THE BROWNS BOARD

Is the 2010 Browns better than the 2007 Browns?

dawgpound3

The 2007 Browns were just a flash. They were great when DA was new and no one knew how to defend him but then D coordinators came around and forced him to throw underneath. He couldn't do it and the 2007 Browns weren't shit against better opponents. The defense we played was also well below average..

The 2010 Browns will be much more rounded. I see an average offense with a solid defense. These new Browns that have been coming in love football, and they love to hit people. By the end of the year I could see this Browns team really coming together. 1 more good draft and we may finally have the team this city has so desperately needed.

Honestly im likely overly optimistic as i expect the 2010 brownies to come out of nowhere completely unexpected just like the 2007 browns, only the 2010 browns will finish the job and get us into the playoffs it wont be a one season fluke this time!

Everything i see on paper indicates it can happen, but unfortunately (just like 2007) you cant actually weigh the effects of coaching(good or bad) or coordination on the field and in game decision making but overall i feel much better about our chances this year than i did going into 2007...

You would have to have a crystal ball. We shall see.

Agree. On offense, we don't really know if our receivers can get open. Defensively, we look improved on paper, but it will probably take time to develop.

As Browns fans, we can't take anything for granted, but it's nice our first 2 games are against teams similar to us in T Bay & KC...then it's a meat grinder in at least 7 straight games.

I want the playoffs too, but first we HAVE to prove that we can hang with our AFC North foes. Wouldn't it be sweet to be 2-0 heading into Baltimore?

Agree. On offense, we don't really know if our receivers can get open. Defensively, we look improved on paper, but it will probably take time to develop.

As Browns fans, we can't take anything for granted, but it's nice our first 2 games are against teams similar to us in T Bay & KC...then it's a meat grinder in at least 7 straight games.

I want the playoffs too, but first we HAVE to prove that we can hang with our AFC North foes. Wouldn't it be sweet to be 2-0 heading into Baltimore?

yeah, that's right. we do start the season out against tampa and kc. let's see what we can do against those teams.

I like what is happening in Cleveland.... We finally have experienced proven football people running the team...

For the most part, the players seem to be buying into the system which will allow them to both act & react to the plays on the field....

The talent at QB has been greatly improved.. whether you were in the DA or BQ camp, you have to admit that the QB position last year was terrible...

Do we have any impact players on offense other than Cribbs??? Will the WildDawg prove to be both exciting and rewarding with points on the board???

Can we run the ball all year (16 + games) as we did in the last 4 games of last season...

Will Drabol be an asset or a liability???

There's a lot of questons to be answered but for some reason I feel confident that this year will be very successful-- 10 plus wins....

Can't wait till camp opens.....

Peace

T.Dawg

Were much deeper, much smarter, tougher and more of a cohesive team than we were in 07. Will compete with anybody all 16 games unlike in 07. Are RB position is much improved Replacing Lewis and Wright with Hardesty and Davis and adding Hillis at FB, WR postion could be will see, QB I believe we improved to and the O-line replacing Hank with Alex. Then the D is improved across the board, is there any question that were a better team now than we were 3 years ago? We might not catch lightning in a bottle like we did in 07 and win that many games, but were for sure a better team with better coaching and a better FO

2007 was a combination of a friendly schedule & dumb luck. It was an overachieving year at the very best.

This year's version gives me hope BEYOND 1 year.

Bottom line, as already alluded to,"we'll see".

Mike

2007 was a combination of a friendly schedule & dumb luck. It was an overachieving year at the very best.

This year's version gives me hope BEYOND 1 year.

Botom line, as already alluded to,"we'll see".

Mike

agreed. 07's schedule was quite friendly and the browns put together 10 wins mostly against lesser or equal teams ( if i remember correctly, the only win against an above .500 team was the seahawks). i think the 2010 browns are being built to compete against good teams to. yes, we shall see.

Archived