THE BROWNS BOARD

oil leak

Somebody asked why the reaction to the oil crisis is so partisan.

First and foremost is the fact that Democrats used Katrina for years as a truncheon with which to bash the Bush administration.

"George Bush doesnt' care about Black people etc etc etc."

So now the Republicans and other Obama "non supporters" are having a go at him for this.

Two the Demorats usually trend anti corporations and love the opportunity to demonize one of the most hated, the oil industry.

While the right attacks one of it's natural enemies the environmentalists.

I expect those citizens hurt by this will be compensated very well.

I fiigure these guys are basically not partisan and you can't blame them for wanting to make a few bucks from this.

OTOH one group stands to make a killing and that's the trial lawyers.

Most of whom are Democrats and big party contributors.

There's why it gets partisan.

And my opinion:

Too many of us want to destroy BP in some kind of populist revenge fervor, but I'd rather see them solvent and better able to pay for the cleanup.

And the shareholders, guys, are us. You me and anybody else with savings.

WSS

Somebody asked why the reaction to the oil crisis is so partisan.

First and foremost is the fact that Democrats used Katrina for years as a truncheon with which to bash the Bush administration.

"George Bush doesnt' care about Black people etc etc etc."

So now the Republicans and other Obama "non supporters" are having a go at him for this.

Two the Demorats usually trend anti corporations and love the opportunity to demonize one of the most hated, the oil industry.

While the right attacks one of it's natural enemies the environmentalists.

I expect those citizens hurt by this will be compensated very well.

I fiigure these guys are basically not partisan and you can't blame them for wanting to make a few bucks from this.

OTOH one group stands to make a killing and that's the trial lawyers.

Most of whom are Democrats and big party contributors.

There's why it gets partisan.

And my opinion:

Too many of us want to destroy BP in some kind of populist revenge fervor, but I'd rather see them solvent and better able to pay for the cleanup.

And the shareholders, guys, are us. You me and anybody else with savings.

WSS

I agree with you, Steve, and only have one minor point of clarification of my opinion.

The people won't 'make a few bucks' off this. They might be 'made whole' in a technical sense but will endure loses for some time. Many of them and their businesses will go belly up.

I agree that 'big oil', like 'big tobacco' gets demonized. BP was simply unlucky to have this happen to them.

People who don't believe oil is a big deal just don't get it.

I agree with you, Steve, and only have one minor point of clarification of my opinion.

The people won't 'make a few bucks' off this. They might be 'made whole' in a technical sense but will endure loses for some time. Many of them and their businesses will go belly up.

I agree that 'big oil', like 'big tobacco' gets demonized. BP was simply unlucky to have this happen to them.

People who don't believe oil is a big deal just don't get it.

Actuially I do expect a great number of exaggerated claims.

I'd assume it's human nature when you're offered a blank check to maximize damages.

If your uninsured buddy backs into your 1998 Taurus do you ask for the same compensation as if it were a Haliburton truck?

;)

Not only that but in any case involving attorneys the cost will have to be 33 % higher and that's even if nobody winds up with one extra penny.

WSS

In the meantime, Al Gore gets a divorce.

Al Gore is a funny guy. Probably the best example of a crooked politician who has no remorse for all of his lies.$

There are reports that the air quality is toxic and have explosive gases from these plumes on the gulf coast that have reached 7%, when it gets to 14% fema has plans for mass evacuations.

Living Along the Gulf Coast

Archived