THE BROWNS BOARD

Danny Ferry Out

Zombo

Didn't see that one coming....

CLEVELAND -- In a stunning and unforseen move, Danny Ferry resigned as general manager of the Cavaliers today.

Ferry's contract was set to run out at the end of the month but as recently as this week told associates that he hoped to stay on with the team and that a new contract with team owner Dan Gilbert would be worked out. Ferry told The Plain Dealer by text message that moving on was a mutual decision.

Ferry said that Chris Grant, the respected assistant general manager to Ferry for the last five years, will replace him as team general manager.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/20...at_gm_of_c.html

Zombo

Well we kinda knew this would happen after all that has went down that last 2 years with losing and adding the players we needed to win a Ring. He done a pretty good job, but I am sure it has been no easy task trying to please Lebron and Cavs fans this whole time. Everyone on here was pretty excited with the people we got this year and everyone in the NBA thought it was our year. Its just there was no Motivation on this team. I dont know how u can blow out a team and then get smoked yourself, its just amazing. So we could be starting from scratch this year, I do like the team we have now, minus Shaq, we cant be planning to play with him and then have him not in there and then plan to play with him again. This is Lebrons team until further notice. It also kinda sucks now that the guy who makes the deals just left and we have a new guy. How are we supposed to get anything going here with so little time and a new GM. Please Lord!, Stop the Maddness that is Cleveland Sports. Im still debating wether or not to get my new born son involved with our teams when he gets bigger, I want to save him the heart ache.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5252256

The Assistant GM, Chris Grant will take over as GM, so we have a GM. Just a new one.

Also, last I checked, Lebron hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Lastly, DFTT in other threads please :)

Sure he took over as GM but in essence we have no GM. Reality is Mr. James will have a bigger say in who we pursue than Grant, and thats if James resigns. Ferry was let go because he demanded to much control which tells you either Gilbert or James wants a bigger say, if James doesnt resign Dan Gilbert will be calling the shots. So right now we have no coach, no GM, and no Lebron

Lastly, what does DFTT mean?

Archived