THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns new ticket sales at it's highest point since 1999

SJ_Browns

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/articl...fc-fbd76f5981c6

The Cleveland Browns enjoyed the club's most successful new ticket sales day since the team returned in 1999 on Saturday, the club announced today.

New sales numbered in the hundreds and were largely driven by theclub's Select-A-Seat event at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Throughout the day,a steady stream of fans took advantage of the opportunity to walk the stadium, viewpotential seats and purchase full and partial season ticket plans.

"We heard a lot of good feedback from our fans and are excited to have enjoyed such positive results," said Jim Ross, Browns Sr. Vice President of Business Development. "The excitement about the upcoming season is palpable."

Fans in attendance were also able to meet Browns alumni, enjoy live bands, a Club level food tasting and video features on the stadium scoreboard.

“It was a chance to see the seats first," said Tom Wallenhorst from Highland Heights. "It’s really nice. There’s a lot of people helping you out with directions and stuff. The seats are tagged, which makes it nice."

“We have been kicking it around for a while, going in on some sort of package to try it out and see if we want to go with the whole season-ticket plan or not," said Timothy Wasdovitch from Parma. "We came down to see how things operated, and to see how you pick your season tickets and so on."

Fans interested in purchasing full or partial season ticket plans can still do so by calling 440-824-3434 orby logging ontoClevelandBrowns.com.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/articl...fc-fbd76f5981c6

The Cleveland Browns enjoyed the club's most successful new ticket sales day since the team returned in 1999 on Saturday, the club announced today.

New sales numbered in the hundreds and were largely driven by theclub's Select-A-Seat event at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Throughout the day,a steady stream of fans took advantage of the opportunity to walk the stadium, viewpotential seats and purchase full and partial season ticket plans.

"We heard a lot of good feedback from our fans and are excited to have enjoyed such positive results," said Jim Ross, Browns Sr. Vice President of Business Development. "The excitement about the upcoming season is palpable."

Fans in attendance were also able to meet Browns alumni, enjoy live bands, a Club level food tasting and video features on the stadium scoreboard.

"It was a chance to see the seats first," said Tom Wallenhorst from Highland Heights. "It's really nice. There's a lot of people helping you out with directions and stuff. The seats are tagged, which makes it nice."

"We have been kicking it around for a while, going in on some sort of package to try it out and see if we want to go with the whole season-ticket plan or not," said Timothy Wasdovitch from Parma. "We came down to see how things operated, and to see how you pick your season tickets and so on."

Fans interested in purchasing full or partial season ticket plans can still do so by calling 440-824-3434 orby logging ontoClevelandBrowns.com.

What the heck do you expect after 10 years of travesty concluded with the Sewage Era..........if not it would spell the end of the franchise

What the heck do you expect after 10 years of travesty concluded with the Sewage Era..........if not it would spell the end of the franchise

your comment is absolutely worthless and irrelevant to the point of this thread. as to be expected from a "browns fan" who spends the bulk of his time kissing the steelers asses and kissing the ass of a steeler fan named "preacher".

your comment is absolutely worthless and irrelevant to the point of this thread. as to be expected from a "browns fan" who spends the bulk of his time kissing the steelers asses and kissing the ass of steeler fan named "preacher".

Actually it's not but I don't want to get overly involved. If the Browns didn't make a concerted effort to turn the franchise around the team could really be in trouble, especially with a proposed lock out and god only knows what else. His comment is 100% relevant but wasn't of the cheerleader variety so it wasn't welcomed.

lol...stupidity all around for the stooler trolls.

Trouble for the franchise? Lol....we sell out when we suck. U barely sell out unless you're making the playoffs....in a smaller stadium....no doubt. Rich is a tool....the same way you are snatch....except you don't pretend to be a browns fan. He isn't smart enough to understand that the 5 browns boards he posts on knows his schtick, and don't give a damn about his self serving opinion. Like all stool fans, he thinks he knows all about football....and makesa claims to his clairvoyance that he can't find the posts to prove.

Tools have a knack for sticking together.....much like piss fans.

