THE BROWNS BOARD

"Browns GM Phil Savage has no qualms about throwing coach Romeo Crennel under the bus to try and save his job."

JewDago

Some quotes from the ohio.com article:

''I've said it on this program a number of times,'' Savage said. ''Hey, my responsibility is the 53-man roster, and then it's Romeo and the rest of the coaching staff's decision how to utilize the 45 players that are dressed on Sunday. Who starts. Who plays. When they're gonna play. How they're gonna be utilized.

''If I'm going to get involved in those decisions, then I may as well put a headset on and double my salary.''

He said there were frustrations from some things that had happened on the field, but added: ''These were the guys that we've hired to go out and do a job. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone as well as we'd hoped for.''

''And I'm not talking about two years ago, when we basically didn't have much ability,'' Savage said. ''I'm talking about over the last two seasons when we had some talent, we had some ability to go out and be an NFL team. We just didn't show up. I don't know the explanation for that. We'll see what happens this next Sunday.''

the full article

the unnamed former player said:

''I hope Mr. [Randy] Lerner sees through that. Savage picked all the players. Romeo coaches the guys Savage gives him to coach. You get a bunch of kids and not enough smart leaders, then the inmates run the asylum. Does the coach run, catch, tackle, drop passes, blow plays? Who picks those players?''

''The decisions are made by the GM,'' he said. ''The coach coaches who is put in front of him. He doesn't have a choice.''

''I'm not saying RAC is free from question. It's just that everything is not based on the coach. Yes, at times it comes down to scheme, teaching. But if the exact same defense worked in New England, why is it so bad here?

''Look at New England's team. Smart, tough, team guys that play together. Cleveland has talented, young, prima-donna-filled, blown-assignment guys that don't play together or for a common goal. They pick up a paycheck."

it seems like we may need to blow it all up and start over. if any part of the franchise doesn't have the players' respect, it's impossible to win.

Maybe mr.soccer will do the right thing and fire them both on the other hand who is mr.soccer going to replace them with?

The unknown player is partly wrong rac did have some input on the players he wanted most of them are bench ornaments we all love so much..

I think chud and tucker have grand expectations that they will be next in line to inherit the job(like grantham) these kneejerk cobbleminded below mediocre talents need the boot as well and good ole rip thats a real piece of pittsburgh shit that needs to be sent back home effective last year..

I will have to see it to believe it first off i dont thik any real football people will want to work for a sniveling uninvolved owner who only hires people so he can pass the blame on them instead of his lack of intervention phil seems to have adapted the same methods goodbye to them all cant come soon enough for me but i fear lerner will make things worse rather than better.....

Does Savage even have the power to fire Crennel? If he's this displeased, why doesn't he?

He may be being harsh here, but I agree with Savage. There is a dickload of talent on this team outside of the linebacking group. who could probably even be better given a good scheme.

The only thing I blame Savage for is Crennel. Everyone always lists the personnel mistakes Savage has made, but you could easily go around the league and find just as much blemishes on any other GM's resume. And, given a coach to maximize talent, it might not look so bad.

Romeo Crennel is MAKING Phil Savage way worse than he is.

That must have been one big bus.

It's one of those Puerto Rican Wigger buses, they get the back end all the way up and roll him on on one of those mechanic skids after a coma eating fest.

It ain't easy bro, nor is it something you want to witness.

Urban legend has it that they would put the Krispy Kremes under the bus and he would bear crawl for them, but it's not physically possible.

It's one of those Puerto Rican Wigger buses, they get the back end all the way up and roll him on on one of those mechanic skids after a coma eating fest.

Urban legend has it that they would put the Krispy Kremes under the bus and he would bear crawl for them, but it's not physically possible.

This if some funny shizzy. Thanks for the laugh!

Stealing my material on the donuts eh................shame on you........or congrats..........whatever is your choice :D

Oh that non-performance sealed Romeo's fate. If there was any doubt. I said 7-9 would get Crennell fired, and there's no way in hell we beat the Titans next week with Dorsey quarterbacking.

i think that savage just doesn't want to make a bad situation worse by firing rac during the season and having no one to replace him. i'm pretty sure that it signifies that he's done at the end of the year, though, and that's even before today's game.

is romeo petty enough to coach like shit and prevent us from winning because he knows he's on his way out?

Maybe mr.soccer will do the right thing and fire them both on the other hand who is mr.soccer going to replace them with?

LOL! Sticking with your theme: Could Soccer Mom do any worse? Hey Tupa likes Sarah Palin - we could always go with Hockey Mom as our new GM. Plus she IS kind of HOT and that might be all the leverage Cowher needs. This way if he gets an infected stinger on the job - he can tell the wife the penecillin is for the staph infection still lingering in the lockerroom post Winslow.

- Tom F.

Hiwaygal said: As for Savage...too many things have happened recently that make me think this guy is a jerk and not good for the team. Yeah, he may be able to scout talent but he's just as much a prima donna as some of the players he gets. Seems to me the FO should mostly be quiet, do their jobs, and not be the ones seeking headlines in the media.

From what I understand, his scouting talent is highly overrated. He was getting the credit in Baltimore, when Ozzie was the one doing the picking. I think he needs to go along with RAC.

Seems to me the FO should mostly be quiet, do their jobs, and not be the ones seeking headlines in the media.

I am continually amazed at the complete lack of professionalism of the people in this team.

Exactly. On both points.

This fooking team needs an enema. Why wait? Why hope this crap changes? Problem is some of these guys needs a kick in the balls to wipe that stupid grin off thier faces. Start playing football or hit the road, it's that simple.

Archived