THE BROWNS BOARD

I think we clould use a little Ocho Cinco...

PlaygroundLegend

So we have ourselves a perdicament. Right now we are suffering from a season in which we have had terrible luck. A mass amount of injuries, quarterback changes and whatnot. We need an all around improvement.

This year one of our biggest problems has been Braylon Dropping Balls. I personally think its a confidence issue, but thats besides the point. If we look at some of the most successfull teams in the league, many of them have 2 recivers that are technically #1's. a prime example of this is Arizona with Larry Fitzgerald and Aquan Boldin.

I say we make an offer at good ol Ocho Cinco. Sure he has a mouth, but maybe hats what we need. this team needs some fire and some antics to get it moving, and he's a guy who really amps it up. Beleive it or not, he is loved in the locker room, and I can assure you that nobody cares more about winning than him. Do you remember 2 years ago when he was near tears after going 4-1? He was angry that they lost and I think that that is better than this "We just diddnt perform" bullshit. We can keep Stallworth as a Number 3. We would have the best Receiver set in the league with Edwards Cinco and Stallworth, all of whom would help BQ in his first starting season. The guy is insanely athletic, and has hands of glue.

I think his energy can bring alot to our team, and I also think that Brady could keep his ego in check on the field.

Couple this with Hiring Marty Schottenheimer as our coach and drafting a few LB's we have a really good team.

Look at it like this:

Edwards_____Stallworth___OOOOO_Winslow_____Cinco

_______________________Quinn___Harrison

If that dosent look like a winning formula tell me what does.

I have mentioned that Ocho might be a good fit a few times.

If you look at the griping about him prior to this season...it was never work ethic...or performance...or even that he was really disruptive...it was that he had a mouth and that he was too flashy.

So what. I couldn't care less if we get some 'flashy' players.

He is a hard working, dedicated, top performing WR....something we need.

With him and BE on the outside...and with Rucker or some other possession type receiver....we would have quite a formidable receiving corpe.

He also will come a lot cheaper than Boldin or other potential top guys....and will be out to prove he can make a difference after the fiasco in Cinci this past year.

Exactly my point, I dont understand why people have such a problem with his flashyness, yeah he talks, but thats football. When your on the field, everyone talks, he just keeps that energy going. I seriously think that we should make a move. It would work exactly like the Fitzgerald/Boldin Combo.

we'd also get the revenge factor of him going against the bengals twice a year.

however, if we also don't start winning, then we've got the same malcontent on our hands that cinci does.

like TO, johnson has to be on a winning team or he's miserable.

last, i prefer my loudmouths on defense. they're more effective.

As for the winning or whining....Cinci has only had ONE (1) winning season during Chads career (3 at 8-8)....and the last 2 years are the only ones where he has gotten whiney....and has produced 6 straight 1000+ yard seasons until this year...and at least 87 receptions in the last 5 seasons. All while the Bengals amassed a 51-72-1 record.

johnson's been a solid producer, no doubt, but he's become frustrated with constant losing and wants to win NOW. if he doesn't start winning, the bitching will just get worse.

i never thought he was a malcontent until this year. i think the NFL killing his TD celebrations has contributed to his malaise, though.

Once they let his Jersey say Ocho Cinco he will be happy. I think the only real reasons he is having a sub par season is because he is a big play receiver and Ryan Fitzpatrick cant get it to him, wheras T.J. Housh is a possesion receiver and easier to hit. He also got a slow start because he waited to get the ankle surgery. Before this year startyed he was talking about being in Dallas. I think he likes Romo, maybe he'll like Quinn. It would take a GM with serious balls to make this move, and I dont know if Phil could do it

great, you sited one case where it worked.

donte stallworth......your turn.

how about citing somebody with TOP NUMBERS....like Ocho Cinco...who failed in his next spot. Stallworth was a gamble at best...and NOT a top guy.

the truth is you need a good mix of draft picks and FAs to be sucessful

agree to a point.....except that teams have proven this to be false. you may get a nice FA pickup, but we're getting our asses handed to us by a team that lets them go and builds thru the draft....it is not a freak occurance.....when's the last time oakland or washington were moderately successful?

but you keep up with what you think are your witty one liners choco...I am sure everyone here is enthralled by your intelect.

i would, quite frankly. cause i could care less what anyone here thinks of me......thats where you miscalculate. im not here to make friends; i have a life for that. im also not here because i live my life vicariously thru people i envy; thats for those that failed at sports in high school. and my pride is not dictated by a sports team.......can you say the same?

you take yourself (and this game) waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously.

I've also mentioned Chad in previous threads. I think the guy's antics are, as mentioned, about showmanship and not showupmanship. As such, I've had less problems with his celebrations than some of the other crap we see.

However, it all depends on who's coaching. Randy Moss worked in NE because of Beli-chick. If we have a strong, experienced HC (Cowher, Schott, etc.) then I'd be all for it if the price was right.

So we have ourselves a perdicament. Right now we are suffering from a season in which we have had terrible luck. A mass amount of injuries, quarterback changes and whatnot. We need an all around improvement.

This year one of our biggest problems has been Braylon Dropping Balls. I personally think its a confidence issue, but thats besides the point. If we look at some of the most successfull teams in the league, many of them have 2 recivers that are technically #1's. a prime example of this is Arizona with Larry Fitzgerald and Aquan Boldin.

I say we make an offer at good ol Ocho Cinco. Sure he has a mouth, but maybe hats what we need. this team needs some fire and some antics to get it moving, and he's a guy who really amps it up. Beleive it or not, he is loved in the locker room, and I can assure you that nobody cares more about winning than him. Do you remember 2 years ago when he was near tears after going 4-1? He was angry that they lost and I think that that is better than this "We just diddnt perform" bullshit. We can keep Stallworth as a Number 3. We would have the best Receiver set in the league with Edwards Cinco and Stallworth, all of whom would help BQ in his first starting season. The guy is insanely athletic, and has hands of glue.

I think his energy can bring alot to our team, and I also think that Brady could keep his ego in check on the field.

Couple this with Hiring Marty Schottenheimer as our coach and drafting a few LB's we have a really good team.

Look at it like this:

Edwards_____Stallworth___OOOOO_Winslow_____Cinco

_______________________Quinn___Harrison

If that dosent look like a winning formula tell me what does.

#85 is a Cancer who cares only about himself . Never been on a winner and more than likely never will ( maybe Browns are a good fit after all) This clown is nothing but a SELF promoter .Plus , he drops A LOT of balls . Do you really want someone to go to battle with you who is only worth a DAMN when everything is going his way? He is a soft , loudmouth joke, who basically has laid down this year ..He is not a Team player ..You really think that Brady Quinn is better equipped than Carson Palmer to keep this fools EGO in check??/ Please go get him ..Only a WEAK coach would put up with his shit . So for all of you who want Marty or Cowher to come to save your pathetic franchise , you better cross #85 off your list . Those coaches would never put up with his garbage and you'd be stuck with a Circus every weekend with this clown in your town .

Archived