It is irrelevant because he is a bandwagon Steeler fan who spends a majority of his time suckling other bandwagon fans balls over on a Steelers forum. It doesn't really matter what a stoolers fan has to say about our Browns.

thanks to junkyard dawg and choco for understanding where i was coming from. my point in posting this thread was simple and plain, optimisim amongst browns fans. i thought it was great to see the turn out on saturday at cleveland browns stadium for new ticket sales. there was no need to hijack this thread with a negative comment. that was completely irrelevant to my op. how hard is that to understand?

back to the subject, did any of you browns fans go down there to get your tickets? if so how was it at cbs and did you meet any browns players/alumni?

thanks to junkyard dawg and choco for understanding where i was coming from. my point in posting this thread was simple and plain, optimisim amongst browns fans. i thought it was great to see the turn out on saturday at cleveland browns stadium for new ticket sales. there was no need to hijack this thread with a negative comment. that was completely irrelevant to my op. how hard is that to understand?

back to the subject, did any of you browns fans go down there to get your tickets? if so how was it at cbs and did you meet any browns players/alumni?

It still doesn't make his point irrelevant to the scope of the thread, that was my initial point. As far as Steeler tickets are concerned do you have any idea just how hard it is to get a seat in that stadium without paying out the ass online well over face value? The waiting list for season tickets is GENERATIONS LONG, seriously. I could get on it tomorrow and probably wouldn't smell season tickets until well in to my 60's and I'll be 28 in September. I also most definitely know football. Once again you chastised the dude because he didn't come in like a cheerleader. His comment was VERY relevant but at the same time I understand your disdain. Oh and when aren't Browns fans in some way optimistic each off season. Hell I was in Ohio for 5 years via my undergrad. I had to take a few semesters of that elongated my stay. Some of my best friend are Browns fans and they were also hopelessly optimistic every year because of some heralded draft pick or some other contributing factor. It's great the Browns are selling tickets and the fair weathers are coming back but let's not act like there is now some NEW FOUND FOUNTAIN of optimism because every off season the Browns are going to do "X". Unfortunately for you guys they usually don't hold up their end of the bargain. AND i would have stayed out of this thread entirely had you not said his post was irrelevant. It was/is very relevant. It just wasn't in your desired tone. PERIOD.

EDIT: Not trying to rain on this parade either. I just can't stand blind ignorance and SJ your comment was f.ucking ignorant.

I went down there on the 5th. I already have 100 level season tickets so when I got the flyer about this select-a-seat I was hoping to find a better 100 level seat. The only seats they are selling are club level and 500 level seats. All of the seats available are 14 rows up or higher in either the club or upper levels. There are tons of seats available and they are mostly inside the 20-50 yard lines so they have decent views but they are up there. The club level ones require PSL's of $1500 to $2100 and the tickets are face value x 10, so anywhere between $1300 to $2250 I think. For the select-a-seat date on the 12th, I noticed they were doing packages of less than the whole season but they never specified which seats would qualify.

Bottom line was that none of the 100-level seats were for sale, which really is where you want to own a seat because when the team is 1-11 like last year, no one will give you more than $20 a ticket no matter where its at. At least if its a 100-level seat you might get $30 a tickets. I know for the last game last year I couldn't give away 6th row 5-yard line seats, it was 3 degrees out, and even on a 3 game winning streak, no one wants to sit in that cold. It was nice to see the schedule makers gave us more games in the early part of the season at home this year.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is that they really are looking for suckers to pay for seats you could get on craigslist for much cheaper and not have to pay the PSL fees. I remember checking on there before May 1st and seeing tons of seats and PSL's for sale for half price, some PSL's for $100 even.

I went down there on the 5th. I already have 100 level season tickets so when I got the flyer about this select-a-seat I was hoping to find a better 100 level seat. The only seats they are selling are club level and 500 level seats. All of the seats available are 14 rows up or higher in either the club or upper levels. There are tons of seats available and they are mostly inside the 20-50 yard lines so they have decent views but they are up there. The club level ones require PSL's of $1500 to $2100 and the tickets are face value x 10, so anywhere between $1300 to $2250 I think. For the select-a-seat date on the 12th, I noticed they were doing packages of less than the whole season but they never specified which seats would qualify.

