THE BROWNS BOARD

How can one be a fan of both

rich4eagle

Brings a tear of pride to my eye! Too bad they only got one!

When the Steelers come to "your" town there are more fights because you bitter little people start them.....otherwise, Steeler fans are considered to be the best, and most respected, traveling fans in the NFL. It makes me happy to know that this fact irritates the living crap out of you!

No a**hole fights start because people like you can't shut your f***in' pieholes! It's one thing to root for your team, but then you morons have to start with the childish insults, and all of that other crap! Shut your mouth, watch the game, and chances are you'd be left alone. Better yet, how about not coming here in the first place?! Oh, and don't act like your fans are all innocent. Based on your comment back to me about "too bad they only got one" yeah, real f***in' classy! Quit trying to play the your fans are holier than thou crap! I've heard some of the BS that you guys pull with opposing fans down there in that 2nd rate city! And if their sooo respected, why have other NFL cities started campaigns to keep you dumb hicks out of their stadiums??? Hmmm, maybe because you're a bunch of arrogant pricks! Philly fans, are no better. Must be a Pennsyltucky thing! Maybe yinz need to lay off of that s****y beer that you guys drink down there!

Finally, there are other things in life other than sports. Yes I'm a Browns fan, and yes as a fanbase we're very passionate. We've been through a lot as fans. However; the suicide rate in Pittsburgh would be off the charts if your team has a 4-12 season! Because that is all you have in Pittsburgh, is the Steelers! You people are absolutely obsessed with it! As evidence of coming on a rival teams board, and feeling the need to defend them. I have news, this isn't a Steelers love fest over here! It doesn't matter how many rings you have, your record, whether you have the most fans, or whatever... we still don't like them! Never have! Never will! So you're defending your team here is pretty much falling on deaf ears! Are you people all really that dumb down there? :rolleyes: Must be all the years of inbreeding.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is so funny, I don't know where to begin!

A Browns fans talking about classless? That's funny!

A Browns fan saying Steeler fans are obsessed? That's funny!

Suicide after a 4-12 season? Thank God we don't have to deal with that. That's funny!

Steeler fans love fest with this board? Sometimes, it's just fun to watch the Retards!

Campaign to keep Steeler fans out? That's funny! Yes, Steeler fans often anger the local team's fans when they outnumber them!

You're a funny guy!

Yeah, and you're an arrogant a**hole! All fan bases have their idiots! DUH!!! Your fans however, are beyond obnoxious with you're silly yellow towels, and all the s*** that you talk! As for Retard watching there should be plenty of that to see in W PA with all the inbreeding going on there. Now go run along and go play with your Big Ben blow up doll!

Nice try gip but..............NO! There is nothing alike about them. One is a beautiful city the other is a shithole, one is a city filled with good solid down to earth people the other is a city filled with bitter little people, one has perennially winning high class sports organizations, the other has perennial losing sports teams and embarrassing organizations.

You could say that fresh caviar and rotted, moldy, caviar are both alike because they are both caviar but I think most would readily see the difference.

That is pure stupidity brought on just by a desire to be a flamer. It is beyond being disingenuous and incredulous. And if it was an attempt to be humorous, sorry, go back to the drawing board.

I like your feeding the threads and find your elementary thinking..........quite amusing........keep working the bored..............and if you do want to keep belittling me........

bring it punk and get your ass kicked

Am I trying to be amusing at your expense? Sure. Guilty.

Am I trying to be malicious? No, not really. You're not that important.

Have you set yourself up for this? Certainly. You are an aberration. Being an aberration makes you an easy target.

Certainly you must have insight into that fact. So don't be so defensive about it.

Just put some RainX on your windshield and let the teardrops glide off.

Granted the Pirates remind you of a Cleveland team but if memory serves me correctly the Pirate have won a couple world championships since the entire city of Cleveland won one in any sport. Then there's the Steelers and Penquins who have won more championships than the city of Cleveland will see in the next 100 years.

BTW..............the Steelers have two receivers other than Ward who are better than anything the Browns have.

So? In your mind, winning a few titles here or there is the be all and end all of a City's vitality? The sum and substance of a communities economic, social, cultural, educational and political existance?

Is that what you are saying? If indeed that is true, I think, perhaps, a lot of those institutions wherever you come from have apparently failed you.

Come non Gip! Even you can't spin or twist it that far!

Winning "a few" titles is at or near the bottom of a very long list of why Pittsburgh is great city and Cleveland is a shithole. A very long and important list my friend.

