THE BROWNS BOARD

How can one be a fan of both

rich4eagle

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our college was downtown and we lived on pittsburgh's northside. we had to cross the bridge (the 6th st bridge if i remember correctly) to go to school. one morning, on the way to school, we see a whole bunch of people on the bridge looking and laughing at something. so me and my boys run to see what the commotion was about. dude, there was a dead f*cking cow floating up the river! me and my boys looked at each other like, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a whoooole lot of stories to share about my time in pittsburgh. the word "yinz" used to drive me crazy. and most people from pittsburgh pronounce words with "own" as "on". i met a girl at this club and we exchanged numbers . i told her i was from cleveland and i go to aip. she said oh, isn't that don ton. i was like, uuuhh, aip is down town. then she said, yeah that's what i said, don ton. their accent or way of speaking is strange.

our college was downtown and we lived on pittsburgh's northside. we had to cross the bridge (the 6th st bridge if i remember correctly) to go to school. one morning, on the way to school, we see a whole bunch of people on the bridge looking and laughing at something. so me and my boys run to see what the commotion was about. dude, there was a dead f*cking cow floating up the river! me and my boys looked at each other like, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a whoooole lot of stories to share about my time in pittsburgh. the word "yinz" used to drive me crazy. and most people from pittsburgh pronounce words with "own" as "on". i met a girl at this club and we exchanged numbers . i told her i was from cleveland and i go to aip. she said oh, isn't that don ton. i was like, uuuhh, aip is down town. then she said, yeah that's what i said, don ton. their accent or way of speaking is strange.

Years of inbreeding has caused a birth defect in the formation of the jaw and neck. Making them speak with kind of an almost alien accent.

Years of inbreeding has caused a birth defect in the formation of the jaw and neck. Making them speak with kind of an almost alien accent.

not to mention the early forced fellatio required of the pissburgh ho's resulting in malformation of the vocal cords

It is clear that I started global thermonuclear warfare among two cities which are much the same and victims of American Politics (yep road kill) yet both populations are prolly in fully support of the politics that made them road kill.

That left alone

Lets shift the FOOTBALL...................real fans do hate their rivals they adulate them and want to beat the crap out of them

which part of this simple premise keeps going over heads of supposed fans...........until such time as the above become mantra...............those who disagree are dysfunctional fans

It is clear that I started global thermonuclear warfare among two cities which are much the same and victims of American Politics (yep road kill) yet both populations are prolly in fully support of the politics that made them road kill.

That left alone

Lets shift the FOOTBALL...................real fans do hate their rivals they adulate them and want to beat the crap out of them

which part of this simple premise keeps going over heads of supposed fans...........until such time as the above become mantra...............those who disagree are dysfunctional fans

Absolutely. The two cities are very similar really. This is just rivalry talk, and that is all.

The only real difference between them, and I have heard this from reliable sources: Cleveland men have bigger dicks.

The sources? Youngstown hookers. And by god they oughta know.

Absolutely. The two cities are very similar really. This is just rivalry talk, and that is all.

The only real difference between them, and I have heard this from reliable sources: Cleveland men have bigger dicks.

The sources? Youngstown hookers. And by god they oughta know

Ytown guys have the biggest stiffest boners in the world.....and balls two..........that is what it takes to root for two bitter rivals..........big COHONES

Well, who are we to argue? You are obviously an expert....

Zombo

squeeze your 1/4 incher.......until your bawls are blue brother

Ytown guys have the biggest stiffest boners in the world.....and balls two..........that is what it takes to root for two bitter rivals..........big COHONES

Actually, it takes bigger cahones to root for one team in a bitter rivalry than both. If you root for both, nobody in either city will take your fandom seriously. You become a joke, and people blow you off.

But if you are a rabid fan of one team, and are willing to sit in the "dawgpound" of the other team in your colors, that takes cahones.

But if you can't decide which team you like best and root for both to win, it just makes you a jelly donut. You can't decide if you are pie or a donut! Both may be tasty, but decide damnit!

Actually, it takes bigger cahones to root for one team in a bitter rivalry than both. If you root for both, nobody in either city will take your fandom seriously. You become a joke, and people blow you off.

But if you are a rabid fan of one team, and are willing to sit in the "dawgpound" of the other team in your colors, that takes cahones.

But if you can't decide which team you like best and root for both to win, it just makes you a jelly donut. You can't decide if you are pie or a donut! Both may be tasty, but decide damnit!

Oh Andy chill out............that is like saying if you are not a Christian you are going to hell.............and yep idiots believe that

I rooted for both teams since before you were rattling in your fathers balls...........So Please do not Say what makes a good fan.........

Oh Andy chill out............that is like saying if you are not a Christian you are going to hell.............and yep idiots believe that

I rooted for both teams since before you were rattling in your fathers balls...........So Please do not Say what makes a good fan.........

Well its true dude... everyone but my paternal family is going to hell.

Well its true dude... everyone but my paternal family is going to hell.

Whatever you do what have to do................Zombo and I never made a bet............and you just got this erection that will no go down

peace.......................call on Jesus to strike me with lighhtening

i hope the steelers go 0-16 every season.

if they were to make it to the super bowl, i would wish them to lose by a record margin. and lose their starting quarterback to a rotator cuff injury.

steelers players arent real people.

