THE BROWNS BOARD

Bernie Kosar looks back!

Mr. T

Dang, T ! Freakin NICE JOB !

I admired Kosar. I think Quinn has that kind of heart.

also... wonder about the Browns "coaches" making Quinn change his grip on the ball...

But Kosar was amazing - one of the most brilliant qb's ever.

And heyl yeah ! I'd have him as an OC, quarterback coach for sure.

I'd let him call plays.

Very, very tired of the fraidiecat offense.

Need OFFENSIVE OFFENSE.

And, Kosar got his superbowl ring... and he earned it.

Butticheck was a hippo's rear end.

Awesome T. Thanks for posting it.

He's was a leader. The play in the dirt is historic. How many us have been in the huddle in high school or college and had these plays coming in from the sidelines that just didn't make sense. To have a QB that has the gonads to draw up an audible in the huddle is priceless.

I hope Quinn (and maybe Marty) can repeat history.

The Marty and Bernie era. Competitive every year. Damn those were the days.

Best song of the era:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

JUST MADE MY DAY T !!!

That was awesome. I lived those games face pressed against the screen - only got to see one game first hand with Bernie in it (lived in Fla. at the time).

Best, most dedicated, smart, football and especially Cleveland football guy ever !

I wish he'd come work for this organization again. I was so glad he got his ring, even in a Cowboys uniform. I remember all the talk of him learning the playbook within a few days when he did. Guy was simply awesome ... thus my screen name.

I lived in atlanta when the Superbowl with the Cowboys was won and Bernie as number 2. I bought a Browns mini helmet signed by Bernie and wanted to go to the hotel the players were in, to meet him firsthand, but figured I never get near the players, so did'nt bother. Wish I had gone.

I was nust about Sipe, Phipps, etc., but Bernie struck me the most.

Testaverde had his best playing time when he had Bernie on the sideline working with him, as Testaverde's BACK-UP.

The overtime game vs the Jets, and Kosar played on a fractured ankle...

the guy was a QUARTERBACK. and fun to watch.

Ya have to laugh, that Bernie once? ran for a TD.... LOL

BK was tops.

He was one of the smartest field generals I've ever seen play. Not a "great" arm but good enough, threw a beautiful ball and was extremely accurate. Not too bad a career for a high school running back that shredded a knee and changed positions to qb.

I was depressed when Art dumped him but he earned that SB in Dallas. Face it the 'Boys would NOT have got there that season with Aiikman being out with one of his his perennial concussions.

I forget, wasn't there like 3 or 4 other Browns Bill decided to cut (during training camp) on that roster at the time? My memory is a bit fuzzy back then.

I think so, Tob - believe it was Kosar's favorite receiver, but I don't remember for sure, either.....

Can someone post a link I cannot see anything in the original post. Thanks.

Archived