Bottom line was that none of the 100-level seats were for sale, which really is where you want to own a seat because when the team is 1-11 like last year, no one will give you more than $20 a ticket no matter where its at. At least if its a 100-level seat you might get $30 a tickets. I know for the last game last year I couldn't give away 6th row 5-yard line seats, it was 3 degrees out, and even on a 3 game winning streak, no one wants to sit in that cold. It was nice to see the schedule makers gave us more games in the early part of the season at home this year.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is that they really are looking for suckers to pay for seats you could get on craigslist for much cheaper and not have to pay the PSL fees. I remember checking on there before May 1st and seeing tons of seats and PSL's for sale for half price, some PSL's for $100 even.

thanks for the feedback. i don't know a whole lot about nfl ticket prices, psls, etc., but i guess i need to do a little more investigating.

I would put in for it. Two or three bad seasons would do wonders for moving up on the list...

Yea seeing as there has been a ton of those lately. Super Bowl slump is very real for the Steelers, 8-8 after the first this decade and 9-7 after the last. I guess we'll just win the Super Bowl this year and then have another 8-8 or 9-7. I guess I'll take it. Although it sure would be nice to draft inside the top 10 every season. How is that anyway? lol

Either way and once again I didn't come in this thread to rain on the cheer session. Glad ticket sales are up. Hell you can probably thank the Steelers for that, the win last season has the fan base in a tail spin of POSITIVITY!

Thanks for the input- we also have 100 level tickets, have put in every year for seat improvement, and gotten nowhere. The only really select (inside the 30s, and not first couple of rows) 100 Level PSLs I've ever seen were on e-Bay, and the owners wanted a small fortune to part with them- like $5k a seat.

BTW, 5 yard line? If you're in section 105 PM me- I'm a few rows behind you.

I know for the last game last year I couldn't give away 6th row 5-yard line seats, it was 3 degrees out, and even on a 3 game winning streak, no one wants to sit in that cold. It was nice to see the schedule makers gave us more games in the early part of the season at home this year.

I must be in the minority then...I love those cold weather games.

Actually if we were in the hunt for the playoffs, that place would be packed with 72000 regardless of weather. I think you know that, it's just been a real long time!!! Happier days are coming...

I must be in the minority then...I love those cold weather games.

Actually if we were in the hunt for the playoffs, that place would be packed with 72000 regardless of weather. I think you know that, it's just been a real long time!!! Happier days are coming...

wasn't the stadium packed a few years ago in that blizzard home game against buffalo?

i agree with your post. browns fans will pack the stadium hail, sleet, snow or rain when the team is putting a good product on the field. hopefully those happy days are coming so cbs can start rocking.

wasn't the stadium packed a few years ago in that blizzard home game against buffalo?

i agree with your post. browns fans will pack the stadium hail, sleet, snow or rain when the team is putting a good product on the field. hopefully those happy days are coming so cbs can start rocking.

Oh yes...that Buffalo game was fun. When Dawson made that long FG (48 yards?) the place went nuts. Some of my happier (and unfortunately sad) Browns memories were late season games in crappy weather.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but isn't it ironic all the negativity surrounding the NYC Superbowl (2014 I think)? All these bigwigs are whining about the weather....football should be played outside, IMHO.

Oh yes...that Buffalo game was fun. When Dawson made that long FG (48 yards?) the place went nuts. Some of my happier (and unfortunately sad) Browns memories were late season games in crappy weather.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but isn't it ironic all the negativity surrounding the NYC Superbowl (2014 I think)? All these bigwigs are whining about the weather....football should be played outside, IMHO.

you're not hijacking the thread, you're just asking a question that came up during the convo. i was suprised that nyc was even in the mix as far as a potential sb location. i think the sb should be played outside, but nyc at that time of the year is unpredictable (weather wise). from a marketting standpoint, it makes sense since nyc is a high profile city and a great tourist attraction. but the weather can be brutal aound that time of the year in nyc. it just seems like a bad idea to me. what if the sb was hit with a severe snow storm or a blizzard? the weather can be very unpredictable and as much as the nfl can try to rely on a bunch of weathermen, their predictions aren't guaranteed and things could possibly blow up in the nfl's faces.

you're not hijacking the thread, you're just asking a question that came up during the convo. i was surprised that nyc was even in the mix as far as a potential sb location. i think the sb should be played outside, but nyc at that time of the year is unpredictable (weather wise). from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense since nyc is a high profile city and a great tourist attraction. but dude, the weather can be brutal aound that time of the year in nyc. it just seems like a bad idea to me. what if the sb was hit with a severe snow storm or a blizzard. the weather can be very unpredictable and as much as the nfl can try to rely on a bunch of weathermen, their predictions aren't guaranteed and things could possibly blow up in the nfl's faces.

