt fans know the difference.

Just an FYI bro - he got flagged 15 yards for that hit.

Ahhight. Nevermind. I didn't bother watching the clip. I just assumed the Squeeler thug got away with it like they always do.

DWJ

I imagine the intent was to show Welker he would not be allowed to play the middle without consequence. IE: next time he goes there, he'll likley drop the ball - like someone else we all know - for anticipating the hit after the catch. In hockey we used to hit in the middle to keep guys out of the crease area, make them nervous about hanging there and they'll stay out.

Nonetheless, it was a cheap shot. Too high, too much, no where near a play or the ball. I'm sure the Steeler bench got all fired up over it, but Welker is a class act and great player. That kind of shit will turn this game into the XFL with guys names like 'whodunnit' on their jerseys. You want that crap, go watch WWF.

I'm sure the Steeler bench would react different if Hines Ward were barrel rolled like that.

I imagine the intent was to show Welker he would not be allowed to play the middle without consequence. IE: next time he goes there, he'll likley drop the ball - like someone else we all know - for anticipating the hit after the catch. In hockey we used to hit in the middle to keep guys out of the crease area, make them nervous about hanging there and they'll stay out.

Nonetheless, it was a cheap shot. Too high, too much, no where near a play or the ball. I'm sure the Steeler bench got all fired up over it, but Welker is a class act and great player. That kind of shit will turn this game into the XFL with guys names like 'whodunnit' on their jerseys. You want that crap, go watch WWF.

I'm sure the Steeler bench would react different if Hines Ward were barrel rolled like that.

Happened in the Bengal game . Holmes got absolutely "lit up" ,plus it was helmet to helmet .No flag ..The Steelers bench had no reaction to the Bengal player .They went to help a "very wobbly" teammate and that was it . This is a contact sport ..Funny how the NFL glorifies BIG HITS and fans talk about them all the time .Yet when an opponent "lays the wood" to someone ..it's because they are "cheap".Hines Ward HAS been hit like that in the past ,he accepts it as part of the game ..Your opinion is jaded due to your dislike of the Steelers I suppose ... Best hit since Turkey Jones on Bradshaw :P Which is the only thing a Brown's fan over the past 35+ years ever talks about when discussing Browns/Steelers games

Happened in the Bengal game . Holmes got absolutely "lit up" ,plus it was helmet to helmet .No flag ..The Steelers bench had no reaction to the Bengal player .They went to help a "very wobbly" teammate and that was it . This is a contact sport ..Funny how the NFL glorifies BIG HITS and fans talk about them all the time .Yet when an opponent "lays the wood" to someone ..it's because they are "cheap".Hines Ward HAS been hit like that in the past ,he accepts it as part of the game ..Your opinion is jaded due to your dislike of the Steelers I suppose ...

Well there was a slight difference there, Holmes actually caught the ball and was tackled, Welker's shot came after the ball was tipped and on the ground 10 yards away from Welker.

ANY hit that isn't in the back or lead with the helmet is a CLEAN hit.

Whether or not the hit is necessary is a different question.

Should we penalize clean hits that are unnecessary?

Yep, it's called "Unecessary Roughness"...

No play on the ball.

Defenseless receiver.

Defender could have tried to pull up... But didn't.

What if Welker had suffered a life threatening or debilitating injury... Still ok?

I like big hits, blocks etc... But that was Unecessary

Well there was a slight difference there, Holmes actually caught the ball and was tackled, Welker's shot came after the ball was tipped and on the ground 10 yards away from Welker.

Watch the video. Welker's head hits the ground at the same time the ball does. I am sick of hits like this being penalized. As one who watched the Steelers-Browns games in the 70's I can say that if they threw flags on hits like that back then, there would have been penalties on both teams on half the plays. Guys would have paid more than their salary in fines. Maybe they should just tie pink ribbons around QBs and receivers so everyone knows they are not to be hit. Let them play the game. Flag for a late hit but not for good aggressive football. Remember, Turkey Jones' famous sacking of Bradshaw, which fractured his collar bone and put him out for weeks, wasn't even flagged and I don't remember anyone complaining much about it.

And what is unnecessary roughness anyway? Since it's the Cheatriots, other teams have to be brutal to overcome their espionage, making all roughness necessary. :lol:

Cheap shot on a defenseless receiver after the pass was already for sure incomplete. That's what they call dirty. Typical Pittsburgh.

Your a typical Dumbarse... The ball was tipped in Flight, Clark seen the trajectory , knew he wasn't gonna beat the ball there and When for the Hit. Its called FOOTBALL. If your DBs thought like this your pass D would be all the better for it ! Seems I just seen Crocker bust one of our Receivers like this a couple weeks back... He didn't stay in Cleveland ??? Must have wanted to PLAY FOOTBALL !

