THE BROWNS BOARD

Why cant we have "status" in this board like the old one?

DieHardBrownsFan

It's in phpbb, stan just needs to activate it.

Translation: You can't have it.

Regards

.... an'at

If this place sucks so much, why are you here?

Besides if memory serves me, its a simple radio button to click, with all the more important stuff he's been working on I'm sure it just slipped his mind, but by all means continue to be a self serving douchebag, after all time and time again you've proven it's what your best at...

Lighten up, Francis - it was a joke.

Relax....

Have a glass of zinfandel.....

Take a mydol.

Regards

.... an'at

Lighten up, Francis - it was a joke.

Relax....

Have a glass of zinfandel.....

Take a mydol.

I always figured you for a Pamprin kinda guy Chump.

That, Tampax and a good cry while watching Sleepless In Seattle in your doublewide.

Doug

It's in phpbb, stan just needs to activate it.

Regards

.... (gay saying censored)

If this place sucks so much, why are you here?

Besides if memory serves me, its a simple radio button to click, with all the more important stuff he's been working on I'm sure it just slipped his mind, but by all means continue to be a self serving douchebag, after all time and time again you've proven it's what your best at...

Okay mr <20> posts

snickerr

quote="Inspecta"]It's in phpbb' date=' stan just needs to activate it.[/quote']

Regards

Chuck, I can't believe the amount of time you spend on this board. You are meant to be a steelers fan and yet you obviously trawl through every thread on this board and comment on stuff like the status functionality of the forum. I don't get it. I bet you spend more time with your browns friends than you do on Stoolers boards. You are a real nusiance butting into every thread like an attention seeking little infant. You may think you are liked here, but I am certainly not one of the people who do. Can you start to just read the threads and not throw in your unwanted and unenteraining comments on everything. You are NOT part of the BROWNS community, so stop acting like you are.

Guest ATENEARS

I've combed through the phpbb controls and find no evidence that they have a setting comparable to our old grading system based on post counts.

Here, we have post counts and they also can not be manipulated such as the counter could in the old system, meaning that I can not go in and add 1700 posts to someones account who finished with 1700 in the old format.

If you want to add something in your signature line stating that you were a member since x-date and/or had 1700 posts that would be fine and perhaps a good identifier.

In some regard, I like that we have a clean fresh start. It's a new era, and we look forward to at least another five year run before we have to consider making any more changes. This place is 1,000-times larger in capacity than the old system, and all-in-all has been a fairly easy transition.

We will get around to adding custom emoticons and a few other inputs in the coming weeks, right now it's all about functionality and I think we've stayed ahead of the curve n that regards.

Thanks for your input though, if we can make the place more accomodating we will.

Do you need a refill on your coffee Squeeler fem?

In five years lets transition to Invision Power Board (based on php as well). Way more controls, including a "status" ranking system and many other goodies.

Stan, if you need any help with settings on this board I'd be glad to lend a hand. I'm an admin for an Invision board (www.ituroncavalry.com) and the controls are basically the same for phpbb, just a little stripped down. I'm not a programmer or anything though.

Guest ATENEARS
In five years lets transition to Invision Power Board (based on php as well). Way more controls, including a "status" ranking system and many other goodies.

Stan, if you need any help with settings on this board I'd be glad to lend a hand. I'm an admin for an Invision board (http://www.ituroncavalry.com) and the controls are basically the same for phpbb, just a little stripped down. I'm not a programmer or anything though.

Thanks Riceloft, I see that they could have converted from our Groupee/eve model as well. Oh well, we will keep them in mind for a future upgrade.

I've combed through the phpbb controls and find no evidence that they have a setting comparable to our old grading system based on post counts.

You might need to buy another comb, it's there. Pretty easy to get to also.

Yinz guys are the Cleveland Browns of forum administration.

Regards

.... an'at

(note: It's clear why the board is so screwed up - yinz are spending too much time doing dumb shit like using the word filter for an"at and banning all the usernames yinz don't like rather than working on the board)

Guest ATENEARS

Is it me or does Chuck seem really jealous this week?

You guys didn't lose on Sunday too did ya?