:lol: If it does blow up, it will be the first & last cold weather Super Bowl. New York weather first week in February- Averages: high 38F, low 23F. Records: high 53F, low 3F. As they say, climate is what you expect, weather is what you get. So the betting odds say a 6PM game time temperature around 30- but a nice Nor'easter with a foot of snow and temperatures in the teens will show just how dedicated the jet set will be to brave those conditions after they shelled out $5+k to attend the game. Got a feeling it's not going to be your typical SB crowd

It still doesn't make his point irrelevant to the scope of the thread, that was my initial point. As far as Steeler tickets are concerned do you have any idea just how hard it is to get a seat in that stadium without paying out the ass online well over face value? The waiting list for season tickets is GENERATIONS LONG, seriously. I could get on it tomorrow and probably wouldn't smell season tickets until well in to my 60's and I'll be 28 in September. I also most definitely know football. Once again you chastised the dude because he didn't come in like a cheerleader. His comment was VERY relevant but at the same time I understand your disdain. Oh and when aren't Browns fans in some way optimistic each off season. Hell I was in Ohio for 5 years via my undergrad. I had to take a few semesters of that elongated my stay. Some of my best friend are Browns fans and they were also hopelessly optimistic every year because of some heralded draft pick or some other contributing factor. It's great the Browns are selling tickets and the fair weathers are coming back but let's not act like there is now some NEW FOUND FOUNTAIN of optimism because every off season the Browns are going to do "X". Unfortunately for you guys they usually don't hold up their end of the bargain. AND i would have stayed out of this thread entirely had you not said his post was irrelevant. It was/is very relevant. It just wasn't in your desired tone. PERIOD.

EDIT: Not trying to rain on this parade either. I just can't stand blind ignorance and SJ your comment was f.ucking ignorant.

I think the part that was taken issue with was the comment that "unless such and such is done the franchise is in trouble". This franchise now is perhaps the least "in trouble" franchise in the NFL.

The last franchise that was "in trouble" were the 1952 Dallas Texans which folded. That is my conception of trouble. and there ain't no NFL franchise that is going to fold up like that. Not in your lifetime.

The next concept of a franchise being "in trouble" is whether or not that franchise is threatening to move. That is why I say the Browns are the least "in trouble" franchise in the NFL. After what happened in 1995 the league wouldn't ever consider moving this team. The Steelers are more likely to move than the Browns. (though of course that ain't happening either).

There are a couple of franchises that may indeed be "in trouble" from the "may be a candidate to relocate" standpoint. There are rumors that the Jags may be "in trouble" and might move to LA. As long as Al Davis is running things in Oakland God only knows what kind of trouble that team is in. He may have it in mind to move back to LA before he croaks. We had one guy on here who thought the 49ers were "in trouble" because them may move to a stadium to be built in Santa Clara. Some have said the Chargers could be candidates to move back to LA (they did actually begin there you know). There may be a couple of others.

But the Browns are by no means in that sort of trouble. If by "in trouble" it is meant they ain't winning enough, well, we have had that trouble for quite a while now. That is not really trouble, that is just poor performance. Every team pretty much has its ups and downs on the field. As you may soon find out.

Yea seeing as there has been a ton of those lately. Super Bowl slump is very real for the Steelers, 8-8 after the first this decade and 9-7 after the last. I guess we'll just win the Super Bowl this year and then have another 8-8 or 9-7. I guess I'll take it. Although it sure would be nice to draft inside the top 10 every season. How is that anyway? lol

Either way and once again I didn't come in this thread to rain on the cheer session. Glad ticket sales are up. Hell you can probably thank the Steelers for that, the win last season has the fan base in a tail spin of POSITIVITY!