Watch the video. Welker's head hits the ground at the same time the ball does. I am sick of hits like this being penalized. As one who watched the Steelers-Browns games in the 70's I can say that if they threw flags on hits like that back then, there would have been penalties on both teams on half the plays. Guys would have paid more than their salary in fines. Maybe they should just tie pink ribbons around QBs and receivers so everyone knows they are not to be hit. Let them play the game. Flag for a late hit but not for good aggressive football. Remember, Turkey Jones' famous sacking of Bradshaw, which fractured his collar bone and put him out for weeks, wasn't even flagged and I don't remember anyone complaining much about it.

And what is unnecessary roughness anyway? Since it's the Cheatriots, other teams have to be brutal to overcome their espionage, making all roughness necessary. :lol:

Hey, inbred steeler fag. The only thing I have to look forward to in Football the rest of the season is to see you inbreds lose in the playoffs. I hope you make it far, and then lose. It will give me satisfaction.

WHEN FOOTBALL was FOOTBALL... not this Candy coated surgery Offensive Extravaganza ! I played Safety and we blasted EVERYBODY... if you passed up a Hit like that Our coach would freaking be waiting on the Sideline to Hit YOU !!

Your a typical Dumbarse... The ball was tipped in Flight, Clark seen the trajectory , knew he wasn't gonna beat the ball there and When for the Hit. Its called FOOTBALL. If your DBs thought like this your pass D would be all the better for it ! Seems I just seen Crocker bust one of our Receivers like this a couple weeks back... He didn't stay in Cleveland ??? Must have wanted to PLAY FOOTBALL !

Nah...Clark didn't "see the trajectory and think he wasn't going to get there before the ball." What he saw was an oppurtunity to injure a defenseless receiver after the ball wasn't caught and he thought he could get away with it. And he did. But it's still dirty.

My point is, Clark knew the pass was going to be incomplete. He made the decision to try and injure Welker anyway.

There's a fine line between playing dirty and playing hard, and YINZ cross that line with regularity every game.

Nah...Clark didn't "see the trajectory and think he wasn't going to get there before the ball." What he saw was an oppurtunity to injure a defenseless receiver after the ball wasn't caught and he thought he could get away with it. And he did. But it's still dirty.

There's a fine line between playing dirty and playing hard, and YINZ cross that line with regularity every game.

Dude you are a Puzzy.... And need to watch WWF..its all scripted ...nobody will get "Hurt"... These guys KNOW what they signed up for. DEFENSE is "Wicked and mean", dude ...or...its ineffective !!! and btw ...no way..shape or form did Clark "TRY" to injure Welker ! Its called FOOTBALL...a Tight game against a good team and every 1st down counts !

Was it unnecessary? Sure...

Was it a good play? Hell yeah! That is the kind of play the Browns NEVER make...and why other teams run roughshod over the middle of our defense.

It wasn't to the head....it wasn't late...but it certainly sent the message...and the only message the Browns LB's and DB's are sending is "come on in...waters fine".

HIT PEOPLE. After a while they don't come over the middle. If they start again. HIT THEM AGAIN!!!

Be honest...if that was a Browns player laying out a guy from any other team...we would be ooohing and aaahhing for month!!!

Was it a good play? Hell yeah! That is the kind of play the Browns NEVER make...and why other teams run roughshod over the middle of our defense.

It wasn't to the head....it wasn't late...but it certainly sent the message...and the only message the Browns LB's and DB's are sending is "come on in...waters fine".

HIT PEOPLE. After a while they don't come over the middle. If they start again. HIT THEM AGAIN!!!

Be honest...if that was a Browns player laying out a guy from any other team...we would be ooohing and aaahhing for month!!!

my point exactly. could not agree more

EXACTLY dude... You are Dead on. Thats my point to that other Guy. If you guys want the Browns D ..to be a Force. They have to instill FEAR in the Opponents ! Only way to do that is to HIT The POOP Outta them. Spin back to the Original Dawg-Pound D ! Them dudes were PRICKS !!! I Hated The Johnson LBS Minnefield...Felix Wright Clay Matthews ! Even Webster Slaughter ooohhh...I Hated them dudes....Slaughter was like Hines Ward a little Punk who ran around making plays and creating Havoc ! Get Mean ...the opponents KNOW its gonna be a Long Day!

I agree.

Doesn't mean it wasn't over the line or cheap. As I said when he can lay the wood like that to a TE or larger WR, I won't give him shit. He knew the ball wasn't going to be caught.

It was a good hit, just not a good clean hit.

Archived