Cowher is a 15 Year Plan

Mr. T

Bill Cowher by the numbers:

Win-Loss Record 149-90-1

Winning % .623

Games 240

Career highlights and awards

Super Bowl XL victory (2005)

2 AFC Championship victories (1995, 2005)

2x Pro Football Weekly NFL Coach of the Year (1992, 2004)

149-90-1 (regular season record)

161-99-1 (overall record)

12-9 (playoff record)

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.

Cowher against the Bengals in 2006It has become an article of faith among NFL pundits that the Steelers do not have a bad team two years in a row – they have never lost 10 or more games in consecutive years since the 1970 NFL merger. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

On February 5, 2006, Cowher's Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XL by *defeating the Seattle Seahawks 21-10, giving Cowher his first Super Bowl ring. Put * by that one, he had a lot of help from the Zebras!

And as we can all see with Cowher gone the Steelers have not missed a Beat! Mike Tomlin will probably win a super bowl faster than Cowher!

So...in his 3rd or 4th season, Bill Cowher coached the Pittsburgh Steelers to the superbowl, losing to the then dominant Cowboy dynasty.

And he sucks why? Do you know how many coaches have come and gone in his 15 years as the PITT headcoach?

How many Superbowls has Jeff Fisher won? I'd still take him in a heartbeat.

You guys act like there is some mystical power that will make him take 15 years to get another superbowl, or some 'force' that will prevent him from winning a superbowl with another team.

Has it occurred to you that no coach has won a Superbowl with another team because it's REALLY FRIGGIN HARD TO WIN ONE SUPERBOWL?

This team is in desperate need of someone who knows wtf they are doing.

Its starts with a Smart Front Office. Like the Rooneys, they have been around for years. Cowher is grateful for having them as his employer. They built his Team.

You dont see Tomlin having any trouble winning do you?

and Pittsburgh still Sucks!

Its starts with a Smart Front Office. Like the Rooneys, they have been around for years. Cowher is grateful for having them as his employer. They built his Team.

You dont see Tomlin having any trouble winning do you?

and Pittsburgh still Sucks!

Yeah, but we can't get rid of Lerner or trade him for the Rooneys or Bob Kraft.

I see Tomlin winning with a team that Bill Cowher built, though. :D

Tomlin's still riding Bill Cowher's team that he installed over the process of 15 years. And even more, that defense is still orchestrated by Dick LeBeau.

I'm not putting much of the Steeler success last or this year on Tomlin, though I still think he's a sharp guy.

So...in his 3rd or 4th season, Bill Cowher coached the Pittsburgh Steelers to the superbowl, losing to the then dominant Cowboy dynasty.

And he sucks why? Do you know how many coaches have come and gone in his 15 years as the PITT headcoach?

How many Superbowls has Jeff Fisher won? I'd still take him in a heartbeat.

You guys act like there is some mystical power that will make him take 15 years to get another superbowl, or some 'force' that will prevent him from winning a superbowl with another team.

Has it occurred to you that no coach has won a Superbowl with another team because it's REALLY FRIGGIN HARD TO WIN ONE SUPERBOWL?

This team is in desperate need of someone who knows wtf they are doing.

Well, several coaches have gone with two different teams. Parcells, Holmgren, Reeves, Shula, and Vermeil come to mind.

They didn't win with two different teams. Do you think Cowher could? Maybe, but it's unlikely.

None of the Coaches that have done intially had trouble even getting there in the first place, except maybe Holmgren.

People forget how many FAs the Rooneys let walk because they were so cheap, but Cowher always had a guy ready to step in. That's good drafting and good coaching.

But, sorry, he isn't coming to Cleveland......................................we need to move on

Well, we're coming off a 44 year plan, so I like it.

I don't care if we talk SB wins at this point so long as we keep start posting winning seasons on a yearly basis.

Once we get that, I'll take playoff wins.

I'll go for an AFC championship after that.

THEN I'll be happy to start talking Super Bowl.

We've been losing so long I want to see a foundation laid and HAVE the talent to have the time to develop late round picks into starters.

We also need the coaches to develop those players.

I here a lot of people talking and saying that we need a man who shows some emotion on the side lines, what we need is a Leader! Not someone who is going to be friends with his players but demand the best out of his players.

A coach should be both Feared and Respected.

But when you rguaranteed 4 mil a year why should Romeo have to do any better than what we are getting.

Marty and Cowher will bring both attributes to the Head Coaching Office, one thing I always liked out of Marty is that he didn't play favorites, he always got his troops to perform beyond there expectations.

Bill Cowher by the numbers:

Win-Loss Record 149-90-1

Winning % .623

Games 240

Career highlights and awards

Super Bowl XL victory (2005)

2 AFC Championship victories (1995, 2005)

2x Pro Football Weekly NFL Coach of the Year (1992, 2004)

149-90-1 (regular season record)

161-99-1 (overall record)

12-9 (playoff record)

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.

Cowher against the Bengals in 2006It has become an article of faith among NFL pundits that the Steelers do not have a bad team two years in a row – they have never lost 10 or more games in consecutive years since the 1970 NFL merger. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

On February 5, 2006, Cowher's Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XL by *defeating the Seattle Seahawks 21-10, giving Cowher his first Super Bowl ring. Put * by that one, he had a lot of help from the Zebras!

And as we can all see with Cowher gone the Steelers have not missed a Beat! Mike Tomlin will probably win a super bowl faster than Cowher!

That's a problem for Browns fans because 8 division titles, 10 playoff berths and 6 AFC Championship games in 15 years is beneath them. Why would you want mediocre success like that when you got Romeo and Savage keeping you in the cellar.

Archived