So, what do you think Steeler fans would do if, hypothetically, they started out 1-11? (again, this is hypothetical so don't say I am predicting it, I am only asking "what if")

I agree.

The browns aren't in trouble other than the way they have played.....but that is changing....

it would be interesting to see where the break even point is for a NFL team.

Salaries are all about the same. Shared money is the same. Ticket prices are pretty close to the same. Fixed costs are all about the same.....when i say about the same no doubt there might be several million dollars in difference here and there, but in the big picture the recipe is about the same.

I guess what I am saying is I wonder how close to break even a owner is before he sells ticket #1??

I agree.

The browns aren't in trouble other than the way they have played.....but that is changing....

it would be interesting to see where the break even point is for a NFL team.

Salaries are all about the same. Shared money is the same. Ticket prices are pretty close to the same. Fixed costs are all about the same.....when i say about the same no doubt there might be several million dollars in difference here and there, but in the big picture the recipe is about the same.

I guess what I am saying is I wonder how close to break even a owner is before he sells ticket #1??

From just the money from the TV deal it would not surprise me if that comes close to paying their nut.

From just the money from the TV deal it would not surprise me if that comes close to paying their nut.

i doubt it is that close.

After posting earlier I found a pretty good report on the NFL and it's finances.

Teams in 08 received 145 mil in shared revenue and 117 in TV money....say 260 million. Players were paid 91 mil....so say 90.....leaving 170 mil.

Ticket sales could be as high as 60 mil assuming a $80 average ticket price,,,,so up to 224 mil....out of that is where contributions to players unions and paying for everything else takes place......including taxes, practice facilities, medical, legal, insurance, travel, food, staff salaries, equipment, utilities, security etc, etc, ....I could see that gross profit amount start to dwindle down to a fairly low number when compared to the initial investment.

And to be honest....I am not sure the ticket sales aren't included in the shared revenue part of the deal.....seems I read somewhere the visiting team gets a cut.....say 40% of gate....so that 60 mil figure for ticket sales might actually be more like 35 mil

i doubt it is that close.

After posting earlier I found a pretty good report on the NFL and it's finances.

Teams in 08 received 145 mil in shared revenue and 117 in TV money....say 260 million. Players were paid 91 mil....so say 90.....leaving 170 mil.

Ticket sales could be as high as 60 mil assuming a $80 average ticket price,,,,so up to 224 mil....out of that is where contributions to players unions and paying for everything else takes place......including taxes, practice facilities, medical, legal, insurance, travel, food, staff salaries, equipment, utilities, security etc, etc, ....I could see that gross profit amount start to dwindle down to a fairly low number when compared to the initial investment.

I guess I was thinking about the TV money alone basically covering all the player salaries. Other expenses would be paid by other revenue sources.

• 1 month later...

Browns announce single-game sellouts

Posted 41 minutes ago

The Browns have announced four games have sold out on a single-game format.

Cleveland Browns home games against the Kansas City Chiefs (Sept. 19), Cincinnati Bengals (Oct. 3), Atlanta Falcons (Oct. 10) and Pittsburgh Steelers (Jan. 2) are sold out on a single-game basis, the team announced today. As a result, the only way that fans can obtain tickets to these four contests at Cleveland Browns Stadium is through season tickets, club seats and three-game Tripps Packs.

“With this being my first season in Cleveland, I’ve been extremely impressed with the enthusiasm and support our fans have shown out at training camp practices,” said Browns President Mike Holmgren. “This time of the year has always been exciting for me and I’m glad to see our fans are pumped up as well. We’re happy that this excitement level is transferring over to our games, as we look for our fans to provide our team as much of a home field advantage as possible.”

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron leaving and nobody buying Cavs tickets anymore. Everyone must be pumped and buying tickets in droves to see the great Delhomme in a Browns uniform.

Yeah- sort of like the Bore-eoles setting the world on fire in MLB. Attendance? Impressive!!!! Sort of like why the Flying Rats tickets sales are WAY up. Hey Craven, you not only couldn't hold onto the Dolts, you couldn't stop the Bullets from moving down the road either.

PS Crow-boy, my national convention is in slime ball city this fall, and I'm not going- I refuse to pump a dime into your economy.

Archived