You forgot the part about Hines Ward getting his ugly face smashed in and his big buck teeth knocked down his throat.

i hope the steelers go 0-16 every season.

if they were to make it to the super bowl, i would wish them to lose by a record margin. and lose their starting quarterback to a rotator cuff injury.

steelers players arent real people.

Ditto on everything, except I won't go as far as to wish an injury on anyone.

Isn't it funny how the residents of the countries nastiest cities can actually convince themselves that these absurdities are true. Imagine someone saying that Jim Brown and Bam Morris were actually equal as football players? This kind of statement is why you guys are so funny to play with.

That someone can convince themselves that absurdities are true is not surprising at all. You are a perfect example of your statement.

And I would imagine that when you lived there, and mentioned that you were from Cleveland you caught a ton of crap for it.

Of course you catch sh.it but it's never malicious. I went to college in Ohio and I caught plenty of sh.it but most of the time unless alcohol was involved the exchanges were friendly and funny. I've spent plenty of time in both cities and parts of Cleveland are certainly nice but Pittsburgh was rated the nations most livable city for the second time for a reason. I fully expect everyone here from either base to defend their respective cities. You should be proud of your home town and really thats what it all boils down too. A non-biased opinion gives the nod to Pittsburgh as evidenced by the most livable city nod. All of which doesn't mean Cleveland can't be enjoyed or loved. It's a matter of opinion. It just so happens that Pittsburgh lands on the favorable side more often. Pittsburgh really is a great, great city and it's a shame most of you won't enjoy it because of your hatred for the Steelers. I really like Columbus and Cleveland has it's moments.

You are either a liar, stupid, or both......I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume your college years were a waste of time.

you never present any kind of facts. all you do is tell corny jokes and make false statements. the more you post, the more you prove my point about pittsburgh trolls. you're not even smart enough to realize how dumb you make yourself look. you're just a sad excuse for a human being and if you and your kind want to be court jesters for this board, i'll be more than happy to laugh at you fools every time. thanks for playing.

Of course you catch sh.it but it's never malicious. I went to college in Ohio and I caught plenty of sh.it but most of the time unless alcohol was involved the exchanges were friendly and funny. I've spent plenty of time in both cities and parts of Cleveland are certainly nice but Pittsburgh was rated the nations most livable city for the second time for a reason. I fully expect everyone here from either base to defend their respective cities. You should be proud of your home town and really thats what it all boils down too. A non-biased opinion gives the nod to Pittsburgh as evidenced by the most livable city nod. All of which doesn't mean Cleveland can't be enjoyed or loved. It's a matter of opinion. It just so happens that Pittsburgh lands on the favorable side more often. Pittsburgh really is a great, great city and it's a shame most of you won't enjoy it because of your hatred for the Steelers. I really like Columbus and Cleveland has it's moments.

Of course, those "opinions" about what the most livable cities are change from magazine to magazine, from year to year. Cleveland "won" those polls itself a few years back.

But you are right, both towns are similar, have plenty to offer and enjoy, and a sports rivalry won't keep me from doing so, though I have no intention to go there soon. However, I had thought about it when I learned that there had been a National Heritage Area, administered by the National Park System that was to be set up there. Now, however I learn that the "Rivers of Steel National Heritage" will not be commissioned after all. It seems that the politician or politicians who were proposing it (from PA) have apparently overextended themselves as they also wanted essentially the entire state of PA to be a National Heritage area. They already have the "Oil Region" NHA, and the "Paths of Progress" NHA, and the Delaware-Lehigh Valley NHA, and the Lackawanna Valley NHA, and the Schuykill Valley NHA, and the Potomac NHA, and the Chesapeake Bay NHA, like I said, the entire damn state. Apparently the President and Congress said "that's enough", most other states have maybe one, two, or no NHA's...it is absurd to fund all these requests for Pennsylvania."

So, I will keep my eyes open on that. If it falls, I won't go, but if it succeeds I may check it out.

I have been to every major city in the US and Canada, and there are a lot of other places I have my eyes on, so Pittsburgh is not a high priority to visit...unless this other thing goes through and is implemented.

Here is link on this: http://www.nps.gov/state/PA/

But I can't get the Rivers of Steel link to activate. That may just be my computer, or maybe it has been deleted from the NPS site.

Of course, those "opinions" about what the most livable cities are change from magazine to magazine, from year to year. Cleveland "won" those polls itself a few years back.

But you are right, both towns are similar, have plenty to offer and enjoy, and a sports rivalry won't keep me from doing so, though I have no intention to go there soon. However, I had thought about it when I learned that there had been a National Heritage Area, administered by the National Park System that was to be set up there. Now, however I learn that the "Rivers of Steel National Heritage" will not be commissioned after all. It seems that the politician or politicians who were proposing it (from PA) have apparently overextended themselves as they also wanted essentially the entire state of PA to be a National Heritage area. They already have the "Oil Region" NHA, and the "Paths of Progress" NHA, and the Delaware-Lehigh Valley NHA, and the Lackawanna Valley NHA, and the Schuykill Valley NHA, and the Potomac NHA, and the Chesapeake Bay NHA, like I said, the entire damn state. Apparently the President and Congress said "that's enough", most other states have maybe one, two, or no NHA's...it is absurd to fund all these requests for Pennsylvania."

