THE BROWNS BOARD

Jump Ball to Braylon in the End Zone

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

We had the ball three times in or near the Red Zone Sunday, and not a single throw into the painted area. Why not?

What happened to the throw it up short and allow Braylon to stop, come back, and out leap the defender for a Touchdown pass? Him and DA worked on that play extensively in camp and preseason. They poorly executed it in a preseason or initial regular season game and then abandoned it completely. They even threw it up on the right sideline on one play and then completed it successfully on the opposite side on the next play.

Why all of a sudden has our playbook shrunk to the bare bones?

When you are losing games and hope left and right, why not pitch it out to Cribbs and let him throw, then next time show throw and tuck and run.

Why can this team never work on anything in the first half of games to set up the second half? Why can't we do things in the first half of a season to set up a run in the second half of the season?

Braylon and DA were so confident of that chemistry they created on the jumpo balls that you got the feeling they thought they could tell teams what they were going to do before the play and still complete it. WTF happened?

Did it all end with Braylon being cleated on the shoeless heel and DA's concussion?

Just bizaar when reflecting the confidence these guys had early on in camp.

Just bizaar when reflecting the confidence these guys had early on in camp.

This whole fukking season has been like a "Twilight Zone" marathon on the SciFi channel.

I'm just waiting for gumballs and crying squirrels to start falling from the sky.

What a depressing thread. I completely agree that DA and bray had some swagger in camp it seemed.. maybe they're sackless pussies who shrink when they get on the field, or maybe it was the concussion and heel injury. Either way something has changed and this feels like the annual browns, not like the preseason hyped browns. When's the draft? :\

I dont know, however, what is wrong with the Browns or with BE or DA or JL or anyone else. I wish Donte never got hurt and he was more a part of this offense than he is. I think it's all in BE's head, he drops a ball he hears the boos, the ball barely gets to his shoestrings and he hears the boos he catches the ball he hears the BS cheers. He shouldnt have these drops but he didnt have him last year (not this many or to this extent) Im going to say this year is the outlier and the exception not the rule, we'll see.

all this BS i read about getting rid of him is insane. wed then have stallworth and steptoe as the #'s 1 and 2, which is not ... uhh ... good.

The Giants game was fun to watch for exactly all you point out Atenears.

Imagination was gone shortly after that game. Watching that one made me believe they had a chance at the show and could pull some plays out when needed. They got much more than conservative after that game and lost any edge as the season went on. The plays with Cribbs or anything along those lines were way too few and far between. BE was not the go to guy after a short while, but they kept pushing that, expecting him to get his act together. RAC is too slow to make change and recognize the need. I really don't believe he'll ever be any coach. Let's not forget when he coached in New England and New York he did both alongside Bellichek who himself was a defensive guru - remember the Giants dynasty years with Parcels - Bellicheck was DC then. Not to stand on a Bellichek platform, I hate that schmuck - mainly for all his 'my way or the highway crap'. Will never get over that shit dropping Bernie as fast as he did.

This team had a spark when Frye was dropped, but lost it when DA felt the job was 'in the bag'. He was'nt even threatened by Quinn this season because he had RAC in his back pocket for so ridiculously long.

By the time RAC did what he had no choice but to do, the steam was gone. Season over. All there was was to watch BQ build for future. I swore off watching last week's game because I did'nty want to see the weak Browns of a few weeks prior to Quinn, all over again. I did anyway and guess what happened ....

Damn, I'm going to go drink drano.

I'm curious to see what Dorsey has to offer, although it means shit. I just don't care for another QB issue if Dorsey turns out to be the DA of last season and going into next season - providing another QB issue.

No clue.

The collossal implosion of this offense's ability to score has been horrific to watch. The only decent play we've run in the redzone in weeks was the TD by Cribbs. That's saying something if you have to resort to what was in effect a trick play to get across the goal line.

Very depressing.

This coaching staff refuses to think outside the box. And when they do, they do it in such a cheapass way that it implodes in their face, like running a completely obvious reverse, or only putting Cribbs in the backfield when they are about to run a trick play.

They aren't cut out to be coaching, and we're going to suffer for 4 more games? My lord, can them all and let the players run the asylum for a few weeks, it can't be any worse than this!

Pay Bernie 200 grand to coach us for 4 games, I bet we win at least 2 of em

Archived