Well, given your delusions, I suspect that list starts with:

1. Cleveland doesn't have as many fat, drunk, ugly chicks as Pittsburgh

2. Cleveland doesn't reek of onions an garlic as much as Pittsburgh

3. Clevelanders can actually pronounce the pronouns "you" "yours" properly, unlike Pittsburgh.

4. Cleveland Rocks, but it don't Polka like Pittsburgh

5. In Cleveland you can't piss in three different rivers by swinging your stream back and forth in a wide arc like you can in Point Park in Pittsburgh.

Yea, I get it, you got a list.

3. Clevelanders can actually pronounce the pronouns "you" "yours" properly, unlike Pittsburgh.

5. In Cleveland you can't piss in three different rivers by swinging your stream back and forth in a wide arc like you can in Point Park in Pittsburgh.

Yea, I get it, you got a list

I'll also add that in Cleveland we do not date our relatives. Also I might add that if Pittsburgh is such a glamorous city,(I've been there, and it's nothing special) then how come so many of them have relocated here? :wacko:

Oh and furthermore, is classy defined by one of your fans running down a Browns fan in their car after that playoff game? Or, is your definition of classy defined by the way your fans act in other NFL stadiums? Why is it that when the Steelers come to your town there are the most fights and BS? Hmmm, keep staying classy their Pittspuke!!!

Alright I was staying out of it but I have to comment on the above. Our fans in your stadium? I've been to a few Steeler games in Cleveland and it's the Browns fan base egging on the fights. In my case I was always with a bunch of friends that were Browns diehards and no one in their right mind would considering starting a fight with any of us let alone a group of us. Although you can be rest assured on more than one occasion we were damn close and it was bad enough that my friends that are Cleveland diehards almost got involved because of just how ridiculous some of the drunk Retards were acting. Let's not forget the bottles on the field incident or any number of glaring issues with the Browns fan base. You're surprised there are a bunch of fights at Browns/Steeler games? Division games + alcohol = physical altercations. I also can't believe this stupid a$$ thread is still going on.

I am not arguing with you here....but garlic and onions are a good thing IMO, and Cleveland is the Polka Capitol of the western world.

Frankie Yankovic....King of the Polka was from Cleveland. Polka Varieties was a hour long mainstay Cleveland TV program for maybe 30 years.

Embrace the Polka.....that's Cleveland.

That is because Nobody has showed them how to use deodorant yet.

Alright I was staying out of it but I have to comment on the above. Our fans in your stadium? I've been to a few Steeler games in Cleveland and it's the Browns fan base egging on the fights. In my case I was always with a bunch of friends that were Browns diehards and no one in their right mind would considering starting a fight with any of us let alone a group of us. Although you can be rest assured on more than one occasion we were damn close and it was bad enough that my friends that are Cleveland diehards almost got involved because of just how ridiculous some of the drunk Retards were acting. Let's not forget the bottles on the field incident or any number of glaring issues with the Browns fan base. You're surprised there are a bunch of fights at Browns/Steeler games? Division games + alcohol = physical altercations. I also can't believe this stupid a$$ thread is still going on.

Robo... you seem like a decent guy. Believe me I know all about drunken idiots. I was a DJ in bars and nightclubs for many years, and it's amazing some of the stupid s*** that goes on when people drink. That being said every Browns-Steelers game I've been to it's always started because of the Steelers fans running their mouth. Have I been in a fight down there? No. But very close a few times, and it has always been with Steelers fans, because of them flapping at the gums and starting with the childish insults. I've also met Steelers fans down there that were perfectly fine, where it was shake hands, good luck, and P.S. you suck... yuck yuck! I realize it's a rivalry, and that's fine. I have no issue if you want to come to our town and root for your team. But, if it were on the other foot, and I go to Heinz Field for a Browns-Steelers game, I'm doing my best to keep a low profile. My thought is, I'm in "your house" so I'll respect it enough to keep my mouth shut and watch the game. Quite simply, I would expect that in return. Yes we have some a**hole fans, no doubt about it. I was at the game with the bottle incident. While there is no doubt in my mind that the refs screwed us in that game, I was embarrassed that our fans reacted in that way. However; keep in mind we're not all a**holes. Unfortunately it is the few who ruin it for the rest of us. As I said before, I'm easy to get along with. Probably one of the easiest people to get along with. However; when someone starts trashing where I was born and raised, especially on a Cleveland Browns Board meant for Browns fans, I take issue, as I am tired of hearing the same old BS! While I realize this city has it's issues and by no means is perfect, it's my home, and I have a sense of pride calling it home. I'll use this analogy, you can bad mouth your family, because it's your family, but dammit, nobody else better say anything bad about them! That being said, the reason people here tend to be "bitter" is because of the relentless negative press from the likes of Forbes and other national publications. Which quite frankly I don't buy into it, and I think they are extremely biased.