(Note: We have a super cool active secret site that we frequent all the time too, but we hang out here just for Chuck to tell us all about his super cool active Stiller site that this place steals him away from. Doh!)

Guest ATENEARS
You might need to buy another comb, it's there. Pretty easy to get to also.

Yinz guys are the Cleveland Browns of forum administration.

I wonder what this button does right here that reads, "Flush all Steeler Fans" ....

Regards

(note: It's clear why the board is so screwed up - yinz are spending too much time doing dumb shit like using the word filter for an"at and banning all the usernames yinz don't like rather than working on the board)

That's funny, for someone who acts like he knows everything about Message Board Admin controls, you'd think he would know that he could turn off the word filter in his own user control panel.

Is it me or does Chuck seem really jealous this week?

You guys didn't lose on Sunday too did ya?

(Note: We have a super cool active secret site that we frequent all the time too, but we hang out here just for Chuck to tell us all about his super cool active Stiller site that this place steals him away from. Doh!)

Hey - I'm trying to help yinz out.

The board looks like a dogs breakfast, maybe that's why the post count is DOA. Sorry if you can't take constructive criticism, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

The right way to roll a new board out is when it's ready. Not setting up bare-bones forums and letting it run while bells and whistles are put in place gradually over the next couple weeks. Still, yinz have time to block usernames and use the word filter to edit catch phrases.

I offered to help yinz out and only got radio silence. Cool, but don't bellyache when the post count stays at a minimum. Users won't generally complain, they'll just avoid the board.

Regards

.... an`at

The board looks like a dogs breakfast, maybe that's why the post count is DOA. Sorry if you can't take constructive criticism, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

It looks like dog breakfast? Why, because it ain't full of gay bells and whistles??? It's a freaking football discussion forum asswipe. Do you really think we are concerned about those members who don't want to register or frequent here because we don't have gay user-titles, custom emoticons, & smilies?

Did you ever think that maybe the bare bones forum part is all we really care about, and that those other gay qualities are just bones we throw the yappers from time-to-time to please them between star-trek reunions?

C'mon, I thought you Steeler fems were real football fans. Are you seriously mocking our forum because you can't build up to a witty title with your post count?

The censorship on your gay pittsburgh verses was to rattle your soft little cage. Thanks for playing, toy.

It looks like dog breakfast? Why, because it ain't full of gay bells and whistles??? It's a freaking football discussion forum asswipe. Do you really think we are concerned about those members who don't want to register or frequent here because we don't have gay user-titles, custom emoticons, & smilies?

Did you ever think that maybe the bare bones forum part is all we really care about, and that those other gay qualities are just bones we throw the yappers from time-to-time to please them between star-trek reunions?

C'mon, I thought you Steeler fems were real football fans. Are you seriously mocking our forum because you can't build up to a witty title with your post count?

The censorship on your gay Shittsburgh verses was to rattle your soft little cage. Thanks for playing, toy.

First, I didn't bring up the title thing - one of your members did.

Second, quality obviously doesn't matter to you. Whatever, I'm just trying to be a good guy here and help yinz out.

You would think a brand spanking new forum would get a burst of activity, but it's pretty dead here during the maiden voyage.

But hey - your forum, not mine.

Good luck

Regards

..... an`at

Guest ATENEARS

Do you two Steeler queers even own an NFL Team Fan Site?

The Browns Board began in an era that saw the team lose 11 games in the sites first year of exsistence, 12 the next, followed by 10 and another 12 losses in consecutive seasons. Even though we went 19-45 as a team through the first four years of our start-up we obviously did something right to become one of the fastest growing Cleveland Browns Fan Based Sites on the net.

Of wait ... here's one of those important qualities or two ....

According to Alexa.com, rankings among worldwide web sites is as follows:

The Browns Board is ranked #380,404

Stillers.com is ranked #424,643.

Here's some more real issues fan sites should be aware of besides "Bells & whistles"

Google Search Results:

Subject: Cleveland Browns Message Board

#1 Ranking - TheBrownsBoard.com

Subject: Pittsburgh Steelers Message Board

Page #2, 12th listing overall - Stillers.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yahoo Search results:

Page #6, Last listing on page #6 - Stillers.com

MSN search Results:

Gave up after searching through first dozen pages without finding Stillers.som

Wait ... before you leave, wipe my spew off your back and pull up your pants.

