THE BROWNS BOARD

Well, there goes my NFL qb career... LOL

calfoxwc

So, I jammed my shoulder two weeks ago, no bones broken.

But I still have limited motion, so I went today to a top expert surgeon in these shoulder deals...

and I have a torn rotator cuff.

Had an MRI but don't know the results, but when I asked if I

could just let it heal, and he started shaking his head, and said

it wasn't ever going to happen. I have to have surgery on it.

So, that will happen in the near future - he says to wait months gives the rc more time

to retract, and is harder to repair over time.

Great. Then I will go from being one and a half armed, to one armed for a while.

"sigh"

so much work to do.

I just got to where I could tie my own shoes last week. crap.

Anybody know about this surgery? How long it takes to recover completely with phys therapy?

So, I jammed my shoulder two weeks ago, no bones broken.

But I still have limited motion, so I went today to a top expert surgeon in these shoulder deals...

and I have a torn rotator cuff.

Had an MRI but don't know the results, but when I asked if I

could just let it heal, and he started shaking his head, and said

it wasn't ever going to happen. I have to have surgery on it.

So, that will happen in the near future - he says to wait months gives the rc more time

to retract, and is harder to repair over time.

Great. Then I will go from being one and a half armed, to one armed for a while.

"sigh"

so much work to do.

I just got to where I could tie my own shoes last week. crap.

Anybody know about this surgery? How long it takes to recover completely with phys therapy?

Sucks man. I know how you feel. I subluxed my shoulder playing racket ball, must be a bitch with the tear.

Your body might be telling you to slow down man. Mine already did, 15 years too early.

I heal very fast. That is a GREAT article, THANKS ! It's on my favorites now.

My sister in law said she was trying to be like me with our knees,

and that I was trying to be like her with our shoulders...

and she said I should just smile and tough it out, because I was a guy,

and didn't have to wear a bra. She picks at me like that.

She had regular surgery repairing four different things that happened over years, and only started playing volleyball again,

after a year and a half.

But, one of the guys who plays volleyball with them, had a minor tear, and arthroscopic surgery, and started playing volleyball again

after two months of therapy.

I hope for the latter.

Ever try to button your own jeans or shirt with only one arm? Put on a t-shirt?

Fork hay...

dammit.

Mike,

If you haven't yet seen Dr Gerald Klimo, CALL me! The man saved me from what I had been led to believe was unavoidable rotator cuff surgery. I believe he is still with Omni Orthopaedics.

Mike

You know, Mike, I was thinking of doing that... Dr. violet has been around over 20 years, has a great rep...

but I would be interested in having Dr. Kimo check it out before I have surgery.

I'll call this weekend or next week, ... Thanks !

Ever try to button your own jeans or shirt with only one arm? Put on a t-shirt?

Fork hay...

dammit.

When my long head bicep tendon tore, I had to use my left hand to raise my arm up and down. there were other tears as well. I dont want to go through that again.

I remember the doc came in with a shot about the size of a horses leg, he jabbed that needle in and I didn't even flinch. He stated "have you had this done before?" I told him no, but I know that its going to stop the throbbing pain. you could see the tendon resting like a piece of pasta under the skin lying on top of my bicep through the skin.

Well, my NFL qb career chances are definately zero now, down from 1% GGG

... the MRI results are:

tiny tear in the front of my shoulder.

Tiny bit of arthritis in the area

and the middle tendon/ligament? is:

completely torn in two.

Completely isn't good. No wonder it kinda aches me.

Well, that, and no wonder it just about made me wimp out and cry

when I was laying in dark, in the mud, in the rain.

wa-a-a-a. LOL

So, my hopes of no surgery are dashed.

What's amazing is:

My Wonderful Cute Wife broke a bone in her hand playing on a softball team in the years (over twenty) before I met her....

she had Dr. Violet.

My sister-in-law went to Dr. Violet twice now.

And the old farmer friend next door? He has had three rotator cuff injuries over the last twenty years,

and the only time he had problems, was the one time he didn't have Dr. Violet as his surgeon.

Surgery is in a little over two weeks. Imobilized ten days, passive motion exercizes for so many weeks, and

6 weeks of active exercizes and I'll be good as new.

That's a lot of work to do with one arm, but I won't stop. Maybe I might whine and complain once in a while... @@

dammit.

Well, my NFL qb career chances are definately zero now, down from 1% GGG

... the MRI results are:

tiny tear in the front of my shoulder.

Tiny bit of arthritis in the area

and the middle tendon/ligament? is:

completely torn in two.

Completely isn't good. No wonder it kinda aches me.

Well, that, and no wonder it just about made me wimp out and cry

when I was laying in dark, in the mud, in the rain.

wa-a-a-a. LOL

So, my hopes of no surgery are dashed.

What's amazing is:

My Wonderful Cute Wife broke a bone in her hand playing on a softball team in the years (over twenty) before I met her....

she had Dr. Violet.

My sister-in-law went to Dr. Violet twice now.

And the old farmer friend next door? He has had three rotator cuff injuries over the last twenty years,

and the only time he had problems, was the one time he didn't have Dr. Violet as his surgeon.

Surgery is in a little over two weeks. Imobilized ten days, passive motion exercizes for so many weeks, and

6 weeks of active exercizes and I'll be good as new.

That's a lot of work to do with one arm, but I won't stop. Maybe I might whine and complain once in a while... @@

dammit.

Mike,

I am obviously a fan of Dr Klimo, who helped me, but your choice of Dr Violet is a great one. His reputation & track record are EXCELLENT!

If I can help with anything while you're out of commission, please let me know.

Mike

Don't temp me, Mike... LOL..

Just got back from camping with friends for two days, I'll call you sometime the next two days...

maybe tonight...

Don't temp me, Mike... LOL..

Just got back from camping with friends for two days, I'll call you sometime the next two days...

maybe tonight...

I fished all day, released 'em all. On my way for pizza now...call me after 9!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

We went fishing at this small lake over by Guilford,

caught some mid size bluegill. cooked em up using this Kentucky stuff coating.

Mike, Maybe I'll go call you later, you could do something for me...

like KEEP some bluegill so I can fillet them and COOK EM.

Love that stuff !!!

Filleting with one hand... aw... dammit, I'll have to have a good friend do that for me I guess.

"sigh"

went to the knee doc today, my knee will be fine, he drained it and put in some ...eh... something whatever... to get

the inflammation down.

Have shoulder surgery in the early morning. I lost count of friends who have told me not to be stubborn and just do nothing, they

will help me by volunteering to get jobs done, and go to farmer's markets with me.

I just don't want to ruin my Wifie's whole summer by waiting on me hand and shoulder. @@

One friend said a lot of nice things, and that I was a great guy, and proud, and tough, but I needed to suck it up

and just let friends do stuff instead of me doing it.

And an old time best friend who used to be a phsical therapist says I should not do anything outside, I could hurt or aggravate

the shoulder just by simple reflex of other muscles in my arm and back.

The nurse says a lot of -guys- are stubborn. She's had guys try to use their repaired shoulder at 4 weeks to start their weed whacker

and they had to have the surgery all over again.

So, we have a lot of friends, and Mr. Canton Mike volunteered his help, (I'll be calling, Mike), and you guys would too, but you're too far away... GGG

DISCRETION is the BETTER PART of VALOR. I don't know where I got that, I'm sure I never made it up,, but I believe it bigtime.

I'll wait til the FIFTH week to cut some trees up and ruin my shoulder surgery. Just kidding.

I'm never going to walk in the mud in the dark again.

dammit.

Archived