THE BROWNS BOARD

Marty _ Bill

Vegasdogg

Never say never......

Adam Schefter

Schottenheimer: Return to Cleveland not likely

Posted: December 8th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cleveland Browns, Marty Schottenheimer

Sirius Satellite Radio host Adam Schein had the chance Monday to ask Marty Schottenheimer the questions any Browns fans would.

Schein asked Schottenheimer about the speculation linking him to a possible return to Cleveland. Here is a transcript of their interview:

SIRIUS NFL Radio host, Adam Schein: “Are you in the mix to coach the Cleveland Browns?”

Schottenheimer: “I don’t see that as being likely at all. I really don’t. I’ve made a major change in my life and, again, the only thing I always say, Adam, as a caveat, I don’t ever make a decision if I don’t have to and thus I haven’t made one. First of all, nobody has presented me with an overture and, secondly, I’ve kind of aligned myself and my life kind of where it is and if they want to pay me $30 million a year I’ll have to talk about it. (laughs)…But I have not spoken to anybody from there and the likelihood is, if indeed I were to, I don’t see it [as being] likely.”

Schein went on to ask Schottenheimer if he would consider a front office role in the league and whether he would be interested in potentially joining his good friend, Bill Cowher, on a staff.

Schein: “Marty, would you consider a Bill Parcells-type role with a ball club?”

Schottenheimer: “Possibly. But again, Adam, it’s a long shot. I’ve picked my family up for a number of years and moved them all over the place and I’m sitting here now [at home in North Carolina], it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good.”

Schein: “I believe you when you say life is good. I think you are being beyond genuine but, boy, there’s something about that Schottenheimer-Cowher situation that kind of intrigues me.”

Schottenheimer: “That would be very interesting for a couple of reasons. You know, Bill and I have remained very very close friends throughout our NFL careers and it goes back to when he was a player and I was an assistant. I would be less than candid if I didn’t say that that is, at the very least, intriguing. But there are so many movable parts there it would be like a Rubix cube.”

Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

"it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

Regards

... an'at

Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

"it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

Regards

... an'at

fag

If you believe that, then Cowher is doing the same thing. I don't want Marty for coach. I want Cowher. When Cowher says he is not coming out of retirement, that is BS. That dude is itching to get on the sideline - - - for the right price. Why negotiate with yourself when you can say you're happy where you are in life?

Lord knows a 5 year deal @ $40-50 million would make you more happy than you are now.

Cowher would take the money if Lerner were serious about a winner.

And why are you so interested in the Browns and their coach? Get a life and get off the internet.

Archived