Guest ATENEARS

I'm still laughing my ass off over here.

I can't believe those idiots were in here puffing out their chests like they know something about building a web site or message board from their knowledge on bells & whistles. Then they drop a site (stillers.com) to boast about, that doesn't even have a Page-1 search result ranking on any of the major three Search engines, let alone a #1 overall.

They called us the, "Cleveland Browns of forum administration", as if they were mocking us ... LMFAO!!!

That would put Admins from Stiller.com in the pee-wee league, by comparison. Seriously.

Hey, if Yinz need help getting on Page #1, dial 1-800-GOT-BELLS !!!

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Here's some news that really matters.

i realize you have a problem with reading.....

but you must, at minimum, use google translation or equivalent to convert the title of these threads into yinzer....

i think you meant to post this reply in the "no one gives a shit what you think" thread.

Here's some news that really matters.

Most successful NFL franchise since the AFL/NFL merger"

You Squeeler dorks and your arbitrary start dates are hilarious. This is the 4 millionth instance of one of you clods claiming football began in the early 70's.

And in any case you are incorrect. The San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys have both won 5 Championships in your specified time frame and none of their's were due to collusion with the officiating crew.

Doug

You forgot two things, Formerly Stone.

Cleveland Browns

Most Loyal fans in the NFL

Pittsburgh Steelers

Largest group of bandwagon fans across America in the NFL and possibly pro-sports. I'm beginning to think they rival the Yankees/Cowboys in frontrunner-ness.

Cleveland Browns

No history of dirty players/steroids accusations. Only history with refs is when the refs raped us by throwing out the rulebook, so we had to protest by showing how die-hard we are and throwing bottles.

Pittsburgh Steelers

So many steroids rumors/accusations abound about the 1970's Steelers that a former player admitted it by writing a book about the "False Glory."

The franchise in the NFL most widely known as having the refs win them games. Most recently, Brandon Jacobs made it known that they not only beat the Steelers but they beat the refs too. Multiple calls had their "victory" over the Seahawks in the Superbowl look less than legit, too.

Do you two Steeler queers even own an NFL Team Fan Site?

The Browns Board began in an era that saw the team lose 11 games in the sites first year of exsistence, 12 the next, followed by 10 and another 12 losses in consecutive seasons. Even though we went 19-45 as a team through the first four years of our start-up we obviously did something right to become one of the fastest growing Cleveland Browns Fan Based Sites on the net.

Of wait ... here's one of those important qualities or two ....

According to Alexa.com, rankings among worldwide web sites is as follows:

The Browns Board is ranked #380,404

Stillers.com is ranked #424,643.

Here's some more real issues fan sites should be aware of besides "Bells & whistles"

Google Search Results:

Page #2, 12th listing overall - Stillers.com

Yahoo Search results:

Page #6, Last listing on page #6 - Stillers.com

MSN search Results:

Gave up after searching through first dozen pages without finding Stillers.som

Wait ... before you leave, wipe my spew off your back and pull up your pants.

Hey - super, you're #1 out of the two major stains boards.

With this kind of traffic on the new site, that won't be for long.

And who said anything about Stillers.com? I don't even have an account over there.

Just like Tim Couch - as soon as yinz have a good thing, yinz'll ruin it.

Regards

.... an`at

Guest ATENEARS
Hey - super, you're #1 out of the two major stains boards.

With this kind of traffic on the new site, that won't be for long.

And who said anything about Stillers.com? I don't even have an account over there.

Just like Tim Couch - as soon as yinz have a good thing, yinz'll ruin it.

TRANSLATION: I didn't mention any other Steeler sites because I've spent the past hour searching for them in Google, Yahoo, & MSN and they didn't compare to TheBrownsBoards search result rankings either. But you should see our new smilies!

Guest Aloysius

If you're logged in & you click on this link, you can see the board members ranked based on post count.

I know it's not same as the "status" titles on the old board, but it does tell you who's been posting the most.

As of now, Bunker's got a pretty big lead in the rankings.

Archived