And I distinctly remember you stating that everything you post here is fact. You're a hoot!

OK, I am sorry, I got one thing wrong. Cleveland does Polka better than Pittsburgh.

(and, maybe I did use a subjective factor....in Pittsburgh no drunk, fat chick would ever be considered ugly?)

I like your post and it represents pretty sound logic. Here is the one piece that you are missing though.

The typical Browns fan, as demonstrated on this site, is bitter and can't accept the truth. They convince themselves that since their hated rival wins they must cheat......since their hated rival, who beats them like red headed step child, is far superior in every aspect of the NFL they must pay the refs. The typical Browns fan actually believes that Pittsburgh is a shit hole just like Cleveland.

That mentality comes out of far too many Browns fans loud and ugly all the time.....especially at Browns Steelers games! Any fan, of any team, can only take so much of that behavior......add a few beers and the party gets ugly.

Browns fans say Steeler fans are arrogant........many are..........they've earned that right!

Too many Browns fans are loud, ignorant of fact, arrogant, and boorish......all over a team/organization who is bottom of the barrel............If they would just shut up until they their team actually does something, it would all be different.

You're full of crap as usual. I was at the game right after Lerner passed. They had a tribute to him before the game with the Marine Corps Honor Guard from DC and a fly over by FA-18 Marine Corps Jets. There were about 100-200 CLASSLESS Squealer fans chanting "Cleveland Sucks" as they were doing the tribute. There were some fights, but you classless inbreds showed no respect and deserved to get your buck teeth punched out.

I like your post and it represents pretty sound logic. Here is the one piece that you are missing though.

The typical Browns fan, as demonstrated on this site, is bitter and can't accept the truth. They convince themselves that since their hated rival wins they must cheat......since their hated rival, who beats them like red headed step child, is far superior in every aspect of the NFL they must pay the refs. The typical Browns fan actually believes that Pittsburgh is a shit hole just like Cleveland.

That mentality comes out of far too many Browns fans loud and ugly all the time.....especially at Browns Steelers games! Any fan, of any team, can only take so much of that behavior......add a few beers and the party gets ugly.

Browns fans say Steeler fans are arrogant........many are..........they've earned that right!

Too many Browns fans are loud, ignorant of fact, arrogant, and boorish......all over a team/organization who is bottom of the barrel............If they would just shut up until they their team actually does something, it would all be different.

Methinks thou doth protest too much. Psychologists call this transference where you impute your own character flaws onto those you perceive as your enemy. It reeks of total insecurity. Bad things are happening to the Steelers...you lash out at the Browns and their fans. Fairly typical abusive personality trait. I see it often in my practice. Counseling could help. Perhaps there is a hotline. In fact, I will do you this service and provide you a link as a resource:

http://www.focusas.com/Pennsylvania-Hotlines.html

You're Welcome. No charge on my part for these services.

Well, I for one DON'T think that Cleveland, or NE Ohio as a whole is a s***hole! Again, this city certainly has it's issues, and the leaders here can't seem to get out of their own way which is a shame, because with it's resources and the hardworking people in this area it has the potential to be great. So to solve that problem we need to make a change of leadership. I wish I had all of the answers, but I don't. As for Pittsburgh... I've been there a few times, and sure there are some nice qualities about the city, but personally I'd take Cleveland any day. Driving in that town is terrible. Throw all of the hills into the mix and it makes it worse.

As for your comment about Browns fans feeling the Steelers cheat, let me just say in general, that some of the crap that goes on in the NFL and other sports makes you wonder. Afterall, it is a business, and add gambling into the equation (which I'm not against) and it's easy to manipulate. As I have said, it's a business. Art Modell proved that to me when he moved the Browns. But I digress; as we have seen, these players today don't give a crap about the average fan. To them it's all about them, and the money! I totally can see a player in this day and age taking a payoff to choke, or a ref taking a payoff to look the other way on a call. It doesn't matter if it's the Browns, Steelers, or any other team. It all comes down to MONEY! That's just my opinion, and while there is no proof, there are things that go on that make you wonder.

