THE BROWNS BOARD

Reggie Williams

We need a veteran wide receiver. He has ties with Holmgren. Helllooooo?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5302817

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have released wide receiver Reggie Williams, stalling the former top-10 overall draft pick's NFL comeback.

The team announced Friday it had released the former top pick, along with receiver Victor James.

The moves make roster room for the signings of rookie fourth-round choices Walter Thurmond and E.J. Wilson, plus fifth-round pick Kam Chancellor.

Seattle now has signed six of its nine draft picks.

Williams starred at the University of Washington and signed with the Seahawks following a free-agent tryout in April. Seattle coach Pete Carroll recruited Williams while coaching at USC.

The former ninth overall pick is serving two years of probation stemming from a cocaine possession charge. He has been out of the league for a year.

We need a veteran wide receiver. He has ties with Holmgren. Helllooooo?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5302817

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have released wide receiver Reggie Williams, stalling the former top-10 overall draft pick's NFL comeback.

The team announced Friday it had released the former top pick, along with receiver Victor James.

The moves make roster room for the signings of rookie fourth-round choices Walter Thurmond and E.J. Wilson, plus fifth-round pick Kam Chancellor.

Seattle now has signed six of its nine draft picks.

Williams starred at the University of Washington and signed with the Seahawks following a free-agent tryout in April. Seattle coach Pete Carroll recruited Williams while coaching at USC.

The former ninth overall pick is serving two years of probation stemming from a cocaine possession charge. He has been out of the league for a year.

i dunno....dude has multiple pot possession convictions, a DUI history, and a FELONY narcotic conviction.....He has had a lot of second chances that he has f'd up......Don't think he can measure up to EM's

standards on the character side of the house....i reallly don't see a fit

i dunno....dude has multiple pot possession convictions, a DUI history, and a FELONY narcotic conviction.....He has had a lot of second chances that he has f'd up......Don't think he can measure up to EM's

standards on the character side of the house....I reallly don't see a fit

I agree....it's a long baggage list.

I don't get all that worried about a DUI, or even a pot possession charge, but narcotics convictions along with the other stuff pretty much black flag the guy IMO.

Some people can't get out of the suck of the legal system, and he appears to be one....at least at this juncture of his life.

Archived