So, I will keep my eyes open on that. If it falls, I won't go, but if it succeeds I may check it out.

I have been to every major city in the US and Canada, and there are a lot of other places I have my eyes on, so Pittsburgh is not a high priority to visit...unless this other thing goes through and is implemented.

Here is link on this: http://www.nps.gov/state/PA/

But I can't get the Rivers of Steel link to activate. That may just be my computer, or maybe it has been deleted from the NPS site.

And that is exactly what it is an opinion!!!! I don't give a flying f*** about what Forbes or any other publication says. Considering they have a bias toward our town anyway. I'll be the judge of what I like, and what I don't like. I don't need a magazine to tell me. Sure Pittsburgh isn't all that bad, but it's not somewhere I would want to relocate to, and prefer the Cleveland area. Honestly, there are ONLY two other cold weather cities that I would want to relocate to, and that is Chicago or NYC. Other than that it would have to be a boat load of cash for me to even consider anywhere else in between.

And that is exactly what it is an opinion!!!! I don't give a flying f*** about what Forbes or any other publication says. Considering they have a bias toward our town anyway. I'll be the judge of what I like, and what I don't like. I don't need a magazine to tell me. Sure Pittsburgh isn't all that bad, but it's not somewhere I would want to relocate to, and prefer the Cleveland area. Honestly, there are ONLY two other cold weather cities that I would want to relocate to, and that is Chicago or NYC. Other than that it would have to be a boat load of cash for me to even consider anywhere else in between.

Who said you had too? The only reason it's brought up is because of the countless number of border line autistics on this board that automatically proclaim Pittsburgh some sort of trash dump when it's the polar opposite. It's getting the recognition for a reason and taking strides to make something of itself. The city has a whole has gone through a DRASTIC transformation since the Steel collapse and has really become a great place to live. The only reason people here won't say it is because of sport affiliation. I by and large hate Cleveland and it has nothing to do with sports. Certain areas are nice but for the most part IN MY OPINION it isn't bringing much to the table. I like the west side market and playhouse square is nice. Otherwise it's forgettable, once again my opinion. I could also never live in Chicago or NYC full time. Nice cities but the cost of living is through the roof, crime is through the roof and it's people on top of people. Less the case in Chicago but you get the idea.

The Economist rated Cleveland number one once and it's a reputable source. The others you posted would be like me starting a blog and proclaiming Clinton, Ohio has the sexiest county in the country. Forbes, The Economist and a few others that rate routinely. Pittsburgh has pulled it down twice. Either way it doesn't begin to matter because everyone has their own opinion and if you're happy with where you live that's all that matters.

The Economist rated Cleveland number one once and it's a reputable source. The others you posted would be like me starting a blog and proclaiming Clinton, Ohio has the sexiest county in the country. Forbes, The Economist and a few others that rate routinely. Pittsburgh has pulled it down twice. Either way it doesn't begin to matter because everyone has their own opinion and if you're happy with where you live that's all that matters.

Thank you! Could Cleveland and NE Ohio be better? ABSOLUTELY! Am I happy for the most part? Yes. My biggest gripe is the weather, which is why I said that I wouldn't move to another cold weather city unless it was Chicago or NYC. Cold is cold, and while some cold weather cities get less snow than Cleveland, it's still cold. Speaking of weather, I really can't complain about this past Spring, and so far Summer. It has been absolutely wonderful. Aside from the fact that football is played in the Fall, the end of May through the end of July is my absolute favorite time of year.

Bottom line on all this is that between the two cities Pittsburgh is in way better shape. Both have been massively screwed by Republican Politics by shipping Americas wealth building infrastructure overseas while spending all our monies on useless wars and massive increases in military spending of course both with no benefit to either since the infrastructure was outsourced.

Good reason for both cities to keep voting republican.........DUH........Pittsburgh has done a better job of working in high tech........which still has not been exported

in any case we are where we are.............a nation sending jobs away.........and demanding they be recreated out of thin air

sorta like fantasy land in disney

meanwhile the bickering about which sister city is not a turd is rediculous.............as both slowly become road kill as America commits itself to destroying itself

Bottom line on all this is that between the two cities Pittsburgh is in way better shape. Both have been massively screwed by Republican Politics by shipping Americas wealth building infrastructure overseas while spending all our monies on useless wars and massive increases in military spending of course both with no benefit to either since the infrastructure was outsourced.

Good reason for both cities to keep voting republican.........DUH........Pittsburgh has done a better job of working in high tech........which still has not been exported

in any case we are where we are.............a nation sending jobs away.........and demanding they be recreated out of thin air

sorta like fantasy land in disney

meanwhile the bickering about which sister city is not a turd is rediculous.............as both slowly become road kill as America commits itself to destroying itself

How about keeping your political bullshit to the political room?

Archived