As to Steelers fans being arrogant. Yes, your team has been quite successful, however; that does not give someone a free pass to act like and a**hole. I'm not trying to be a dick, but ever hear of good sportsmanship? Or winning gracefully, as well as losing gracefully? Finally to add to your point about Browns fans being loud. We're fans and as passionate about our team, just as much as you are about yours. Why should we be quiet? Why shouldn't we be fans of our team despite it's short comings? We live in CLEVELAND, and the team is the Cleveland Browns, therefore; you root for your home team win or lose. Does it get old losing? Absolutely! But in the end, it is a game, and I still have to get up and go to work the next morning. That being said I do think the team has finally taken the steps in moving in the right direction. The way the NFL is set up, teams can be turned around relatively quickly as long as the right people are in place. I feel that we're heading in that direction.

Great post!

My only comeback is this...............Yes, by all means a good fan should remain loud despite your teams shortcomings....however that volume should be directed at cheering for your team and screaming when things go good or bad.........NOT ABUSIVE IGNORANCE TOWARD OTHER FANS AND OTHER CITIES.......BIG DIFFERENCE!

If you really read the vast majority of posts on this site you can easily see that this site is about bitterness and hatred and not about "your team"

I absolutely agree about the first part! I am a very passionate Browns fan. I do know people who are Steelers fans, and don't have issues with them, other than we don't like the same football team. Sure we smack talk a little bit, but it's all good natured, and for the most part if it gets out of hand we back off. In the end, I don't start altercations over what is in essence a game or entertainment. It's ridiculous! However; when the insults and the pot shots start flying, that is when I have a problem. And I'll give it back!

The second part.... yeah Browns fans are bitter to a degree. Think about it.... this city hasn't won a championship in over 40+ years. Some of us weren't even born yet, me being one of them. We've endured, Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Move... you can see where this is going. :) So you're going to have a bunch of pissed off people. Furthermore, all we hear from the national publications is how bad Cleveland is. It's like we're not even part of the US sometimes. Like I said, I find Forbes extremely biased, as well as ESPN. Yes I am somewhat of a homer I'll admit. Personally, I despise our weather in the Winter, but I deal with it, because there are other things that make the area good. What is funny is most of the outsiders that bash Cleveland have never been here, or have been passing through, so they believe all the BS that they're fed about how bad the city is. On the other hand I've talked to numerous out of towners who actually felt that we had a wonderful town, and can't figure out why the national media as well as ourselves crack on it. Face it, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Buffalo are ALL in the same boat when it comes to decline, population loss, as well as loss of heavy industry. Our two cities I think can be fixed with the right leadership and the right changes. Not so sure about Detroit and Buffalo though. However; we are the ones singled out! I truly think it has more to do with the politicians and the business environment in this area more than anything. We were making progress in the 80s and 90s especially when The Flats were booming! The city should have never let them die and I think that set us back quite a bit.

I know I'm ranting, but you see where I'm going with this. You can only take getting beaten down for so long, before you start fighting back.

Great post!

My only comeback is this...............Yes, by all means a good fan should remain loud despite your teams shortcomings....however that volume should be directed at cheering for your team and screaming when things go good or bad.........NOT ABUSIVE IGNORANCE TOWARD OTHER FANS AND OTHER CITIES.......BIG DIFFERENCE!

If you really read the vast majority of posts on this site you can easily see that this site is about bitterness and hatred and not about "your team"

Edited to add.......If you would choose a crime filled, financially and politically mis-manged city devoid of professional sports, which has a horrible education system, over an otherwise great city that is hard to drive in......I question that logic.

really? we're bitter? have you reread what you have posted on this thread? talk about hypocritical. if it wasn't for you and your other steeler brothren insisting on coming on this board and spewing shit i think this would be a nice little place for us browns fans to spout poetic about all things cleveland. sure there are some haters that like to post negativity about our biggest rival but that's to be expected on any forum for any team, not just ours. if it offends you that much turn in your pledge pin and step the fxxk off. FORMERLY STONE........RECENTLY RAT PISS..........CURRENTLY DOG SHIT.

Edited to add.......If you would choose a crime filled, financially and politically mis-manged city devoid of professional sports, which has a horrible education system, over an otherwise great city that is hard to drive in......I question that logic.

I'm speaking about NE Ohio as a whole, not just Cleveland proper! The inner city sucks! As is the case for a lot of American cities whether it be Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or New York! With that, downtown isn't bad. It's had better days, like when the Flats were in full swing.

First...............I understand that Cleveland hasn't won anything in nearly 50 years but that is no reason why the rest of the country should have to tolerate loud, overbearing, ignorant fans is it? Like I said loud "for your team" is one thing, obnoxious toward other teams, fans and cities is not cool and it's why Browns fans get it back in kind.

Second.....I'm not sure why you keep putting Pittsburgh in a category with Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo? Pittsburgh is night and day different from those cities.

