THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Personal Conduct Policy

Like I keep saying, I'm okay with Ben getting 4-6 games...I've complained about Goodell's inconsistancies for years. Ben does become relavant becuase this is about Goodell's handling of the PCP and Ben has been punished by Goodell under the PCP.

Goodell has set the precedent that any behavior he doesn't like (illegal or not; specifically against the rules or not) will result in punishment.

Like I said before:, Goodell made this statement to Ben regaurding his actions:

"... there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

So if Goodell doesn't suspend or punish other players, does that mean that the behavior of other arrested players are in fact "admirable, responsible and consistent with the values of the league"? When Goodell began suspending players for behaving in a way that he disapproves of, any time he chooses not to suspend or punish a player it is implied that he then approves of the behavior in question.

Well, look up your facts- Goodell does suspend and punish other players- like PacMan Jones and Chris Henry, fer instance.

And others have pointed out- from a legal standpoint, some of those cases are still pending. And BR got popped they way he did because of the Nevada incident- if Georgia was the first, the punishment would have been far less severe. Pattern of behavior.

Well, look up your facts- Goodell does suspend and punish other players- like PacMan Jones and Chris Henry, fer instance.

And others have pointed out- from a legal standpoint, some of those cases are still pending. And BR got popped they way he did because of the Nevada incident- if Georgia was the first, the punishment would have been far less severe. Pattern of behavior.

"Roethlisberger is the first player who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime yet suspended by Goodell under the NFL personal-conduct policy."...NFL.com.....http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true....and that statement is true. Ben has never been arrested and he has never been charged with any type of crime his entire life, not to mewntion during his NFL playing career....Pacman and Henry were both convicted of multiple crimes just while Goodell was the Commish.

The Neveda "incident" wasn't anything at all. It is a civil case and police say they have no intention of investigating the rediculous claims. Like you said, " from a legal standpoint, some of those cases are still pending." Well, Ben's Neveda case is still nothing more than someone making an accusation and threatening to take it to civil court. If this case had any bearing Ben's punishment, then once again Goodell is a hypocrite in his punishment.

Jeff Reed has had a "pattern of behavior" with actual arrests...Goodell hasn't punished him.

Jeff Reed has had a "pattern of behavior" with actual arrests...Goodell hasn't punished him.

OK, you got us there .... Douchebag should be punished too.

Zombo

--Maybe Goodell feels his life as a walking-talking Douchebag is punishment enough.

NEW YORK -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he still doesn't have enough information to make a decision on possibly disciplining Vince Young.

The Tennessee Titans quarterback received a misdemeanor assault citation after a fight early Sunday at a Dallas strip club. Goodell said Thursday that "right now we're gathering facts."

Surveillance video footage released by Dallas police showed the quarterback and several people talking in a small room before Young attacked someone in the room. Young has apologized and said he hopes he won't receive a suspension.

Goodell answered questions about Young after speaking to high school players at an NFL football clinic in Queens.

---------------------------------

I guess video tape of him punching a man at 3 in the morning in a strip club isn't " enough information to make a decision on possibly disciplining Vince Young" exhibited bad behavior.

Perhaps its not....didn't he wait until the da had bens case?

Stfu about premature evaluation.....actually....just stfu. You whine more than a pregnant woman with hemoroids. Just because you think its cut and dry, well, that doesn't mean shit.....for brains. Given the favortism shown to the piss and black, can u really bitch about ben getting his deserved suspension? Being that u ignore the pattern vs. Isolated incidents, it shows how your lack of intellkigence directly reflects your inabilty to digest the differences.

I undertstand what you are saying but the PCP calls for punishment if its a mistake or not. Now, I can see Goodell handed out lighter punishment for one mistake as opposed to repeated behavior. But assulting your pregnant girlfriend or sneaking a gun into a night club isn't just a mistake, even if it only happens once. Then there is good ole Jeff Reed and his drinking episodes. Goodell claims part of why he punished Ben so severely and forced him to go to counseling is becuase he cares about his players...Really? Than how come he never stepped in just to help poor ole Jeff? By giving Reed (and most others) a free pass on his arrests, he set a precident that it was okay.

The Statement is all about STAR Power. The NFL is such a Big Deal , if your a Stud player you are held to a Higher Standard. After all you are one of the FACES of the NFL. Jeff Reed a just another Kicker ( Non Player basically ) At least that is how most "Players" feel about Kickers. He doesn't "Care" about his players... he Cares about PROFIT. Ben Hurt Profit ...therefore punishment is more intense. Actually I understand that , its Big Business.

Perhaps its not....didn't he wait until the da had bens case?

Stfu about premature evaluation.....actually....just stfu. You whine more than a pregnant woman with hemoroids. Just because you think its cut and dry, well, that doesn't mean shit.....for brains. Given the favortism shown to the piss and black, can u really bitch about ben getting his deserved suspension? Being that u ignore the pattern vs. Isolated incidents, it shows how your lack of intellkigence directly reflects your inabilty to digest the differences.

He does typically what until the legal investigation is over before he hands out his punishment.....But even if Young is somehow cleared Goodell will still have to suspend him due to bad behavior. He knows what happened, its all on tape. It's not a case where someone accused Young of punching him despite not having any bruising or any markings that would result from a punch. (like Ben's accuser)...I have said multiple times (including 2-3 times on this thread alone) that I agree with Ben's punishment. Saying I disagree with the punishment is a losing effort on your part. What "pattern of behavior"?....Is Goodell holding somebody breaking traffic laws and causing a near deadly accident as a strike against Ben's behavior? Or is he holding a civil accusation that hasn't even been approved for a court date yet (if it will even happen) as a strike against Ben's behavior?

How has Goodell showed favoritism to the Steelers? He has made examples of some of them by handing out severe punishments despite not breaking any laws. As you know, "Roethlisberger is the first [and only] player who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime yet suspended by Goodell under the NFL personal-conduct policy." If anything it appears as if "you whine more than a pregnant woman with hemoroids."

The Statement is all about STAR Power. The NFL is such a Big Deal , if your a Stud player you are held to a Higher Standard. After all you are one of the FACES of the NFL. Jeff Reed a just another Kicker ( Non Player basically ) At least that is how most "Players" feel about Kickers. He doesn't "Care" about his players... he Cares about PROFIT. Ben Hurt Profit ...therefore punishment is more intense. Actually I understand that , its Big Business.

The suspension of Ben was about politics. As you said, his suspension stemmed from a big name bringing in bad plublicity. It had nothing to do with caring or morales, it had everything to do with politics and profit...."Politics have no relation to morals." - Niccolo Machiavelli

The suspension of Ben was about politics. As you said, his suspension stemmed from a big name bringing in bad plublicity. It had nothing to do with caring or morales, it had everything to do with politics and profit...."Politics have no relation to morals." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Perhaps you are right. So what? Like I said, Goodell can take any factor into his punishment that he chooses. Massive negative publicity may certainly be one of those factors.

What is it about that you don't understand?

This was a rape allegation. It was serious enough to be investigated by the police. Simply because the prosecutor felt that he could not prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt does not mean that Goodell has to abide by the same stringent requirement. So be it.

Like Ferris Beuhler said: Are you still here? Its over. Go home.

Archived