THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok, I'll say it

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

I had plans to finish out by attending the last home game, but I seriously doubt I'll trek downtown to see Dorsey and that awful throwing motion.

How is this guy even in the league?

I was not a fan of putting Cribbs back there on any consistient basisd, but there is no way he could be anywhere close to as bad as Dorsey.

That was embarrassing. This is embarrassing ... something has to give to even get any kind of remote crowd at the last home game. People aren't going to attend this shit ... even Browns fans can't attend this shit.

Ahem.....

browns%20-steelers_1.jpg

Dorsey's noodle arm is just too sad to see.....it really really is.

I don't think I can watch another Ken Dorsey start. I just don't think I can.

Do Not put Cribbs at QB. He wasn't that great as a QB at Kent State. Only 3 games left just let Dorsey finish it. Not matter Dorsey,Bruce, or Cribbs we will be lucky to win a game. Cribbs comp rate in college was under 55%. Just don't want to see him hurt either.

Let Steptoe return punts and kicks. Get Cribbs under center for the whole freakin game. Give the opposing defense something to actually gameplan for, or maybe *gasp* worry about. Compound that by throwing a couple screens to Harrison or something. HOly shit it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

But apparently it takes more 'upstairs' than "Arby Kreme" can figure out.

Cribbs got about 20% of the snaps today, and he netted positive yardage on all but one play I believe.

If your telling me that kind of playmaking extrapolated over an entire game wouldn't give us a better chance to win then I don't know what to tell you at this point.

They would load everybody in the box and dare him to throw. Then when they see he can't throw it will be like watching what we all seen today. They would stop his runs for negative yards. Keep him where he is at or move him to RB but not QB.

let's look at third-stringers around the league:

arizona: brian st. pierre

atlanta: dj shockley

baltimore: todd bouman

buffalo: gibran hamdan

carolina: matt moore

chicago: calib hanie

cinci: jordan palmer

dallas: brad johnson

denver: darrell hackney

detroit: drew henson

green bay: brian brohm

indy: no 3rd (sorgi is their only backup)

jax: no 3rd (cleo lemon is their only backup)

kc: quinn gray (also have croyle and huard on IR)

miami: john beck

NE: kevin o'connell

NO: no 3rd (mark brunell is 2nd)

NYG: no 3rd (david carr is 2nd)

NYJ: brett ratliff

oakland: marques tuiasosopo

philly: aj feely

pitt: dennis dixon

StL: brock berlin

SD: charlie whitehurst

SF: jamie martin

seattle: charlie frye

TB: luke mccown

tenn: chris simms

was: colt brennan

other than rookies (brennan and dixon), the only guy i'd want off that list over dorsey is mccown.

we're talking about a 3rd sting guy, here. he's not gonna be good. what'd you expect?

I agree.....Dorsey is a good fit on this team...I was at the game...his problems were because of him, they were because he was bum rushed...he didn't have a whole lot of time, and we were in 3rd and long most of the time where the Tits knew we would be throwing.

We weren't able to move the ball on the ground at all, leaving us in 3rd and a long 7 what seemed to be all day long.

Face it, the Titans are a good team. They have a D line that rates with the best ever...those guys are good.

Dorsey didn't stand a chance today.

He could be functional in a decent offense, but he is not athletic or big armed enough to overcome throwing on the run and off his back foot while getting pressured.. They constantly left him in third and longs and once again our QB's got no help from the receivers. How many times are these guys going to run routes just short of the first down?

Nice drop by Stallworth too, and Steptoe never gets the first down.

I'm going to the Cincy game, but I know it'll be painful to watch.

I'm not to sure if I'll renew my season tickets though, might just take that $$ and go on a road trip to watch us play the Bears in Chicago next year. If they hire Cowher, there's NO WAY I'll renew.

This year has to rank as one of the biggest downers in my 38 years of following the Browns.

Let Steptoe return punts and kicks. Get Cribbs under center for the whole freakin game. Give the opposing defense something to actually gameplan for, or maybe *gasp* worry about. Compound that by throwing a couple screens to Harrison or something. HOly shit it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

But apparently it takes more 'upstairs' than "Arby Kreme" can figure out.

Why not feature JC as the 3rd down back, throw those sh!tty 3 yard screens to him on 3rd an 8 after JL gets 2 carries for 2 yards.

Archived