Pittsburgh is a rust belt city like the other 3! Pittsburgh has also suffered loss of industry as well as loss of population as well as the other 3! Is your city or metro area gaining residents? No! I realize you are a Steelers fan, but why do you feel the need to continue to put down Cleveland? If you live in Ohio, and don't like it, then perhaps you should go back to PA. If you're bitching about the treatment that you receive from Browns fans here, then are you saying that if I a Browns fan lived in Pittsburgh wouldn't be subjected to the same s*** if not worse??? I think not!

As for the rest of the country tolerating loud overbearing, and ignorant fans, they should also not have to be subjected to your fans rubbing it in everyones face about how great your team is. Yes you have a large fanbase, but there are a hell of a lot of people out there that hate your team as well. I don't care if people hate the Browns. F*** 'em, let them hate! But you guys can't handle the fact that not everyone likes your team. As evidence by your fans constant need to defend their team on other fan boards. So I guess when the Browns moved, and the Cleveland fans took the fight and protested across the country that is loud and overbearing as well? So tell me, what would the good people of WPA done had it been the Steelers? Hmmm, my guess is that the reaction would have been about the same.

You could make a lot of similarities, most of which are meaningless like the ones you presented. Yes they're both cities, yes, they're both in the USA, yes they're both north of the equator, etc, etc, etc.

But if you look at the things that matter, they are drastically different! Politics, city management, school systems, financial management, cleanliness, crime, sports, liveliness of the city itself, friendliness of the people.

As far as your last question, it's really a poor question.......It's not relevant because it wouldn't happen in Pittsburgh.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo not Pittsburgh! Nothing bad ever happens in Pittsburgh! :rolleyes: Because Pittsburgh is paradise! Please! :wacko: People in Pittsburgh friendly? Really? Now you're really reaching. Let's just agree that you like your hometown as much as I like mine, and leave it at that. To each there own. All that I ask is quit trashing my town! There are a lot of good people here, as with anywhere else it's the few bad ones that ruin it for everyone else.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo not Pittsburgh! Nothing bad ever happens in Pittsburgh! :rolleyes: Because Pittsburgh is paradise! Please! :wacko: People in Pittsburgh friendly? Really? Now you're really reaching. Let's just agree that you like your hometown as much as I like mine, and leave it at that. To each there own. All that I ask is quit trashing my town! There are a lot of good people here, as with anywhere else it's the few bad ones that ruin it for everyone else.

good post. i don't care what forbes or anyone else says, pittsburgh is no better than cleveland. i lived in pittsburgh for several years (college) and the greater pittsburgh area is no better than the greater cleveland area. this is just the nonsense rant from low life, loser trolls who have too much time on their hands.

these steeler trolls are nothing more than grown men on the net acting like children in a toy store, spouting off at the mouth with their pittsburgh is a better city blah blah blah rhetoric. same old tired posts from the same old tired trolls.

they must not have much of a life. as much as they post on this browns board, added with the amount of time they post on steelers boards equals no life. period, end of story.

good post. i don't care what forbes or anyone else says, pittsburgh is no better than cleveland. i lived in pittsburgh for several years (college) and the greater pittsburgh area is no better than the greater cleveland area. this is just the nonsense rant from low life, loser trolls who have too much time on their hands.

these steeler trolls are nothing more than grown men on the net acting like children in a toy store, spouting off at the mouth with their pittsburgh is a better city blah blah blah rhetoric. same old tired posts from the same old tired trolls.

they must not have much of a life. as much as they post on this browns board, added with the amount of time they post on steelers boards equals no life. period, end of story.

And I would imagine that when you lived there, and mentioned that you were from Cleveland you caught a ton of crap for it.

And I would imagine that when you lived there, and mentioned that you were from Cleveland you caught a ton of crap for it.

i went to college with about 3 people that i went to highschool with and there were a good number of other clevelanders at that college to. yeah, we caught crap from some of the guys in pittsburgh........but the pittsburgh women loved us :D .

i went to college with about 3 people that i went to highschool with and there were a good number of other clevelanders at that college to. yeah, we caught crap from some of the guys in pittsburgh........but the pittsburgh women loved us :D .

Lucky you. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

i hope the steelers go 0-16 every season.

if they were to make it to the super bowl, i would wish them to lose by a record margin. and lose their starting quarterback to a rotator cuff injury.

steelers players arent real people.

I'm with this guy.

It's real easy for me. I KNOW I could never be a fan of the Steelers. And I KNOW I could never be a fan of both. I have never met any of you and I don't see how I can sit here and say that YOU can't be a fan of both teams. That's like me telling a man with no arms that he can't bowl. If he figures out a way... more power to him.

Archived